PDA

View Full Version : Fraser firewood

reel scream
30-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Abot to go camping at Fraser at Waddy point beachfront campgrounds. Does anyone know if we can get wood up there, as in milled stuff supplied (not out of the scrub), or do we need to take our own?

Cheers
Scott

chisel
30-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Have to bring your own
http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/faq.html#are_fires_permitted

reel scream
30-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Do you think I would be ok to take my own split hardwood?

Cheers
Scott

banksmister
30-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Ring up the rangers station as they change there minds every time the tide changes
Also ask them what containers are suitable for food as last time i was up there i
had a note left saying plastic bins with tie downs are not satisfactory

Lucky_Phill
30-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Milled hardwood preferred as it does not ( apparently ) carry any nasties that could infect native timbers.

LP.

reel scream
30-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Cheers Phill, but does that mean they will confiscate my wood? Do not have the time now to source out some milled stuff.

Thanks
Scott

SWANO1
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Cheers Phill, but does that mean they will confiscate my wood? Do not have the time now to source out some milled stuff.

Thanks
Scott

they make you burn it:) :)
cheers swano

Lucky_Phill
06-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes, they may take it away or make you burn it immediately. OR, could fine you if they've had a bad nights sleep.

Milled wood is easy to find.... drive around any new housing estate and ask any builder for offcuts. Some of the renovated houses in the inner suburbs of Brisbane etc have offcuts of hardwood and much better to burn.

Other than that, servos around the place sell packed milled timber for about $10 a bag. You'll need 1 bag per night !!!

Cheers Phill