PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget the camera man

Salty2
25-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Since my brother (the cameraman) did so much work on filming this trip I thought I better share it with you all. I'm sure some of you are chafing at the bit to get out again to the spanish mackeral. This may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQEXnAvxjG8

I've been waiting for a good while to get him out there trolling and show how great the new 140 Suzuki is at this. He made the mistake of turning up 30minutes late at the ramp so he was copping a ribbing all morning with nicknames like 'turtle'.:whip: Apparently there is a setting on your mobile phone which will disable your alarm on the weekend and only allow it monday to friday. Watch out for that one!

We couldn't resist a quick troll at Pt.Cartwright with thousands of birds working the area. But after 45 mins and no luck we headed to the Blinker where there were no birds but still fish. I let him take the first strike which took him about ten minutes to get in and turned out to be a feisty bonito. I think the drag was a bit light but I wanted him to get a good go at playing a fish.

He told me to take the next strike and I was stoked when a short time later my fish blistered off with a typical spanish run. He got most of it on film but had to put the camera down to do the gaffing.

The water a as calm as a lake till 10am then within ten minutes it was howling and poured rain for about an hour. I was hoping to get out to the 10mile area for some Marlin action but this weather put us off. Anyhow the next trip out a week later I did get there and caught my very first Marlin on 9/3/2010.
It went hard for an hour and a bit with lots of aerobatics but didn't revive. I tried for over 30 minutes to bring it round but it just went stiff. I caught it on a livie down deep on an old penn 320 overhead, no harness, no deckie and no camera man! I took it to the fishery boys for dna sampling. It went 193cm short and made about 67 kg.

There was a lot of action out there that day and at one time I had two marlin jumping towards me from other boats in opposite directions.

Its been a great summer!

Fishing_Freddy
27-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Congrats on your first marlin well done, i t would of gave the arms a good work out with no harness.
Ken:beer:

Greg P
27-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a good day. Bad luck on the revive.

Can you set your video to public?

seastorm
27-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I can't watch the video as it says it is a private video?

Salty2
27-03-2010, 06:31 PM
The video is working again.

I went out again today and scored my first big sail at the ten mile. It took a doubleup of large jigged pilchards and we had a successful live release.

captain rednut
28-03-2010, 09:08 PM
hey salty i think i saw you yesterday out there and i think at one stage i got i little close to you without relizing you were fighting a fish??. if so im sorry mate it was a busy little area and we were all triing to troll through the bait.
cheers jim