PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Ordered - now the wait

Argle
22-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Ordered a new Haines Signature 580BR ;D - 175 of Mr Suzukis finest on the back;D , now comes the eight week wait for it to be built :'(
Went the bowrider because after 9 and a half years of having a boat with a cabin and never using it once it seemed like a waste of space. Should be an awesome allrounder for fishing the Bay/Pin etc as well as cruising and skiing with the family.

I now know what every other person who orders a new boat goes through waiting for new boats to be built........its gonna be a loooong eight weeks

Cheers
Scott

AnthonyL
22-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Its feels like forever when you are waiting for a new boat to come, of course you always hope its a bit early and hope even more that its not delayed.

I am in the process of buying a new boat too but am the opposite of you in currently having a bowrider and looking at getting a cabin boat this time around.

We have only had a bowrider so cant compare to the amount of use that a cabin gets but the bow gets used each and every time for the most of the trip at the moment. We are a bit worried that we will miss having the extra space of the bowrider.

Jarrah Jack
22-03-2010, 01:24 PM
It really hurts on those perfect weather days..A good match up of power there and a great motor,my mate has a 150 on his hh585r and while its ok those extra horses won't go astray.....

Argle
22-03-2010, 02:08 PM
We have only had a bowrider so cant compare to the amount of use that a cabin gets but the bow gets used each and every time for the most of the trip at the moment. We are a bit worried that we will miss having the extra space of the bowrider.

G'day Anthony, yeah mate I reckon the bow area will get heaps of use, getting to the anchor will be a lot easier too! The only thing I ever used the cabin for was to store gear in, and even then it was a pain to climb over/around to get to the hatch to access the anchor. Its great fun looking at new boats though!

Cheers
Scott

Argle
22-03-2010, 02:10 PM
It really hurts on those perfect weather days..A good match up of power there and a great motor,my mate has a 150 on his hh585r and while its ok those extra horses won't go astray.....

Ha ha Jack Im not even going to look out the window for the next eight weeks;D

Yeah 175 should just about be enough I reckon8-)

Cheers
Scott

PinHead
22-03-2010, 04:55 PM
not a probelm waiting for a new boat...boat before last was 12 weeks from the States..the new boat is at the yard and just needs to be registered and cleaned and then mine. Will probably get it just before Easter or after.
That was about 8 weeks for a bloody tinny.
You will survive..LOL

Moonlighter
22-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Know exactly how you feel - it takes forever to go. Its only been 5 weeks since mine was ordered and it seems forever. (See post re Surtees)

At least the weather up here in Brisbane has been pretty much cr$p since then, so haven't missed much fishing.

But the salt water level in my vital system is becoming dangerously low so might have to volunteer as a deckie soon otherwise it could get nasty around here!

Good luck with your project, hope all goes as well for you as it has so far for me.

Cheers

ML

Daisy Burnett
22-03-2010, 07:37 PM
You blokes are breaking my Heart I ordered my Tabs back in Nov and I think it hit town today. I now have to wait for the fit out. I'm dieing here.

Cheers
Daisy

Kondo 1
22-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I ordered my new Sea Jay 2 weeks ago and I am dead set climbing the walls!!

lucky I have plenty on at the moment to keep me occupied or it would be a whole lot worse...

PinHead
22-03-2010, 08:05 PM
and I thought I was the impatient type.

smashed crabs
22-03-2010, 09:10 PM
It certaintly is hard and painfull to wait on a boat , i put an order in start of November last year for a custom built boat ,the boat was to take only 6weeks to build , i have been now told that i have another 3weeks to wait, all i have seen so far is an incomplete hull.

We people tend to buy based on emotion , the feeling we get when we picture ourselves sitting in a boat of our own kicking back and being happy is the driving force for what makes us do it , for me those good happy feelings and pictures in my mind are now far gone , misery and dispair has now sunk in.

I went fishing last night in my tinny and caught a 98cm barra , i could not raise a smile or even a loud excited cheer, i simply pulled the hook , measured it and only because me mate wanted me to , turfed it back thinking to my self "BFD". The only thing that would bring me back from the brink is a boat, my boat , the boat i orderd and paid in full , the boat i bought on pure emotion

I hope no one has to go through the pain im feeling right now

SC:'(

Kondo 1
22-03-2010, 09:27 PM
It certaintly is hard and painfull to wait on a boat , i put an order in start of November last year for a custom built boat ,the boat was to take only 6weeks to build , i have been now told that i have another 3weeks to wait, all i have seen so far is an incomplete hull.

We people tend to buy based on emotion , the feeling we get when we picture ourselves sitting in a boat of our own kicking back and being happy is the driving force for what makes us do it , for me those good happy feelings and pictures in my mind are now far gone , misery and dispair has now sunk in.

I went fishing last night in my tinny and caught a 98cm barra , i could not raise a smile or even a loud excited cheer, i simply pulled the hook , measured it and only because me mate wanted me to , turfed it back thinking to my self "BFD". The only thing that would bring me back from the brink is a boat, my boat , the boat i orderd and paid in full , the boat i bought on pure emotion

I hope no one has to go through the pain im feeling right now

SC:'(

Are u likely to get it?? is the builder playing silly buggers or just lazy/taken on too much work??

Jarrah Jack
22-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Smashed Crabs...A 98 barra...really well done mate, your mums ironing is working well. Very sorry to read about that long wait, don't know what to say. They had better hurry if a barra that size can't raise a smile.

smashed crabs
22-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Are u likely to get it?? is the builder playing silly buggers or just lazy/taken on too much work??

Mate i hope i will get it , it's just one big fkn nightmare with no end in sight

SC

Kondo 1
22-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Mate i hope i will get it , it's just one big fkn nightmare with no end in sight

SC

Mate thats awful, I certainly feel for you, I know I would feel if I was in your shoes and its not good...

Good luck bud, I sure hope u see it soon.

Daisy Burnett
23-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Smashed Crabs
I feel your pain mate, nothing worse. My due date is March and and I think I saw light at the end of tunnel yesterday, but still I am climbing the walls. I really hope yours arrives shortly and she is all you hoped for.

Cheers
Daisy

Marlin_Mike
23-03-2010, 07:04 AM

SC

Mate thats unacceptable IMHO. Does the builder continually come up with BS excuses for delays? 6 weeks out to almost 5 months, no excuses

Mike

odes20
23-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Fantastic boat mate and fantastic motor!
I have a 175 4 stroke Suzy on my 6 metre yalta. Interesting thought to consider. Prop size. I have found the 15inchx21P suzy prop perfect with my boat.

I see other 175 Suzys with only 19p on them and I wonder why as they dont look any heavier than my rig. My motor can rev out to Suzuki"s Max wde open throttle of 6100. with that prop. But what I have experienced is that the donk runs free as a bird and is very responsive with this arrangement. But a 19p makes it rev way too high . Once they put it in the water make sure you check it all out
Just some thoughts to consider upon delivery

Cheers
john

Scott Mitchell
23-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I know exactly how you feel & when mine finally arrived back home - the weather has been woeful for weeks !!!!!

I'm sure teh team at The Haines Group will look after you - we couldn't be happier with our new 485SF 8-)

Hang in there - Scotto

Argle
23-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, Im sure it wont kill me (maybe) Its nice to know there are others in the same position. I feel for poor old smashed crabs, I cant think of anything worse - you hear and read of these things happening to people and it does go through your head a bit when ordering a new one. Having said that I am confident the Haines will be no problem.

Odes20, interesting comments mate, the boat is being packaged at the factory with the hull/motor/trailer so Im hoping they will have enough prior knowledge of how this boat runs and what prop it needs but yeah time will tell I suppose. Im really looking forward to seeing how it goes - should be a minor improvement over the old two stroke 90hp!!

Enjoyed the pics of your rig Scotto - I have asked to do a trip to the factory as well which I am really looking forward to, my 6 year old tells me he wants to be a boat builder and he is bursting with excitement at the thought of going to see the boat being built.

Cheers
Scott

PinHead
23-03-2010, 06:40 PM
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx Scott...the time will pass quickly.
Have another beer or two.

I saw my tinny yesterday...just gotta be rego'd and a detail and all ready.

I might even collect it next week.

There is no rush Scott..plenty of time to play once you get it.

Argle
24-03-2010, 12:34 PM
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx Scott...the time will pass quickly.
Have another beer or two.

Now thats something I CAN do - good idea Pinhead

Cheers
Scott