PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Wireless co pilot kit Salt water round plug

poppers81
14-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi all... wondering if anyone has had any experience in buying this item o/s.. tried to purchase one thru ebay and had a what could only be called an adventure that resulted in my getting a refund... thank god.. trying to save a few bucks by getting in os but no one seems to be able to help out.. Has anyone purchased one or can recommend a shop they have dealt with that may be able to help out.. If not i guess it is the leisure marine stand at the tinnie and tackle show this weekend to see if i can get one for "show special price"...

any help is appreaciated

cheers boys and gals..

poppers

tunaticer
14-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I have bought similar gear from Basspro.com when they have specials running. Cabelas also do good deals. Have had no problems with either of these two outfits.

hodges4
14-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Give this mob a try. Good communications with them to make sure I ordered the right thing and great price.
I bought my Co-Pilot from them

http://secure.northlandmarine.com/MinnKotaQuickRef.htm#Anchor##Trolling%20motors

John

poppers81
14-03-2010, 07:10 PM
John,
Did you have any drama's with getting a saltwater version. Did you have round plugs on the flat type. i have the round and it seems to be not a common type in the usa..Seems to cause masssive confusion. I have gone to the website previously and had no joy.. The model number i have was taken off actual stock but is not even listed on the minn kota website.. Giving me the s*&ts..

thanks for your help

hodges4
15-03-2010, 06:21 AM
poppers81
I have the flat plug version.
What I ended up doing was to email minn kota and ask them for the correct part number for the model I had and stipulated flat connectors.

I then shopped around for that part number.
Worked out OK that way.

You could also try BLA here in brisbane to get the correct part number.

John