PDA

View Full Version : Best Furuno Sounder

NEWBY
31-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Righto, I need some advice and help here.
As the LOWRANCE HDS 10 crap looks like it will be coming out of my boat, I will be replacing it with Furuno I would think.
So, what is the best Furuno available with the biggest screen?
Minimum 1kw
Min10" screen I would think. Eyes are not what they used to be :'(

peterbo3
31-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi Dave,
A mate in Bunbury has a 1100 (out of production) with a 2KW transducer on a big Seafarer. He chases Dhufish in deep water & has sent me the odd screen shot. Looks really impressive.
The replacement is the 1150 which has a 12" screen. Not sure if the 1150 is designed for flybridge mounting (waterproof?) but a Furuno dealer should know.
If there is no dealer in Gladstone or Bundy, Trymax here in Brisbane have a good reputation.
Hope you get a quick result with Navico. See you at the M&G.

siegfried
31-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Fcv295 if2-3kw, 585 if 1kw. 585 is 8 inch but if ya cant see it 295 or 1150. Iam upgrading to 295 with 3kw for deep bottom fishing as to run on 38 khz but if only using 1 kw IMO it is a bit of a waste as the head unit is expensive..unit coming from blue heron marine in Seppoland..cheeep . Hope you get a win over Navico Newb

Smithy
31-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Yep 1150 1st preference then a 295 and if you really have to and funds are running out a 585 but it is only an 8".

Greg P
31-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Doesnt get any better. Get rid of everything (radar etc) and go Furuno Navnet

http://www.navnet.com/lineup_specs/recommended_system/index.html

The new Raymarine touch systems look good too but not sure how long Raymarine will be around (if they havent been purchased already).

They will all use the same Airmar transducers. What are you going to do if you replace all the Lowrance but the issue still remains?

NEWBY
31-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Doesnt get any better. Get rid of everything (radar etc) and go Furuno Navnet.

http://www.navnet.com/lineup_specs/recommended_system/index.html

The new Raymarine touch systems look good too but not sure how long Raymarine will be around (if they havent been purchased already).

They will all use the same Airmar transducers. What are you going to do if you replace all the Lowrance but the issue still remains?

Navnet was the other system I looked at...Expensive but bloody good. Not worth the expense though now as I am selling the old girl this year. (After the Northern Marlin season) I need a bigger boat now as the family has all growed up... In fact my wife is about to become the shortest person in the family... I have spent over 200k on her now over and above what I paid for her. Never get it back...Dont care...lol...

The Raymarine has been recommended by someone else who's word I respect and I will look at it.

If it is all still crap after replacement, time to sink the boat....lmao....
Mate dunno.... Ask me if it happens.

NEWBY
31-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks Boys..... I will have a search on line and see what is the go.
Appreciate the advice.....
Apparently you can see plankton having a crap at 300mtrs with the Furuno????
I'd like to see that.

Pazz01
01-04-2010, 05:12 AM
When we bought our furuno they really tried to convince us to get a raymarine. I've only heard good reports about them and furuno. I think if you went for either one you'd be right.

Pazz

OPTI
01-04-2010, 06:05 PM
get the 1100 l ,its a better fish finder than the 1150 imop

Midnight
02-04-2010, 09:52 PM
my 2 cents,
Go the Furuno in any of the numbers mentioned. They have knobs that are easily tweeked for gain, range, screen modes etc. The Raymarine involves menus and button pressing and are a pain in the arse, especially when it is rough (or your co-ordination is low due to sherbet intake:o )

Good luck with it Newby.

Cheers,
Myles

Smithy
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
The Raymarines rely too much on auto crap and it is hard to turn all that auto crap off as even when you think you have turned it off the bloody unit keeps adjusting stuff on you. That is my experience with the C and E series machines anyway. Furuno on the otherhand have got the auto settings just right. I run my 585 on auto fishing gain and the Japanese Furuno guys have got the amount of power just right for what I do.

siegfried
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
The Raymarines rely too much on auto crap and it is hard to turn all that auto crap off as even when you think you have turned it off the bloody unit keeps adjusting stuff on you. That is my experience with the C and E series machines anyway. Furuno on the otherhand have got the auto settings just right. I run my 585 on auto fishing gain and the Japanese Furuno guys have got the amount of power just right for what I do.
Yep ,you gotta be Bill Gates to use ramarine stuff

goanna1
08-04-2010, 06:27 AM
I have got fcv 620 (6" screen ) number are enormous you can see them for miles.

Goanna