PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm over this rain !!!

Richard
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Don't know about you guys down south, but up here in Cairns we haven't had a dry day since March 10!

I'm totally over it ! Everything is getting mouldy, haven't been able to mow the grass for at least a week or two and the dogs are getting so depressed that I'm sure if it doesn't stop raining soon, they might do something rash..

Not to mention that it's pretty miserable fishing weather. My boat has forgotten what saltwater feels like. It's getting dusty in the shed and I don't think I can reorganise or categorize my lures any more times before i go completely crazy..

rain rain go away....

Richard

pubgolf
04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Richard im hearing you loud and clear.

This rain is driving me nuts too

I mowed the lawn yesterday between showers of rain with my mates 4 stroke honda and the wet grass made the mower stall lots more than it would have the old two stroke victa, this ignited the old 2 stroke V 4 stroke debate.
The fuel economy of the Honda however was outstanding but at the end of the day who wants to do an oil change on a lawn mower.
After re reading that dribble in the paragraph above i think i might be going crazy never mind the dogs
Cmon Sun where are you

Rod

MackerelMan
04-04-2010, 11:11 AM
yep, fed up to the gills. My kids are starting to wonder if they will ever get to go fishing again. How busy are the ramps going to be on the first good day!!!

spelchek
04-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I feel your pain guys. My yard and basement have finally dried out from the rain we had that stopped a week or so ago. I was copping some stick from a mate in Kuranda during our wet spell about how nice (and dry) it was up there. If you're reading this, rb....suffer in yer jocks! :)

finga
04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Rain?? What rain??
We got 30mm last Wednesday I think it was.
Nothing before that for a coupla weeks.

Marlin_Mike
04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
4 daYS 0f warm sunny no clouds in the sky light winds at YAmba. Got home late last night. What rain??????????????????????

neil_stessco
04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I know what your saying Richard this rain is giving me the sh.ts also.

Neil.

Geoff-
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Don't know about you guys down south, but up here in Cairns we haven't had a dry day since March 10!

I was going to say something in jest but it would be like kicking a wounded dog.. march 10 that's just terrible.

I spose you can always try shagging the missus? Sydney's been better than expected they forecasted rain but it's only been showers and the sun has poked out nicely. Hope it clears up for you - it's got to eventually!!

Richard
04-04-2010, 12:40 PM
We've had about 1.5m (yes metres) of rain this year so far... and looks like we're going to get quite a bit more yet before it peters out for this wet season.

Anyway, I've got sick of lying around home so going to put on the wetsuit, blow up some old truck tyre inner tubes and jump in a creek and cruise down the rapids. If it's not going to go away I might as well make the most of it :)

gr hilly
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM
the weather here in brissy is great but the boat ramps are chockers 22000poeple a week coming to live in qld 6x more boates on the water how many new ramps do we have ?????
hilly

HeadBanger
04-04-2010, 06:26 PM
There hasn't been too much rain here. Just too much wind. I can live with the rain, I'll just fish under a bridge or something. It's the wind that really pisses me off.

Cheers,
Kaidon

caster226
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
comment removed

frank100
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Every thing is damp, the boat I am sure will still float but it's been that long...
Yep like the rest of you Cairns guys enough is enough ! but shaggin the missus seems a tad drastic!
Frank

kevy
05-04-2010, 12:10 PM
a bit tough on the single fellas wouldn,t you say geoff cheers , kevy.

DOGFIGHT
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes starting to get webb feet also, but dont forget....We do have the best fishing grounds in Australia, few more days of this i think, get your boat ready as the weekend will be a corker

Geoff-
05-04-2010, 11:13 PM
dunno about that kevy i'm single! you could always find someone else's missus to shag I guess :)

danners
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
i kinda enjoyed the rain in brissy, it fired up the river mouth real good :D heaps of jewies and snaps after the rain. i feel for you guys and gals up north though

cheers
Dan

mouse71
07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
finally saw the sun this morning, even if it was only a glimpse, wind still cracking through but, hopefully this weekend

Richard
07-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah it's actually not too bad today. Few clouds hanging around but hopefully they'll stay away. Give everything a chance to dry out a bit.

PNG1M
10-04-2010, 02:32 AM
My daughter did some research yesterday for her geography assignment and she found some plateau in the north of Chile that is the driest recorded place on earth in that it hasn't rained there for 400 years. Yep, I found that a bit far fetched too.

On the same token, when I was based in PNG for 3 years with my strive & billy lids, we spent most of our time in the western highlands and the average rainfall there was about 8 metres per year. Apparently in the 1990's at one point it reached 11 metres.

Statistically it rained an average of 330 days of the year. Not necessarily all day every day but at least part of the day. So our fishing trips down to Suki, in the south Fly were like a godsend.

Then we went from PNG to the bloody UAE and the first day here we got caught in a sand storm of all things (true)... desert/camels/arabs/dates you name it, but stuff all fishing!

Its like a dry argument... just as well you can get beers here (even Crownies at 40 bucks a case!)

This July/August I'll be loosening up the Spit & the Sand Pumping Jetty on the Gold Coast, and Biggera Creek too - can't wait! I just hope it aint piss'n down with rain this winter...

redjetskirider
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Lads look at it lik this, it's the big wet before the big dry..... Great fishing is just around the corner....

mouse71
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM
problem is, it's not a big wet, just a lot of rainy days, coming good now