PDA

View Full Version : Wilson outrigger bases

pjbfish
21-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi all

I'm considering fitting Wilson outrigger bases to my Barcrusher 560C. I've heard the Reelax gunnel mounts can be difficult to use especially in heavy weather and they leave the spline sticking out. I also considered using the rocket launcher but have reservations about its strength.

Has anyone here had experience of using the wilson bases?

Cheers

siegfried
21-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I have used both Relax are the go IMO, Wilsons are light and have little adjustment and wer to small for decent poles. They are best mounted on the side of the cab on BCs and require a decent backing plate. Make sure you get the angles right before drilling and sikaflex (lightly) your poles into the base ,there is more then one Relax base in 1000 fathoms. they can work their way up the spline if the angles are not right but mine have been good so far

MyWay
21-03-2010, 05:49 PM
here is my on 560c

thay work very good

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn101/mywayphotos/Photo0124.jpg

and here is one extra think i made it for it as thay whip too much in ruff going out or on away home

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn101/mywayphotos/Photo0125.jpg

cheers
mayway

Thunderbird
22-03-2010, 06:38 AM
you still remember how to use em fadill?
call me i've lost your number!

MyWay
22-03-2010, 07:09 AM
you still remember how to use em fadill?
call me i've lost your number!

if this weather continue i will forget how to start me boat :D

bugman
22-03-2010, 08:32 AM
I had wilson on my last plate boat.

I found them pretty simple to use. They don't have as many angles or postions to be used in as reelax but if you mount them correctly the first time you're fine.

I had mine in some pretty rough weather and dipped them in the water a few times and didn't break anything. Some people here will also atest to the ride of my old plate boat as well ;D and they stood up to everything fine.

Theý are also a bit cheaper.

Brett

business class
22-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Cant beat Relax IMO. Specialize in this department, do it once and do it properly;D

P.S Awesome set up MyWay8-)

Cheers
Matty