PDA

View Full Version : mooloolaba

jason p
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
whent out the day before good friday, like others to get a feed for easter. after giving a fella a push of his trailer, boat that is, he gave me the heads up to stay alittle closer than the anticipated area 6ml. thanks, as the morning payed off, after three hours of drifting over two spots i managed 6 tuskies 4 sweety 1 pearl 4 bream and a couple of good runs. tuskies ranged from 3 to 4 kg and the biggest sweety 4.5 kg
for a good size comparison thats a 1.25lt coke in the fish box

first photo of this trip
second photo of last thread

jp

joshcarty
07-04-2010, 03:27 PM
hey mate im headin to mooloolaba this saturday for the first time. any chance you could sling me a few general marks. if not thats sweet man. thanks alot. Josh

Angla
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I would think those tuskies would be real sweet on the palate.

Good stuff and a great mixed bag too.

Cheers
Chris

lethal098
07-04-2010, 06:43 PM
are they iodine bream? that one in the first photo sure looks like it. could easily spoil the rest of the catch.
gotta be happy with a bit of colour in the box, well done, cheers Lee

jason p
07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
hi lee yep thats what they are colared sea bream or iodine bream and i think they taste excellent when not affected by the iodine smell, you can usually tell by the smell of the slime coating on the skin if they are bad or not, these ones were caught in close and i have never found a bad 1 yet but have found a few pungent ones out at the banks but thanks.

hi chris i may have said the bream are excellent table fair imo but those tuskies are hard to beat and there's plenty about at the moment,beautiful sweet white flesh for sure.

josh have a sound around out from the blinker try the n nw side you will find lots of little drop off's, sure to pick up a feed if there bitting, morning and arvy is the best.
here's a mark for murphies always bait and a mix here 264015015314190.
tight lines

jp

northbrisbanemullet
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey ya jason how ya been long time no speak. we went out on the sat before cleaned up on the inners. gave up trolling sat ready for the turn of the tide. good tide 630pm high. landed 4 50 cm grasies a coral troute at 55cm snapper and a couple of pearlies, every thing is so much bigger this year and plenty about. hope your ready to bag out on snapper in a month or 2 it is the season for eating fish

-spiro-
07-04-2010, 10:03 PM
good catch jp
those iodine bream mate make better bait than eatting. the tuskies go nuts on there flesh as bait. just my opion

dayoo
08-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Nice bag Jason. Can't wait to get out there on "Alexander" maybe next week.

Cheers
Barry

jason p
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
hay nbm your not wrong, the fish do seem to be of a bigger bread this year at least in close, saves on alot of feul, last trip i only used 15lt were i can use upto 80+ lt some days.
thanks spiro you gave me the heads up for using bream fillets on red throat way back and it worked a treat i will give it a go on the tuskies tomorow as im heading out for another bash while the weather is near perfect.

jp

jason p
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM
nbm you say you caught a trout at the inner, good efort mate i didnt think they would be around that area, that could be due to the fact that i havnt caught 1 yet

jp

northbrisbanemullet
08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah they are there i have caught a few but this was my first legal one. i finaly got to take one home. i will have to learn how to get pics up here i took some good looking fish. We were trolling for a few hours then pulled up on an inner spot i got given nothin special. just fished it like that close in spot high tide on dark. i'll get it to ya. lines about 2m off the bottom for all the fish i caught. That furuno is very sweet took abit to lern how to read it well, but now it is working so well. just slowly feeding my bait just above the fish line. we got some good yellow fin tuna and mac's this year you should see the new toy for the bait board. I got a half inch stainlless tube bent and welded at one end, treaded at the other. deck wash hooks on to it. it goes across the front of the bait board with a heap of holes in it. turn it on stun the tuna up there cut there artery. blood washes away no mess at all in the boat. i'll get some pics up. perfect for cleaning fish