PDA

View Full Version : problem with mariner 25hp?

Wildman
16-03-2010, 06:31 PM
hey guys

took the boat for a run today, its been about 4 months, and had a good run without any dramas, but when i went to flush the motor afterwards, the water jet that is at the top of the engine that shoots out water back into the water ur boating in was flat out getin a drop out every second.... any ideas guys? would like to get it sorted ASAP :)

cheers

benny

neil_stessco
16-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Hi Wildman,

It can be a few things mate, you may have a failed water pump or an impeller or it can be something simple like the piddle pipe is blocked up with a bit of sand or gunk or the muffs aren't sealing correctly around the seawater inlets, i have had that problem with a few different outboards.

Good luck,

Neil.

dreemon
16-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi , first I'd try and follow the rubber hose back into the engine block, pull it off and see if theres a blockage there by blowing through the tube, if thats good then it's best to check thermastat for crud, clean th area out really good and replace the T/stat,

if all those areas look good, time to replace the impeller. unless you just did.

is it getting hot? if you can't hold your hand on the head close to 10 secs it's too hot, , It could be a wasp in the tube, I leave a zip tie up the pisser when not using mine, good luck

Wildman
16-03-2010, 07:05 PM
thanx guys problem solved... SHE WAS BLOCKED ALL RIGHT! :p

LOVE YOUR WORK!

Benny