PDA

View Full Version : navionics navplanner help ??

DALEPRICE
21-03-2010, 09:24 AM
gday guys,

i have a navplanner i just installed and i can get it all to work ok reading off my
chart card. i seem to be able to save my waypoints off my chartplotter onto a
blank card ok but i cant get it to load up onto the computer for some reason?

i insert the card into the reader but it wont load up or read the card ??
but i can see the file saved on the drive when i open it up out of the navionics
page? that may not make sense , so i need to have it as a special format ??

thanks in advance
dale

i checked the link you put up honda 900 but i couldnt find any luck,
but i am not the best with computers...haha
cheers

John Buoy
21-03-2010, 12:25 PM
To load waypoints from a cartridge, put the memory card/cartridge in the card reader. Select the menu option "Waypoints", "Load waypoints from cartridge/memory card".
At the bottom of the file loading dialog there is a drop-down box labeled "File type". Select the type of the file you wish to load depending on your chart plotter type.

Does it to me too i just unplug the usb connector on the card reader
and re connect it and then all is fine.
Make sure you close the navplanner before unplugging the reader.

Regards Frank

honda900
22-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Dale,

Franks on the money, you will also need to load your maps, the file format is a .usr format.

One other thing I would add for safety is to, write protect the SD Card from with your maps on it. On the Edge of your SD card you will find a small grey slide, push it to the back of the card (away from the angled corner) to write protect the card. this will prevent corruption as no data can be written to the card.

Regards
HOnda.

Reefmaster
22-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Your not alone on this one Dale lol..I had the same problem the other day and was about to look into it. Thanks for the info lads I hope the issue is sorted.

Cheers
Greg