PDA

View Full Version : Top contact at Boating & Fisheries Qld

ThePinkPanther
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
After ten seperate calls to DPI, B & F and God knows who else over a simple (I thought) query re the boundaries of a Moreton Bay fishing zone, I finally got onto a guy who was/is a rarity in B & F.

Only too pleased to help, nothing too much effort for him, happy to go away and "look up" the answers and went to no end of trouble to make sure I undersatood it all - and even gave me than I needed - wow!!

His name is GARY SELLWOOD and I got him on 3131 2888 where the Moreton bay marine park rangers gang out.

Well worth putting his name in your contact book as he is the sort of guy who cuts to the chase right off and won't let you go til you and he are on the same page!!

themissus
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
It's refreshing to know there is someone that will go that extra yard for you. Almost restores your faith in the establishment

bondy99
10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
After ten seperate calls to DPI, B & F and God knows who else over a simple (I thought) query re the boundaries of a Moreton Bay fishing zone, I finally got onto a guy who was/is a rarity in B & F.

Only too pleased to help, nothing too much effort for him, happy to go away and "look up" the answers and went to no end of trouble to make sure I undersatood it all - and even gave me than I needed - wow!!

His name is GARY SELLWOOD and I got him on 3131 2888 where the Moreton bay marine park rangers gang out.

Well worth putting his name in your contact book as he is the sort of guy who cuts to the chase right off and won't let you go til you and he are on the same page!!

ThePinkPanther,

G'day mate.

I know Gary Sellwood, he's a good bloke and a practical person, he is one of the top ranks in EPA / QPWS (Moreton Bay Marine Parks). The agency changed their name to something else. They used to have an operations base at Cleveland, opposite CSIRO, I worked as a volunteer at the base, but still difficult to land a paying job in Marine Parks.

I know they have relocated the operations base but not sure where.

Peter