PDA

View Full Version : cocaroaches and boats

timddo
24-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Recently i have noticed cocaroaches in the boat, I have morteen bombed it a few times and they reappear a few days later. Is there any sure way to get rid of them. The boat is left in an open carport.

P.S The boat is cleaned, no bait. Seems like the roaches are breeding under the timber floor.

thelump
24-03-2010, 03:50 PM
They are a bugger aren't they. There is a big bugger in mine all the time. He catches a few fish from time to time so I wont try to poison him. Although he does a pretty good job of trying to poison himself with that awful rum stuff. Still better than having a toad in the boat. They dont seem to catch as many fish. :D

TimD
24-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Fill the boat with gecko's Tim :hammer:

cheers tim :smiley:

juju
24-03-2010, 04:09 PM
A few spots of cockroach gel fixes them, ive often put some in a boat while doing a normal roach job at a house...........had one boat once that was full of them.under the floor carpet , under the side decks.....bombs wont work in the open enviroment of a boat...surface spray is option if you dont get you house done by a pestie...

culbara
24-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Mate i own Culbara Pest Control so i do know what i am talking about.
Contact Garrards Pesticides and but a tube of gel they are attracted to eat it and will die,
Spray in boats not a good idea as you wash them out etc

AnthonyL
24-03-2010, 11:55 PM
I don't think you can purchase from gerards without a pest license.......I use another supplier and they asked for my licence and kept it on file.

You can purchase gel bait from the supermarket which isn't as good but would be fine if you use a good surface spray too.

Roaches love damp areas like boats...I was cleaning my boat out on Sunday and found it riddled too so I need to treat my own.

sparkyice
25-03-2010, 03:12 AM
try Borax.
the powder she uses in the laundry to help the detergent clean better.
roaches hate the stuff, and it's non-toxic to the rest of the world

finga
25-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Huntsman spiders do a deal on them.
They make good pets too..

juju
25-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Mate i own Culbara Pest Control so i do know what i am talking about.
Contact Garrards Pesticides and but a tube of gel they are attracted to eat it and will die,
Spray in boats not a good idea as you wash them out etc

A bit of advice ....if your ever asked to treat a trawler....RUN !!!....i still have flashbacks .....

gofishin
25-03-2010, 12:29 PM
try Borax.
the powder she uses in the laundry to help the detergent clean better.
roaches hate the stuff, and it's non-toxic to the rest of the world
Be very wary of Borax(or other chemicals with high alkalinity, even truck wash detergents) in tin boats, they are a no-no. Alkaline products restrict the self oxidising properties of aluminium, meaning it can corrode at a rapid rate.

Cockies seem to love the styrene blocks under the floors in tin boats – nice place to lay eggs etc. With my last tin boat I used to a) get rid of all the kids biscuit/cake/chocolate... crumbs, b) wash it & let it dry thoroughly before putting it away, or the dust cover over it (if I could), and c) scatter the normal household plastic bait containers everywhere around the boat & in u/floor compartments. Worked a treat for 4 yrs, boat was stored outside under a carport too.
cheers

gr hilly
25-03-2010, 06:02 PM
get a can of baygone surface spray that fixes all the bugs ants and all
hilly

culbara
25-03-2010, 08:01 PM
If you cant get it from garrards let me know i will get it for you pm me if you like