PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Mods

bigmack
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Guys - is it a major drama to modify a bimini that is both too high and encroaches too far into the workable cockpit area? Any experience or is it too hard and you need to start again.

As an example the side stays of the arrangement come too far back and would prevent you from working a serious fish to the side of the boat wher you would logically gaff or work with two people. People that do these things dont think about swing rods around and fishing in general.

Thanks in advance
phill

shano
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
yep pretty easy! a DIY way is for the height problem cut the tube then cut out how much you need it shortend by, then use a broom handle cut 100mm off it grind it down so it fits inside the tube tightly,(hammer in is good) then drill a hole through the pipe and into the wood and pop a rivet into it! pretty easy fiX.

Dignity
01-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I know an alum and SS welder on the sunshine coast who will do it at a very reasonable price. The first time he charged me about the price of a carton of beer (I gave hime more plus some beer) and this was after he opened the shop on a sunday just to do my work. PM me if the locale it suits.

sheridan
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Phill how about a photo, if you have to shorten the height measure the length you want cut off from one end , then get a new end fitting from BCF or whitworths i made my own bimini all tubing and fittings available at whitworths and cheap.

Geoff

bigmack
03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
thanks guys for the suggestions - all appreciated.

Cheers