PDA

View Full Version : Navionics releases upgrade with Moreton Bay marine Park zones

Moonlighter
19-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Spoke to Navionics today.

They advise that they have released an upgrade to their charts with the long awaited inclusion of the 2009 Moreton Bay Marine Park zoning plan boundaries. This will be a big help to SE Queensland Ausfishers.

Just make sure your new card is version 01.22 (I think that's it) and you should be OK.

They did say that the charts only have the boundaries of the new zones and are NOT shaded in green, yellow etc. So not perfect from my pint of view but a big step in the right direction.

The new charts should be available from a couple of the bigger sources at the Tinnie and Tackle show this weekend.

Cheers

ML

Midnight
20-03-2010, 12:45 AM
DO you know if you can just pay for an"upgrade", or do you have to buy a complete new package?

Cheers,
Myles

hodges4
20-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Midnight
I've asked them that question yesterday afternoon.
The last time I asked them it was $110 plus delivery but that was last year.
Should have reply Monday and I'll post it as soon as I get it.

John

samson
20-03-2010, 05:29 PM
hey moonlighter what navionics card have the greenzones i've only got the gold version and looking to upgrade, i presume it's the platinum plus as i'm looking to start working the swains and would be near imposible without it, its a mine feild out there.

on-one
20-03-2010, 06:12 PM
it's definitly available in gold now (navionics sent me an email) I'm not sure if platinum versions are avilable

honda900
23-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Ok,

story is as follows;

version 01.22 contains all AHO Notices to Mariners until end 2009.

The new version has the shape file detailing the outline of each zone.This is same approach taken with other zones such as the GRMPA zones up north. It has been successful to the extent that most fishermen prefer it as it is easier to plot a course on the fine free side of the line

Gold upgrade cost RRP $198.00 return your card to them + freight.

The Platinum Version is due in Late April
NavPlanner 2 is not yet available.

Regards
HOnda.

hodges4
23-03-2010, 03:59 PM
That's one hell of a price increase 80%.
Was $110 plus freight at the end of August last year.
Shows what can happen when there's no competition.

Honda, did they tell you how to go about arranging the changeover. ie how to go about paying for it. I asked them last week but they havn't replied yet.

thanks
John

honda900
23-03-2010, 05:49 PM
John,

they mentioned you can do the upgrade through them or their dealers.

Regards
HOnda.

snodger 08
24-03-2010, 07:10 PM
ML. 2 weeks ago I bought a Gold xl9 v 1.21 card new from a dealer and I asked him was this the absolute latest version, and he said it was. When did the V1.22 come out?
Steve

Midnight
24-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I think I will buy 200 bucks worth of diesel and stick with the marks I plugged in myself for the green zones:-X

Thanks for the info

Cheers,
Myles

hodges4
24-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Email from Navionics today.
Upgrade price has gone up but more convenient.

' the update program issued from Italy has changed to a 50% discount. That means the 32XG Gold chart is $198.00. Many dealers will do the update from stock. Otherwise send it to us and we will turn it around quickly. Include contact detail and we will call you for payment.'

Spoke to Whitworths today. $195.00. No stock for a couple of days as all their charts have been sent back for upgrade.
Simply buy new chart for $195.00 and give them your old chart as part of the deal. Better system, no downtime. bugger about the price increase though.

Snodger 08.
My email notifying of the update is dated 19/03/10. I'd be asking dealer for free upgrade.

john

SatNav
25-03-2010, 06:41 PM
1. Just to clarify? With a 50% (that is 50%) discount the price is still $198 ?

2. This is quite amazing considering what any individual can purchase this data for

3. Agree that anybody who purchased a chip in recent times should definately be replaced free of charge

hodges4
26-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Satnav
Yes, $198 after trade-in

hodges4
29-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Got my upgrade last Friday.
The zones are there along with extra map detail as part of the upgrade.

Zones are outlined with a thin single red line. Very hard to see. No shading of the areas.

All the different type zones are outlined with the same thin red line with some text on the increased zoom levels. It's up to you to determine what type of zone your looking at

Will probably need to use it in conjunction with the govenment publication to be sure where you are and what it is.

fishing111
29-03-2010, 08:11 AM
Don't understand why they can't be shaded, sort of defeats the purpose a little if their not by making the zones harder to see,for me anyway (blind).I wonder if those platinum plus ones will be the same deal?

hodges4
29-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Make sure you see the chart before buting it.
I was disappointed and decided to keep the waypoints I had been using to mark the corners of the zones otherwise it would be hard to see them.

I suppose they will become easier to see over time.
Could be an expensive line to miss especially in areas I don't normally fish.