PDA

View Full Version : Jumpinpin Bar Photos Today 5-4-10

Midnight
05-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Gday,
Couple of photos of Jumpinpin Bar from this morning at around 9am. Looked pretty ordinary. Of the 2 gutters that leave the main channel at the end, the best one seemed to be the one closest to the beach from the south, but even it had breaking waves right across it now and again.

Hope these are of some use to those that use the bar.

Cheers,
Myles

gr hilly
05-04-2010, 11:14 AM
midnight fantastic pics,shows the bar so well, and do you know it has'nt changed in 25 yrs hardly great stuff

RAGINGBULL
05-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks Midnight

I will be using the bar this Winter starting shortly in May

Cheers Mark

trueblue
05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
its a tough there life Myles.....................

cool photos mate

drifter78
05-04-2010, 05:13 PM
nice pics midnight. are they from a website or are you flying?

bigjimg
05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
We were there last wednesday on the beach and got some nice flatties on the corner just off the edge of the current on the run out.Looked pretty average from the beach.Jim

Midnight
05-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Gday Drifter,
I took them this morning. If only google earth or some other was updated enough to use for finding gutters in bar crossings.
Cheers,
Myles

drifter78
06-04-2010, 07:53 AM
yeah thats why i asked midnight ,it sure would be great to have that sort of insight the night before a crossing. it d be good if a local see plane or chopper could supply seabreese or coastwatch with these types of photos once or twice a week.

danners
06-04-2010, 11:12 AM
great pics, bit of an eye opener!

cheers
Dan

dreemon
06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Great Pics ! !, we were there at 11am yesterday and looked so different from the boat but the wind picked up and up and up,

Just curious if you know what the laggons north of the bar are like from your veiw, I've got some kids that want to explore the bush area, and on my gps and goggle theres a lagoon just in from slipping sands,

Crazy how this bar hasn't changed in 25 years knowing a shipweak chockers full with grog and TNT was the culprit ;D Cheers

gr hilly
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
yes Dreemon and the were Scottish'they reco'n you cold hear the bang in Brisbane.

hilly

TCSunCoast
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Myles, you know you should have two hands on the wheel don't you?????????????????????

Midnight
08-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Gday Hilly,
No I didn't know it hasn't changed. I grew up boating from Shorncliffe and Cabbage Tree Creek, so have always fished from Days Gutter North and mostly around Moreton Island and off the Cape, and have never been through the Jumpinpin Bar. Sounds like it has an interesting history??

Tony,
The autopilot does a marvelous job, why should I interfere with it;D

Cheers

gr hilly
08-04-2010, 01:14 PM
yes it has to me Tony, ive pulled a few people out of that bar, in the 80s towed a few in to hairy. had to swim to swan bay my self once, lol its bad at night tring to line up a light on the mountains some 20 ks away.however now i have a little tinny i dont go out no more just play in it, some good gts and tailor.
hilly