PDA

View Full Version : Mercury stickers peeling off

tugtellumhserf
29-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know where I can get new stickers or decals for my
Mercury outboard.......Thanks

BM
29-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Contact your nearest Mercury dealer. They will be able to order new decals for you.

Cheers

Steeler
29-03-2010, 09:35 AM
More info please HP,year etc

Steeler

tugtellumhserf
29-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Its a 1999 60hp

Dicko
29-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Take it along to a good signwriter. They'll make up vinyl stickers at about a millionth of the price of buying genuine.

Steeler
29-03-2010, 11:15 AM
http://www.outboarddecals.com/index.php?cPath=37

Purchased from them before and do a great job.

Steve

tugtellumhserf
29-03-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.outboarddecals.com/index.php?cPath=37

Purchased from them before and do a great job.

Steve

yep thanks steeler 100 bucks is better than 300

craigie
29-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm in the same boat (sorry !), my 2004, 115 opti is suffering the same thing.
Very disappointing !! The 115 from the back of the cowl is gone and the sweeping blue ribbons on each side have started to lift at the rear. Admitidly the rig has not spent much time in a shed or under cover but other outboards I've had didn't have this issue !

Thanks
Craig.

snapersam
30-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I had the same problem on my mercury, I was disapointed , I told the mechanic about it when I was servicing it, and voiced my disapointent, he passed the message to mercury and they sent me a replacement for free.

In the same time I orderd one from the USA, same website mentioned by another fisho, for arround $125. I still have it , you can have it for $50, however more details needed to make sure it match, I am in Sydney if you wish to have a look at it, it is for a 90 hp.

White Pointer
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
G'day,

Let them peel off. They are just advertising for the brand, after all.

Usually the decals outlast the motor. Ask Mercury to give you new ones and through in a free service and you wiull keep up the advertising for them.

Regards,

White Pointer

sandbankmagnet
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Serious? $300 for stickers??

I agree with White Pointer. At least I wouldn't bother unless you're trying to sell it. What if it happens again?

snapersam
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Serious? $300 for stickers??

I agree with White Pointer. At least I wouldn't bother unless you're trying to sell it. What if it happens again?

just print this page with all our opinions and send it to mercury, they will fix your stickers for free, this is a bdd advertising for them. seriously you have nothing to loose, I had mine for nothing.

BM
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
G'day,

Let them peel off. They are just advertising for the brand, after all.

Usually the decals outlast the motor. Ask Mercury to give you new ones and through in a free service and you wiull keep up the advertising for them.

Regards,

White Pointer

I realise you have had a bad trot mate but seriously..... Decals are simply a sticker. Demanding a replacement and then an engine service because some stickers peeled??? Honestly.....

Be like asking after a couple of years that the vehicle manufacturer (insert brand) replace a sticker on the vehicle that may have faded or peeled.....

Sure, in the interests of brand advertising there may be something to be gained but asking/demanding for a free service??? Honestly, thats just "right out there".

Cheers

chookafishing
22-03-2011, 06:21 AM
i know this thread is a bit old but check out southernxgraphics.com.au

cheaper than the outboard decals web site and Ozy as well.

thanks

Chooka