PDA

View Full Version : PNG Fishing & Tourism

PNG1M
09-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

Check this site out:

http://www.flyriverecotourism.com/

The site tells you about stuff to do and above all FISHING opportunities in PNG.

It focuses mostly on fishing at SUKI & LAKE MURRAY and there's a few photos as well as information about how to go about booking.

I contributed some stuff during development of this site and took ALL of the Lake Murray photos (except for the one with me in it, holding a bass). And I took a portion the Suki photos as well.

In the Suki section there's a bloke holding a barra. I was with him in the boat that weekend. He was borrowing my gear.

The barra was a 107cm model (his first ever barra) and was caught using a 5' 6" Penn Pinpoint rod & a Penn 965 baitcast reel with Jigman braid and a Rob Gadon Classic Barra 12cm gold/black lure.

In the same vicinity that weekend, we caught quite a few black bass too.
At least three of them were over 90cm. It was one of those times when the river & creek were running dirty so we had to fish the upper reaches amongst the wetland channels & waterholes etc.

WestOzDesertFisher
09-04-2010, 06:44 PM
PNG - a dream destination for me! Definitely on the to-do list. Thanks for that mate.

Fitzy
09-04-2010, 06:53 PM
There is also plenty of PNG info at www.baialodge.com.au (http://www.baialodge.com.au). Dale and Pam have been there a few times, and they're organising a trip hosted by Rod (Harro) Harrison to coincide with the October new moon.

PNG1M
09-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Yes mate..you're most welcome! ...a dream destination, tru. And its definately high on my "to-do-again" list, especially Suki.

That place has so much going for it - just sooo many options, and when the conditions are right you just can't get better.

And from Suki, you can motor an hour or so up the Fly River and you come to the remote of remote Kwima Creek - sensational wetlands..!!!

PNG1M
09-04-2010, 07:09 PM
An interesting thing about Lake Murray and Suki that makes them unique compared with other locations, is that you can catch several species all at the one location...

ie: PNG Black Bass; Barra; Saratoga; those Giant Herring thingys (nuisances); & catfish (luckily not too many of them)