PDA

View Full Version : my custom boat is not to be

smashed crabs
30-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi all
I posted a few line's on another chaps thread a little while back on how i was still waiting for my new custom boat and trailer to be completed, i kinda had the deep down gut feeling that i was having the wool pulled over my eyes, this boat was suppose to take no longer than 6weeks to build , and i have paid for the boat in full ,i made the order back in the start of November last year.

Today after much mucking around i was suppose to pick her up today , instead i got a phone call from the builder saying that he went bankrupt today , no boat and no money all gone .

Well i guess i don't have to sit around and wonder where my new boat is anymore, there isn't one , it took me and my wife 6years to save the money to have this custom boat built and 6months.

I will post the boat manufacturing company in days to come.
In negotiations to try and retreive what has been built so far but it is looking that i wont even get that , apparently the banks have first bite of the cherry

Please do not ask me any questions as i may not reply and i do not want to offend by not replying, I have a massive gut ache right now and just needed to tell someone

SC

scottishguy
30-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I am very sorry to hear that mate.

Pazz01
30-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Sorry to here that mate. I really feel for people like you who put all their hard earned cash into something only to be ripped off by some dodgy people. It's very disappointing.

I honestly don't know how some people lay straight in bed at night accepting people's money and knowing well and truely that they will not be delievering the product that someone has saved money for.

These people should be hung out to dry. I hope you are able to get something back.

Make sure you put a claim in. Hopefully you can get what has been started of the hull.

Pazz

DHM77
30-03-2010, 04:30 PM
SC,
That is dreadful news. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your wife and I sincerely hope that you get something back out of the bankruptcy process that the company will have to go through. It is an unfair system when individuals are penalised finacially due to a company failure.
The very besty of luck with it.
Dave

Dantren
30-03-2010, 04:31 PM
SC, mate I'm so sorry to hear that this can sort of debacle can happen.
I'm interested to know what contracts/progress payments were implemented.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will bounce back......

Dan

charleville
30-03-2010, 04:34 PM
That is terrible to hear.

Many thanks for the courtesy of letting everyone know of your experience. Irrespective of the boat builder's name, awareness of your experience will be helpful to many people who might be contemplating entering into a similar deal.

Nonetheless, I am very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

FNQCairns
30-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Was it the trestle punt you mentioned on here SC?, best of luck in the process to come. After a 6 month wait for a 6 week boat you owe no one anything.

cheers fnq

Angla
30-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Mate I have been through the decisions and waiting periods and even the "It's not ready for another 4 weeks" but then I got my long awaited prize.

I really feel for you and your wife as it must be gut wrenching to hear the news that you did not want to hear.

Please keep us informed so that others may also become wary of what to look for in the future

Cheers
Chris

cormorant
30-03-2010, 05:26 PM
terrible news, horrible experience

Get good advice now - don't wait

If you have any reciepts which have hull or engine numbers, Vin , serial numbers of all accessories fitted etc that can identify the product you were paying for you may have a chance of recovery before the banks.

That really sucks - there has to be a way to communicate with people getting boats built the risk of paying and not securing the assett and I hoped after the Fisher shamozzle a few better ideas would surface. Only one seemed to be to have a number welded into teh keel and all payments then relate to that number and progress you own. If it was under finance was the hull secured by the finance company as progress payments were made? What does your written contract say ? Was it insured as you made progress payments? Any via credit card - can you reverse them?

Can you gain posession of the boat ? Trailer?

Hope you can recover from this and possibly recover your boat
Best of luck as it won't be simple

PS Speak direct with the guys that had the Fisher isssues as they will have a soliciter already clued up on the best line of attack rather than training a new one.

siegfried
30-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Very sorry for you all, there are some real dead $hits out there

boatboy50
30-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey,

If the owner has declared bankruptcy and told you in person, please post the company name.

This may help some other poor soul who is ready to give money or has something also tied up with them and was not made aware of the current situation.

This seems to be the problem with dealing direct with the builder. If going through a dealer you may have some more rights.

Darren

krazyfisher
30-03-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah feel for you

Jabiru658
30-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree, name and shame!

I'd post not only the company name and address but also the name of the owner(s).

I can't begin to imagine how you feel, a life time dreaming down the toilet :(

lee8sec
30-03-2010, 07:44 PM
SC, sorry to here about been ripped off. Leigh

Daisy Burnett
30-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Mate so very sorry to hear. Keep your chin up and get good advise right now.

Daisy

gr hilly
30-03-2010, 08:56 PM
it happened to me 23 yrs ago i understand your pain mate this makes me sick to hear it brings it all back i am so sorry for you and your family.

cheers glynn

odes20
30-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm speechless! Don't even know you mate and your family but really upset that here again is manfest in our laws a massive flaw, in that someone can hold your cash for ages full knowing that they won't deliver. Its fraud and its criminal.

Ive seen it before but thank God not experienced it.
John

bama79
30-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Name and shame the piece of sh*t

AnthonyL
30-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh geez I feel for you, how terrible... I dont know how some people sleep at night, actually I think quite well cos they have YOUR money and have already hidden it & dont have to worry about paying off THEIR debts.

I got ripped off when Mr T's went bankrupt and that was only $2000 so small amount compared to yours, but it sucks when they know they are going under when they happily take your money.

Axl
31-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I am sorry to here that smashed crabs I feel for you.

MyEscape
31-03-2010, 05:48 AM
A leason for all. There's no way any boat builder should be paid for all of the boat before it is delivered.

A healthy deposit, yes, but only full payment when it is delivered. If it's a decent business it should be able to carry the cost of the build during the course of construction.

Steve

pog mo hoin
31-03-2010, 08:13 AM
It just makes me angry, all this ripping people off of their hard earned, I mean what's the matter with these people, they obviously couldnt run a bath let alone a business, What do their accountants etc get paid for. It just seems to be an endless list of these Piss Poor business operators. I feel for you and your family, and as said above "NAME AND SHAME"

sagair
31-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Cheers S.C. Bad news mate, really feel for you ,misses and the young ones. Really makes me wonder how the ba$tard$ sleep at night, obviously money is their god. I have seen this regularly in the building game and the laws seem to be a hang over from the early years to protect the money man. He will probably start up again somewhere in 6 months time and do the same again. Best regards

STUIE63
31-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Smashed can you please pm the pricks name if you won't publicly name and shame
Stuie

TJ Bear
31-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Really sorry to hear your story and makes me feel sick, a lesson though for others never ever ever pay any more than 20% before the boat is delivered. Does not matter if its custom build or from a yard that is waiting for your boat to come from one of the big manafacturers. If they wont accept this go somewhere else. Seen so many people burnt and its not just trailer boats but also 40 and 50ft boats where people have lost progress payment totaling 100's of thousands of dollars.

Lovey80
31-03-2010, 08:59 AM
That's not good mate. If your boat had a vin number on it and any reciepts relating to that vin you should be right. Anyone dealing with a builder should demand this
very early on in the build. All progress payments after that are related to a boat you own. That way creditors can't touch it.

Cheers

Chris

timddo
31-03-2010, 09:04 AM
The problem is the bankrupcy Laws. You can declare bankrupt so easily.

I had a colleage who didn't want to pay a few loans out. Personnel loan and a few big creditors . Declared bankrupcy. No more to pay. From that day i looked down on that person.

But then, that person brought a new car, boat. ( all under someone elses name).

Now do you call that fair.

Jarrah Jack
31-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Hello there Smashed Crabs and Family.....Very sorry to hear about that total ripoff. Thanks for letting us know as I'm sure its not easy....You have some friends here even if we haven't met you. I feel for your loss and wish I lived nearby so that I could take you's fishing or something.

All the best to you all.

Terry

Scott nthQld
31-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Sc that really sucks man, and I really do hope you get atleast something for your troubles, even if its only as little as 20min alone with the prick who ripped you off.

Everyone else, I don't know SC or speak for him, but lay off on the 'name and shame' requests please, he said we would at the beginning, and is probably seeking advice on not only his options with the 'boat', but probably any consequences of naming and shaming, so please for the sake of SC, and others who might want to keep tabs on this thread, be patient

ashh
31-03-2010, 01:17 PM
That is disgraceful.
What a low life theif piece of sh!t waste of space this person must be....
I really do hope something comes good out of it for you mate

trueblue
31-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Sc that really sucks man, and I really do hope you get atleast something for your troubles, even if its only as little as 20min alone with the prick who ripped you off.

Everyone else, I don't know SC or speak for him, but lay off on the 'name and shame' requests please, he said we would at the beginning, and is probably seeking advice on not only his options with the 'boat', but probably any consequences of naming and shaming, so please for the sake of SC, and others who might want to keep tabs on this thread, be patient

agreed, people should probably hang back on naming and shaming until all likelihood of retrieving what is his has been extinguished

Ross_685
31-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Thats some pretty hard luck mate.

I hope it all gets sorted ASAP and that you get what you paid for.

Im very suprised to hear how many people pay for a boat in full before they receive it????

sagair
31-03-2010, 05:15 PM

Cheers Scott, This is good advise as I am sure he is worried about other people not just himself. Time and place for everything. Regards

Getout
31-03-2010, 05:48 PM
A leason for all. There's no way any boat builder should be paid for all of the boat before it is delivered.

A healthy deposit, yes, but only full payment when it is delivered. If it's a decent business it should be able to carry the cost of the build during the course of construction.

Steve

Sadly, I must agree here. If a boat builder cannot afford to carry the cost of materials to build you a trailer boat, then he is not running a viable business.
Sure, in the case of custom builds, a substantial deposit is necessary, but if the builder commisions a build contract, he must have the decency and professional accumen to back the product he is building.
Buying boats from low-volume builders who require progress payments is fraught with danger.
Stick to reputable brands. They don't become reputable by good luck.

marto78
31-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Mate thats f@$#%d. We had the same thing happen to us a few years back with one of the retailers going belly up, as soon as we heard we were around there the next morning when the removalists were taken everything out and grabbed what we could and threw it in the back of the vans. Remember possession is 9/10's of the law especially in something like this.

ozassassin
01-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news mate that sucks big time.
It would be nice to think you might get something back for your troubles, but as we all know there are never any winners in a situation like this only the banks then they put up fees to recoup the rest.

Chooksy
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Mate, that's not good news, I hope you and your family get through this with a win over the boat builder.

smashed crabs
01-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone

First i would like to say thankyou all very much for your support and words ,there was alot of things i should have concidered before i jumped into the project , with anything it pays not to by on emotion but we tend to do it because realy at the end of the day we are all searching for that happy feeling the gee wizz look at me and im so proud of my boat happy feeling. Sit down and think ,when you buy something many of us do and always will buy a boat based on our own emotions , at the end of the day we want to escape the hussle and bussle of our every day lives and a boat will make you very happy , well at least for me anyway, we love boats so it was very easy for us to jump straight in .

After much thought i will not name and shame the builder , i have been on the phone to him over the last few days and have managed to secure receipt of the completed hull but with no trailer and no cab , this is a start , at least i do have something .
I will not name and shame the bloke, he does have a wife and 4 kids and i do not want to cause any problems to their little one's.It will be hard enough for them now without me throwing more shit at the fan.

Yes i am very disappointed and totally disgusted towards the whole affair but im not a revengefull person but having said that a few days ago i wanted to belt the piss and pick out of him, he really screwed us over by robbing Peter and paying Paul .

I do have some of the details as to why he went bust(another partner) but i do not have the full storey as yet , for all i know he is a good bloke thats tried very hard but failed , so im going to give him the benifit of the dout and more so for his kids.

The reason for this is because my dad went bankrupt along time ago and he was a top bloke , my uncle went bankrupt some years later and he is also a top bloke.
Both my dad and uncle bent over backwards to do a great job for what they provided , they went bust because of shady business partners and both my dad and uncle paid the price and where reduced to nothing over night and never reformed again because of it but the partners who shafted them reformed within a year , at that time i can remember as a kid growing up i had everthing i wanted and then nothing overnight, my dad lost the will to do anything after he went bankrupt ,My self and my two sisters went and mowed lawns and did odd jobs after school, just so we could eat .Then the worst thing happend we ended up living in a tent on the Mitchel river up behind Mount Carbine for a year duffing cattel to eat and catching fish(it was free). Those times where very tuff on us kids back then , shit i have tears in my eyes just telling you guys this stuff. We had an old gal water tank cut in half with a fire box under it to heat the water for a bath, we had to ride a bike 10km each day to the mount carbine pub to catch the school bus to mount molloy, bottom line is dad went bust but he was not a bad person in anyway so i will not do anything foolish and revengefull toward the bloke that robbed us by naming and shaming.

At this time i realy dont know what else to say , still in shock and it is a nightmare that still has not ended .
Thanks again you guys for your words and thanks, will keep you posted as to wether i can lay my hands on the hull shortly, i have the papers for ownership payed in full so lets just hope the banks don't think otherwise. I have been told banks take the first bite but i hope they cant touch it, FINGERS CROSSED!

Sorry for writting alot of words with such drama but all i can be is open and honest

Kindest Regards
SC

STUIE63
01-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Smashed all the best mate it looks like good news you can get the hull at least
Stuie

davo74
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Mate , you are a better man than most ( or maybe a bigger heart). I don't know that i could be like that if someone did that to me. All the best and hope you have a win.

Chris Ryan
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Gutted - absolutely gutted in reading this and I can't imagine how your feel. Good luck in getting some money back - can the Office of Fair Trading help?

Pazz01
01-04-2010, 12:22 PM
All the best SC, hopefully it alll works out well for you.

Something is better than nothing.

Pazz

Scott nthQld
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
SC, like others have said it appears you are a better man than most, i know for sure I would def not have the restraint you have shown, but i guess that comes with having empathy for the bloke, other may say they know what you and he are going through, but without having lived it themselves, they truly have no idea, myself included.

My sympathies to you and your family, and hopefully the loss of all that coin doesn't have too big an impact. I really do hope that you at least get you hull, after all it has been paid for, if you do, i know a bloke in Tsv who is an extremely good alloy welder, very experienced using both MIG and TIG, who might be able to lend a hand finishing what should've been

Daisy Burnett
01-04-2010, 02:34 PM
SC
You're a bigger man than me Ghunga Din. Showing that amount of kindness and understanding in the time of your own grief speakes volumes of your moral character. I am sure a man of your character and determination will come through this. Good Luck mate.

Daisy

White Pointer
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone

First i would like to say thankyou all very much for your support and words ,there was alot of things i should have concidered before i jumped into the project , with anything it pays not to by on emotion but we tend to do it because realy at the end of the day we are all searching for that happy feeling the gee wizz look at me and im so proud of my boat happy feeling. Sit down and think ,when you buy something many of us do and always will buy a boat based on our own emotions , at the end of the day we want to escape the hussle and bussle of our every day lives and a boat will make you very happy , well at least for me anyway, we love boats so it was very easy for us to jump straight in .

After much thought i will not name and shame the builder , i have been on the phone to him over the last few days and have managed to secure receipt of the completed hull but with no trailer and no cab , this is a start , at least i do have something .
I will not name and shame the bloke, he does have a wife and 4 kids and i do not want to cause any problems to their little one's.It will be hard enough for them now without me throwing more shit at the fan.

Yes i am very disappointed and totally disgusted towards the whole affair but im not a revengefull person but having said that a few days ago i wanted to belt the piss and pick out of him, he really screwed us over by robbing Peter and paying Paul .

I do have some of the details as to why he went bust(another partner) but i do not have the full storey as yet , for all i know he is a good bloke thats tried very hard but failed , so im going to give him the benifit of the dout and more so for his kids.

The reason for this is because my dad went bankrupt along time ago and he was a top bloke , my uncle went bankrupt some years later and he is also a top bloke.
Both my dad and uncle bent over backwards to do a great job for what they provided , they went bust because of shady business partners and both my dad and uncle paid the price and where reduced to nothing over night and never reformed again because of it but the partners who shafted them reformed within a year , at that time i can remember as a kid growing up i had everthing i wanted and then nothing overnight, my dad lost the will to do anything after he went bankrupt ,My self and my two sisters went and mowed lawns and did odd jobs after school, just so we could eat .Then the worst thing happend we ended up living in a tent on the Mitchel river up behind Mount Carbine for a year duffing cattel to eat and catching fish(it was free). Those times where very tuff on us kids back then , shit i have tears in my eyes just telling you guys this stuff. We had an old gal water tank cut in half with a fire box under it to heat the water for a bath, we had to ride a bike 10km each day to the mount carbine pub to catch the school bus to mount molloy, bottom line is dad went bust but he was not a bad person in anyway so i will not do anything foolish and revengefull toward the bloke that robbed us by naming and shaming.

At this time i realy dont know what else to say , still in shock and it is a nightmare that still has not ended .
Thanks again you guys for your words and thanks, will keep you posted as to wether i can lay my hands on the hull shortly, i have the papers for ownership payed in full so lets just hope the banks don't think otherwise. I have been told banks take the first bite but i hope they cant touch it, FINGERS CROSSED!

Sorry for writting alot of words with such drama but all i can be is open and honest

Kindest Regards
SC

G'day,

May I congratulate you on your approach to this.

You have a pretty good chance of owning your hull. I say this on the basis of the wash up of Fisher where legal opinion said that the hull owners owned a hull with a HIN on it if they had made the progress payments. And that's what happened.

I recommend that you take possession ASAP - by any means legally available.

After that is the problem of who will finish the boat - but one step at a time. Get the hull.

Regards,

White Pointer

Lovey80
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Certainly much bigger person than me mate. The act of robbing Peter to pay Paul is still a low act. At the end of the day he took your cash on a whim that maybe he could finish your boat. That in itself would be enough to get violent. Your life has certainly given you some serious fuse length.

Hope all works out for the best mate.

About bloody time this industry had some serious regulation to protect the general public. Enough is enough!

Cheers
Chris

Steeler
01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi SC

Yep you are truly a bigger and better person than i will ever be,i reckon i would have had the knee cappers in with no second thoughts.

Steeler

Tailortaker
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
I hope that your good nature is rewarded and things turn out for the best in the future. Your approach is very admirable, I only wish that more of us could be more like you.
Cheers, TT

Horse
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
If there is a shonky boatbuilder out there why not name him so he does not rip anyone else off.

Then again you must not be too worried about it all as you were after a new boat anyway
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=162578

smashed crabs
02-04-2010, 07:36 PM
If there is a shonky boatbuilder out there why not name him so he does not rip anyone else off.

Then again you must not be too worried about it all as you were after a new boat anyway

My blood is at boiling point right now mate , the boat that was getting built was a house boat for sheltered waters you dick and as for your question piss off if you cant read

SC

darkside
02-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Clearly I am slow on the up take.

Is it because he chose a new boat, you assume the pain is some how lessened when he does not receive his goods?

If he bought 2nd hand would you have been more sympathetic?

Sorry but you are going to have to explain that one to me!

Or is it a case of Schadenfreude, as I said, I must be slow because I cant work out your comment?

smashed crabs
02-04-2010, 08:33 PM
This is one of my rough sketches of how it was kinda going to look , 5degree deadrise , 7.6m x 2.5 x 960mm sides

SC

Horse
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry about that. It just seemed strange to be posting two very different things on the same day. I can understand why you are not naming the builder as it would be a one off fabrication job not one of the standard jobs. I hope you get back whats owing to you

Good luck with it

smashed crabs
02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Sorry about that. It just seemed strange to be posting two very different things on the same day. I can understand why you are not naming the builder as it would be a one off fabrication job not one of the standard jobs. I hope you get back whats owing to you

Good luck with it

Got the dreadfull news not long after i had put that thread up , apology accepted , im sorry i didn't mean to call you a dick .

As i have said i will not drop names , i want what i can get and that is that, i want this to be over and done with , collect my hull if i can and then count my losses.

If i knew there was a chance where someone else could get done from that day i would have posted the name , without any hesitatation whatsoever.
The facts are the doors are closed and they have been locked out.

I really do appreciate all the comments and suggestions and even the questions.
I even like the post about the baseball bat and i can say i did have visions about swinging it myself but at the end of the day there is always two side to every story.

Who am i to judge a person , i know that i have been right royaly shafted but i do not know the full set of circumstances to which he failed so therefore i cannot justify any action that may be very damaging towards him and when i say him i also mean his family.

At the end of the day we still have a roof over our heads and food in the fridge and that sure beats living in a tent , i hate to think how he is doing right now and what about his wife and kids ?

Im learning lessons here by starting this thread , things i wish i knew or had of thought of myself but in turn there are lessons here you guys can take away with you ,these are lessons for you that have come at my exspense.

Lots of you have ask questions and i will get back to you , i have been writting down very valid points that many of you have posted , and im just really kicking myself over it, i intend to bundle your post and then add what i did that landed me in my current situation and then post it. Please give me time to do so.

For anyone else if you find a post that has been placed in this thread usefull can you please thank the post for me so i can bundle it.

If anyone else has a suggestion to safe guard the prospective buyer could you please post it.

I really want something positive to come out of my misfortune and it will give me something to do rather than sitting around looking at boats all day on the net, im trying so hard to keep my chin up

Kind Regards
SC

Ps Thanks to you that have posted such kind words, My wife and i realy cant thank you enough for your support , we are truly greatfull

geoffmck
03-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Great attitude mate, many could learn from your approach. At the end of the day it sounds like he took a risk with your money, but he was probably hoping to finish the boat and deliver what was promised. I hope it works out for you.

Jarrah Jack
03-04-2010, 08:13 AM
As White Pointer pointed out it is now a matter of SM getting his hull , which he has paid for, from the receivers or whoever has got the key to the lock.

I'm wondering how best he could go about getting it. Has anyone else been through a similiar situation and can give SM a few pointers. When it comes to battling banks life can get very difficult for us small fish

You said that you got a receipt from the builder SM did he also give you a receipt for any materials to complete the boat that you may now own as well??

Have you had any contact with the receivers yet SM?

smashed crabs
03-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Good morning

I actually managed to have a desent sleep last night, so it's much easier to think .

Does anyone out there close to me or in Ingham have a big enough trailer i can use to go get the hull? i have searched the hire companies up here and no one has a trailer big enough. The hull is 7.6m overall lenght by 2.5meters wide , even though it is quite large it does not weigh much. As for anything in life i do not exspect a free ride and will pay and take out any insurance needed, the only type of trailer i can think of that would come close to doing the job would be a large cat trailer or even an over lenght car trailer as long as it has fully constructed RHS side rails running the full lenght of the trailer so the hull cant damage the gaurds of the trailer.The hull can even be placed on two sets of pallets in the middle of trailer and then layed upside down and then tied down safely clearing all part of the trailer that could get damge by resting. If anyone out there does have a trailer that could do it , all i can offer is payment for the use and a place to stay if you ever wanted to come to Ingham to go fish the channel, you can put up a tent or place a caravan any where on my block and your welcome to use the shower and dunny , spare fridge and bbq, chair and tables and power , there is over an acre here to camp on .

I will find out soon if i can pick the hull up , so im doing the home work in advance to be ready for the go ahead, putting the hull on a Semi doing a back load isnt an option , handling of the hull is a concern for me , got a rough price so far of $2,800 plus, i want to pick up the hull myself so i can meet the builder face to face.

Kind Regards

SC

Steeler
03-04-2010, 10:30 AM
HI SC

Do hope someone up your way can lend a hand and if so be sure to give them a mention as i am pretty sure we would all like to duly thank them also.

Steeler

cormorant
03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Tilt tray to truck on tyres and a couple of pallets . Shop should still have gantry or forklift there and at your place you can slide it off onto a fer tyres. Don't let it get strapped too hard either depending what structural stuff has been done.

Either that or look for a truck with a hiab as there won't be a lot of weight in it .

Whatever it costs get it out of that shop so at least you have something that may be salvageable.- take photos and a witness as I have seen people accused of theft when collecting goods in these situations as "other stuff" goes missing. All fittings and extra alloy get what you can if you have paid fpr them .

Don't sign release ( unless advised by soliciter and you are guaranteed ownership , indemnity etc - administrater can have deals reversed if done not in favour of the bankrupt) as some "bankrupts" are found out to have cash and you may get something - yeah I believe in fairies as well but ................

Good luck

Jarrah Jack
03-04-2010, 11:20 AM
You could also try the local earthmoving companies, those low loaders that carry the 20 ton excavators would be able to handle it.

Also house movers are good at moving house boats, jacking things up and maneauvering them onto a tray. (bet that spellings wrong)

sagair
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Cheers S.C, Seems like a small speck of light at the end of the tunnel, here is hoping anyway. Maybe if you approached a couple of the trucking mobs that cart fibreglass swimming pools or tanks you may get a price that is acceptable. There is obviously not a lot of weight but it is a bit long for a car trailer unless you were able to locate a longer trailer. I remember last time I put a HJ75 [5.4 meters long] on a car trailer the back was overhanging. If I can help in anyway PM me. Best regards.

Lbudgie
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
try a car tow truck. a flat bed one. they have winches, and some of them can get quite low. most of it should fit on.
good luck,
at least your getting something back. better than most in the same situation.

smashed crabs
04-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Photo of the hull , me thinks im still dreaming

SC

sagair
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Hope you get it soon S.C. It would be a hard job sitting on that when finished8-) up the Hinchinbrook Channel LOL, coldie in one hand and a line in the other, full moon etc.8-) Any chance I can hire it one weekend LOL???? regards;D

trilogy
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Mate
to move the boat my suggestion would be to see one of the container delivery/rental mobs they use a tilt flat bed should be OK on tyres or timber runners, or ATCO type demountable huts trucks ,with crane.

Scott nthQld
04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
SC, Any flatbed truck with a hiab will be able to do the job, most have a tray around the 7-8m mark and will be wide enough to take the beam of your hull. Siting it on some timbers running length ways will be the best way to strap it down.

You'll probably be up for around 100-150/hr min 3 hours for one of these blokes though, where does it need to be transported from and to?

MyEscape
05-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Smashed Crabs

I hate to state the obvious but that hull hasn't had a lot of work on it. Particularly if they actually started in November. Work has only just begun.

How well did you know the builder before you paid him in full?

I don't think I could have waited that long before wanting to visit the workshop and have a look to see the progress of the job.

Steve

smashed crabs
05-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Smashed Crabs

I hate to state the obvious but that hull hasn't had a lot of work on it. Particularly if they actually started in November. Work has only just begun.

How well did you know the builder before you paid him in full?

I don't think I could have waited that long before wanting to visit the workshop and have a look to see the progress of the job.

Steve

Long story Steve , the type of story you need to be tuck into the blankets by mum to hear.
Part of the problem for me is i worked in Exploration at the start of build , i was in the bush min of 1 to 2 months , then have a 5 day break then back to the bush again. list goes on mate but as i have said in my post i will make sure everyone gets all the facts in time .

Im a fool is a good start

SC

bushbeachboy
05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
SC, last year I had my small truck towed on a tilt tray from Giru to Townsville by ABC Towing. Cost $330.00. The tow truck was a bogie drive heavy rigid type. On the way home the driver told me that they often do runs to Karumba(from memory) and to places on the Tableland. It might be possible to arrange something decently priced if they are running back to Townsville empty. The tow truck itself is about 2.5 metres wide, and as for length it took my little truck with a good couple of metres to spare. Without measuring it, I'd say my truck is about 6 metres long as it has a fairly long tray, so you might not have too much difficulty fitting your hull on. They also quoted me a price over the phone for the tow.

Cheers mate. I hope things improve for you.

smashed crabs
05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
SC, last year I had my small truck towed on a tilt tray from Giru to Townsville by ABC Towing. Cost $330.00. The tow truck was a bogie drive heavy rigid type. On the way home the driver told me that they often do runs to Karumba(from memory) and to places on the Tableland. It might be possible to arrange something decently priced if they are running back to Townsville empty. The tow truck itself is about 2.5 metres wide, and as for length it took my little truck with a good couple of metres to spare. Without measuring it, I'd say my truck is about 6 metres long as it has a fairly long tray, so you might not have too much difficulty fitting your hull on. They also quoted me a price over the phone for the tow.

Cheers mate. I hope things improve for you.

Thanks mate but i have an over 2000km one way haul , have been looking around for a caravan to build a flat bed trailer from but with no luck just yet , pricing steel and running gear to build a haul trailer for it seems to be a far cheaper option , might be able to knock one up in 2days for around 2grand depending on running gear i use and here i was thinking i will never have to build a trailers ever again, as soon as the shops are open i will be onto it for steel prices an running gear , been a while since i built trailers so i hope the prices arnt to bad

Thanks for the input people but building my own trailer at this stage seems to be the better option , just with haulage costs it seems that logic dictates that i build a trailer, im going to need one anyway.

cheers
SC

cormorant
05-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Forget the 2000km

Drag it to ay local yard to take posession of it before some mind changes and you can't access it. Secure your assett.

Then with time you can plan, it's finishing where it is , ot trailer build where it is , or transport frame for any semi and forklift to load or build your own and go collect . One hell of a long round trip.

Still hope this all works out for you

MyEscape
05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
SC

Yes, fair enough comment from you. Everyone's situation is different and me telling you I couldn't wait that long etc is only from my point of view and in my situation.

Good luck with it.

Steve

aquatic
07-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Cant see photo of hull.... Sure I saw it there earlier?

firstlight
07-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks mate but i have an over 2000km one way haul , have been looking around for a caravan to build a flat bed trailer from but with no luck just yet , pricing steel and running gear to build a haul trailer for it seems to be a far cheaper option , might be able to knock one up in 2days for around 2grand depending on running gear i use and here i was thinking i will never have to build a trailers ever again, as soon as the shops are open i will be onto it for steel prices an running gear , been a while since i built trailers so i hope the prices arnt to bad

Thanks for the input people but building my own trailer at this stage seems to be the better option , just with haulage costs it seems that logic dictates that i build a trailer, im going to need one anyway.

cheers
SC

Hi SC,

I have a couple of mates in Ingham that fish hinchinbrook but also own bigger boats as well. We have chatted about this and maybe you could use one of the trailers that suits (works...lol), remove the slides/ rollers and use timber bearer's to load your boat, trip down and just pick up your hull, besides you just never know what could happen out back of a cane farmers shed... lol

Hope this helps mate and pm me anytime

Cheers
Brett

hakuna
08-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Be carefull in what you are doing and make sure you discuss with your solicitor first.
Even if you remove it, and get posssession of it as it has been removed after he has declared bankrupsy/ administration all assets of the company are frozen and that is an asset, they can come after you to get it back and make you pay for the privlege.
The creditors will be ruthless to get their money and sorry to say you will be last in line to the banks.

i would hate to see you not only lose your money on the vessel, but also the costs to transport it to you house, and back to the yard to be sold off for the creditors

Get some good advise first

cheers

Hunt-N-Gather
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Hey SC
What was the final outcome mate?
HnG