PDA

View Full Version : See this one in the paper

juju
07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for saving my life, now f*** off

o http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/04/05/1225850/109228-andrew-byskov.jpg
ABUSED: Rescuer Andrew Byskov and his mate Shaun Thomas pulled a couple of drunken fisherman from the Adelaide River and got a load of abuse for their trouble. Picture: Brad Fleet Source: The Courier-Mail

TWO drunk fishermen were saved from a croc-infested river after their tinny flipped over only to then hurl a four-letter tirade of abuse at their rescuers.

The men were left helpless in the middle of the Adelaide River - known for the size and number of its crocodiles - after their boat flipped. They were so drunk the driver of the tinny abused his rescuers and is suspected of smashing a car parked at the boat ramp.
Two other fishermen, Andrew Byskov, 29, and Shaun Thomas, 28, came across the small boat upside down in the Adelaide River on a Sunday last month.
Mr Thomas said the boat's driver was struggling to balance himself on top of the tinny while the other man was trapped underneath the boat.
"These guys weren't capable of swimming, let alone driving a boat," he said. "The one guy under the boat had a lure stuck in his calf. In the (drunken) state he was in, he just ended up ripping the lure out."
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar. (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/thanks-for-saving-my-life-now-f-off/story-e6freooo-1225850110749#sidebar-end)

Related Coverage

Amazing picture: Croc rocks the boat (http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/outdoors/crocodile-chases-barramundi-and-almost-lands-in-boat-at-nt-fishing-spot/story-e6frer76-1225839886427)

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar. (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/thanks-for-saving-my-life-now-f-off/story-e6freooo-1225850110749#sidebar-start)

The men's boat capsized about 1km upstream from the popular Goat Island Lodge after they had sped up and taken a sharp turn.
Mr Thomas said the pair spent about 10 minutes in the water before they came along to rescue them.
"They couldn't have spent long in the river but long enough to be eaten," he said.
The rescuers pulled the hapless fishermen to shore before righting their boat then dragging it to the Goat Island Lodge where the engine could be fixed.
The men lost all their belongings, including wallets and fishing gear, and wrecked the motor of the 4.5m dinghy.
Only a few beers were saved during the rescue.
Goat Island Lodge owner Kai Hansen said he gave the driver some tools to repair the motor.
But he said the man started screaming when he was told he couldn't take his beer cans in to the licensed pub.
"You don't need idiots like this on the water," he said. "This guy went off his tree on my boat ramp. He was yelling and screaming at the top of his lungs.
"The bloody boat was rescued. Be grateful!"
Angler Shane Doevy said in an online forum he found his car smashed, $1000 worth of damage, at the same boat ramp after he returned the same afternoon.
He said he believed the damage was caused by the same man.
"It will have to be a life-threatening situation for me to offer my help (because) all people do is poop in your face," he said in the forum.

mouse71
07-04-2010, 10:47 AM
once again the few ruining it for the many
fair dinkum wankers

4x4frog
07-04-2010, 01:53 PM
You'd hope that it was the XXXX or VB talking and not the guys who were rescued's normal persona.

Mindi
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
what can you say ...? bloody slack fat crocs in the Adelaide River I reckon...should get their act together

pog mo hoin
08-04-2010, 07:46 AM
They should have been thrown back, it never ends, the ramping up of un Australian behaviour.

oldboot
08-04-2010, 05:17 PM
The crocks probaly knew if they ate those suckers they would leave a bitter taste in their mouth.

cheers

stevej
08-04-2010, 05:36 PM
who cares if the booze is talking

they already pointed out the fact they are morons by taking it with them in the first place