PDA

View Full Version : Rescheduled Boaties Market 16th May @ 6am

subzero
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi all, just a bit of a heads up on the rescheduled Boaties Market. It will be held on Sunday 16 MAY.

The Fund raising Officer tells me that is a slight change to the start time because the Market is being held a couple of months later than usual. This Boaties Market will be a 6AM start.

Keep your fingers crossed for the weather and again thanks for everyone's support

Cheers Lloyd

subzero
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Oop's, thought I had better include a link with all the details as well

They can be found on the VMR Victoria Point Web Page
http://www.vmr.org.au/upcomingevents.html

;D

subzero
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Just like a woman you have to keep giving it that gentle nudge ;D

Marlin_Mike
08-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Lloyd,

You might want to ask the Bayside Bulleting to do a retraction and print the correct site. In Tuesdays paper they had it on the inside back page as the HIGH School. They should correct that in next weeks paper.

Mike

subzero
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes, I have sent a message to Ted the bloke who has been running it the last couple of years about their typo!
I saw your other post where you were saying that they said it was at the High School which of course it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS BEING HELD AT THE VICTORIA POINT STATE PRIMARY SCHOOL, School Road Entrance.

Thanks for letting us know Mike, I hadn't heard that they had screwed it up until I saw your post...... much appreciated :-)

Cheers
Lloyd

4x4frog
10-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Am going to try to make it along this year for a change.
The Redcliffe market is going to clash with this one.
This is the first year I've seen any promo for the Redcliffe market. Is it a new event?

Chamelion
10-04-2010, 05:18 PM
It's never good when two markets fall on the same day. It splits the customer base down to about 60% (allow for 10% that will go to both)

My family has been involved with markets in one form or another for two decades and the mobs running them seem to keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

4x4frog
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
My question has been answered in the other thread.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=1151163#post1151163

coroboy
11-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi guys,
Just a reminder that the boaties market at Victoria point is on this Sunday. See Subzero start thread for details.