PDA

View Full Version : 1770 - thanks for the tips

Megafisk
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi folks

We enjoyed two days out from 1770.

Wednesday a bit bumpy but a great feed of mixed reef and pelagics - went out to the 27km ground.

Thursday glass-out - ended up outside of Fitzroy looking around as much as fishing - still managed a good feed of trout / red throat / cod / sweeties.

Thanks to the Ausfishers for your help with bait ground marks and suggestions.

Can't wait till next time.

regards
Peter

Megafisk
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Special mention to Vertico (Sean) and PEtackle :)

Angla
09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks like you brained them a bit. It would be nice to take a good feed now and then.,

What is that thing on the right, being held up by the guy with the cap and glasses?

Cheers
Chris

Paulio
10-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Great work mate !,

Sorry I didnt get in touch, thanks to voda phone my mobile didnt work at 1770, looks like you didnt need any help catching fish though ! I attempted to head out to Lady Musgrave on Wednesday but had to turn back 1/2 way beacuse of a very very nervous wife and pretty average conditions. Ended up fishing off bustard head for an hour or so and hooked into a couple of unstopables and lost lots of expensive rapalas, one after the other. Thursday saw my second attempt at lady Musgrave and thanks to some more favourable conditions the wife was OK and we made it. Only problem was the wife and kids were so in love with snorkling out there (its a very spectacular place) that I only got about an hours fishing in. Still managed a good feed of reefies though. Coming back into 1770 in Total darkness was interesting. Thank god for the GPS tracker or Id be spread all over those rocks.

PS think I need a boys trip up there to really do some fishing roll on the next long weekend !

flynny15
11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
hey mate awesome pics iam going up for a week on friday coming...got any tips for me vertico has allready helped me out on some marks cheers.

Megafisk
11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Golden Trevally - we ended up with a real mix of Trevors - Goldies / Bludger / Tea Leaf & Silvers - great for the BBQ after sausages and bacon have been cooked on the plate (seriously!)

regards
Peter

Looks like you brained them a bit. It would be nice to take a good feed now and then.,

What is that thing on the right, being held up by the guy with the cap and glasses?

Cheers
Chris

Megafisk
11-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah sorry to miss you Paul - I left a message on the mobile...maybe next time.

regards
Peter

Great work mate !,

Sorry I didnt get in touch, thanks to voda phone my mobile didnt work at 1770, looks like you didnt need any help catching fish though ! I attempted to head out to Lady Musgrave on Wednesday but had to turn back 1/2 way beacuse of a very very nervous wife and pretty average conditions. Ended up fishing off bustard head for an hour or so and hooked into a couple of unstopables and lost lots of expensive rapalas, one after the other. Thursday saw my second attempt at lady Musgrave and thanks to some more favourable conditions the wife was OK and we made it. Only problem was the wife and kids were so in love with snorkling out there (its a very spectacular place) that I only got about an hours fishing in. Still managed a good feed of reefies though. Coming back into 1770 in Total darkness was interesting. Thank god for the GPS tracker or Id be spread all over those rocks.

PS think I need a boys trip up there to really do some fishing roll on the next long weekend !

Megafisk
11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Sorry Flynny - didn't get back to the computer till today (Sunday) - how did you go on Friday - weird forecast of 10-15SE but Thursday night and am it blew 20+ from the north???? Saw heaps of boats go out and quite a few come back early. Thursday was a cracker of a day - glass out near the reefs.

Saturday there were 100's of boats out - trailers along the road back to Agnes!!!

regards
Peter

hey mate awesome pics iam going up for a week on friday coming...got any tips for me vertico has allready helped me out on some marks cheers.

Megafisk
11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
My tip would be if the weather is good head north - look for boats and keep a respectful distance (lots of pros out chasing spaniards - they need to earn their living :) ) and sound around - good ground at the 27km and 40km mark out from 1770.

regards
Peter