PDA

View Full Version : Now thats the way to go through a bar

grey_inflatable
16-03-2010, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBaqh3dcVM&NR=1

How sea worthy is this one, i often feel a bit nervous before i take the inflatable in the surf but gee these guys hard core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yCCPioL4Ro&feature=related

rowanda
16-03-2010, 10:36 PM
crazy bastards.....and the people who buy product from these boats would be complaining about prices I bet....like to see them out there!

Steeler
16-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I was starting to feel a little green around the gills just watching

Angla
17-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Good to see them taking it straight on. They must have some grunt driving them but imagine if she broke something and became powerless. Would be dead in the water in that sort of stuff.
Captain must hard some huge courage and faith

Cheers
Chris

nidrac
17-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Yup.. Crazy bastards seems to sum it up... would hate to think of the volume of water that is coming onto the decks of them boats...

Nidrac

FNQCairns
17-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Check out that first one from about half way through when the boat first starts to wallow and then get pushed to the side, too much for it or the filming boat was cutting it off..need another 2 minutes of film to see how he handled the situation. Good vid this one.

The second one is just showing off for marketing purposes I suspect.

Wouldn't be on the first one for quids!

cheers fnq

nigelr
17-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Fierce bu&&ers those Icelanders, in the blood I reckon!
There is also some awesome footage of the US Coastguard in action at Morro Bay, Ca. on Youtube, that I think we have seen before, mind blowing alright!

deckie
17-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeahh nahhh...pussies :P

That second bulldozer has gotta have some hellish grunt. Booom.

grey_inflatable
17-03-2010, 09:00 PM
hi all i think it would feel full on with all the weight ploughing through those waves

Jarrah Jack
17-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Wonderful footage reminds me of a story by Edgar Allan Poe called the maelstrom. Bet you those guys went through a bar went they got back on land..

charleville
18-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Hmmm. That is just what I need for fishing at Mud Island. :D

I wonder if my LPG Ford would handle the boat trailer OK.

;D ;D ;D

tunaticer
18-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I would want some bloody thick windscreens in those boats with a hundred bolts holding each panel in.

Still there is a whole lot more rough weather vids to see that make those look fairly pale.

One of my fishing mates captains a oil rig supply vessel off the north west shelf or in bass strait depending on the requirement for each shift. Last year he was fully loaded and had to plow straight through that cat 5 cyclone near Onslow. Copped a heavy hit and punched a 6m square deck hatch in. Copped an extra 4000 tonnes of water inside a dry hold about 1/2 way through the cyclone. The boat handled it well but was a hell ride he said. His first taste of seasickness he reckons. 32 hours straight driving and chucking.

He can keep that job, when he reaches the rigs he can not tie to or anchor near the rigs, must drive the ship steady in the currents and conditions for load and unloading. He reckons that the worst part of the job.