PDA

View Full Version : Boat and Motor servicing...

LostNearBribie
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Just wanted to give our mechanic a plug as he is struggling a bit and I don't want to see him go!

His name is Steve Kanoswki. Steve ran the workshop for Rivercity Marine before they closed down.
He kept the workshop going under the name Rivercity Outboard Sales & Service.
They are still at 133 Sandgate Road Breakky Creek.
Steve does a fantastic job of looking after our boat and motor.
Cheaper than taking it to a Yamaha dealer and the service is 200% better.
There are discounts for Tournament fishos too.

Last time he did a service he noticed our prop was looking a bit shabby.
He had one in the workshop, so he swapped it over. No charge, just did it.

He is fitting another million rod holders and our new sounder set up at the moment.

PLEASE GIVE THIS BLOKE A GO.
If you don't have someone you trust and looks after you, go and see Steve.
You can contact him on: Phone (07) 3262 7666 or Email rivercityoss@bigpond.com.au

I am not related to, or have any investment in this business.
I just rely on their service and advice constantly!

Red.

darkside
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
LostNearBribie,

Its so nice to read a positive post about service or dealers, so yes when someone does the right thing by you, by all means tell the world, lets not just save it for the negatives.

Cheers

Dantren
12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Completely agree with Red. Steve's service & price can't be beat.

lethal098
12-03-2010, 08:39 PM
agreed Steve is a great bloke and will go out of the way to help ya out, i just neem my boat mobile and it will be down to him for a service.
come on guys support someone who will support you.

cheers Lee

fez
12-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Yep services my motor as well. Has always done a very very good job on mine and the quote provided was more than the actual price. Good news is I need it done again now. Steve I am heading in this week.

fez

LostNearBribie
12-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Thanks guys and lets keep it going till he has to hire some others to help!

LostNearBribie
15-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Got the boat back on Friday.
Old sounder moved to floor on front platform.
New sounder put in on RAM mount with GPS on the back.
Excellent job as usual.
Thanks Steve.

Snapper88
15-03-2010, 09:34 PM
it is great to have the same person look after the boat year after year, Steve sounds like the person you want

LostNearBribie
17-03-2010, 01:41 PM
It is a good feeling.
If only I could find someone as good to service my car!
Just had some good feedback from a guy from Fishing Monthly that took his boat in this week.

His words:

"On the strength of this post I got Steve to service my Etec. I have just picked it up and I am delighted. Great service, great price and a lot of free advice on the motor and the boat in general. I will be using him exclusively in the future for all servicing that I need done, even though its a bit of a drive for me to get to his workshop. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Regards,
Dave"

lethal098
17-03-2010, 08:11 PM
what sort of car do you have??

fez
17-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Steve serviced my boat yesterday, dropped in Monday afternoon, yeah bring it in tomorrow was the call, was done in the day, price was good, service was excellent. It is the little things that make the big difference and gives you the confidence in your boat and motor to do what you need it to do. Steve went completely over the boat and trailer, picked up a couple of little things, painted the prop, greased the trailer checked breaks, hubs and bearings, given a clean bill of health.

Thanks mate, good luck in the comp over the weekend.

fez

DHM77
17-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I am the bloke that LNB refers to above, picked my boat up today after having the three year service done on an Etec 115. In addition Steve checked over the trailer, wheel bearings, lights, touched up the leg and skeg, adjusted the trailer brakes and gave me a lot of free advice. I have no affiliation with him at all, but the service was superb and for the first time in living memory I was actually glad to pay the bill knowing that I had recieved good value for my money. I have recommended him to two good friends today, and would strongly advise anyone who wants to deal with a reasonble and honest outboard motor tech to give Steve a go.

Jarrah Jack
17-03-2010, 09:25 PM
To Steve............If you need to move at any time and want some good business or a change scenery plese come down to Vic. We always need good honest mechanics and the ones I know down here are flat out. I've got two boats and three motors you can start on now.

Cheers

JJ

LostNearBribie
23-03-2010, 07:38 PM
what sort of car do you have??

Lethal I have a Nissan Navara STR 3.0 Diesel.
I love the ute, it has been fantastic.
I have had Nissan service it for 5 years and it seems to be getting dearer and dearer.

Steve fitted up all new LEDs on our trailer today, fantastic.
Last trip out someone let us know at the lights that there were NO lights working on our trailer....

JJ we really don't want to loose him mate.
Why don't you move up here!?

LostNearBribie
23-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I am the bloke that LNB refers to above, picked my boat up today after having the three year service done on an Etec 115. In addition Steve checked over the trailer, wheel bearings, lights, touched up the leg and skeg, adjusted the trailer brakes and gave me a lot of free advice. I have no affiliation with him at all, but the service was superb and for the first time in living memory I was actually glad to pay the bill knowing that I had recieved good value for my money. I have recommended him to two good friends today, and would strongly advise anyone who wants to deal with a reasonble and honest outboard motor tech to give Steve a go.

That is great Dave.
Steve is very happy with the business we are generating just here on Ausfish.
Just goes to show that good things happen to those who do the right thing by the clients.

fez
23-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Certainly seems busier over the last week or so (I work around the corner and drive past at least 3 - 4 times a day, noticed the increase in traffic in the yard).

Well done LNB for drumming up the support Steve needed.

fez

LostNearBribie
23-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks Fez, I know what it is like have a "Solo" business.
You spend all your time actually doing the work or paperwork, there is no time to get out there and sell yourself.
You don't always have the cash flow to advertise also.
I have had some great clients do this kind of thing for me, so it is just my turn.

But if anyone needs the service of a graphic designer give me a call!

Jarrah Jack
24-03-2010, 08:52 AM
LostNearBribie..............I don't wont you to lose him either...It was just my way of saying that these guys are rare and can set up shop in other places where there is more demand......My wife finds it hard to understand me sometimes too...

Cheers mate

Spectre
26-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Been meaning to put this up for awhile...
But just wanted to endorse the above comments.

Steve @ River City Outboard Sales & Service did a full service on my 225 Hp Yamaha 4 stroke just before Easter.

Did a great job at a great price & no request was a problem.

Motor is running sweet as & have clocked a number of hours since that service.

Steve does all sorts of related work, including boat trailers & wiring etc.

I can highly recommend him.:thumbup:

Cheers
Phil

LostNearBribie
10-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to get this back in the mix.
Things are quiet for everyone at the moment.

LostNearBribie
11-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Just a Bump...

LostNearBribie
05-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Time for a service again?