PDA

View Full Version : Would you jump out of the boat or stay in?

bugman
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm guessing it never made it all the way in so high and dry looks a better option that going for a swim.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/photos/2010/03/11/2843329.htm

Angla
11-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know whether the handbag is after the fish or the hand that's catching it.

Personally I would stick with the boat but I would be choosing a bigger boat at the start point

Cheers
Chris

finga
11-03-2010, 07:07 PM
You definitely don't dangle the toes in the water up there.

When I first visited the nephews I asked about the big cages with chooks in them near the boat ramp. Made me wake up when they simply said crocs.

One of their mates was taken by a croc about 18 months ago. He just went down to the water at the billabong to get a bucket of water and the croc grabbed his head. His mate climbed a tree and stayed there for 2 days before people started to look for them.
Luckily the nephews were both down here for x-mas otherwise it could have been one of them.

robersl
12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Same river a few years ago the week before i got there a guide had a group of people out fishing and as per any charter if you break or lose the rod you replace it this bloke was sitting there and a barra hit his lure pulled the rod out of his hand and into the water the guide said he was up out of his seat and into the water before you could blink boats came from everywhere and they hauled him back in the boat when asked what he thought he was doing he getting the rod back ( and he had it ) the guide said mate take a look around you he looks over there are crocs everywhere , he said i didn't even think about them i was just thinking $300 dollars for rod and reel and went after it, makes you wonder about some people

MyEscape
13-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Why would you jump in? Any boat would be better than being in the water. At least you might have some chance.

Unless, of course, it jumps in your boat, then you would see me with the ability to run on water!

Steve

chopper chap
13-03-2010, 09:41 AM
i dont think there would of been any room left in the boat if it was mine cause i would fill it after shitting my self

Mrs Ronnie H
13-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Hi
Bugger the fish and the rod.
I'm with Steve and Chopper-- After S****ting myself I would be out of there faster than a Bondi Train-- don't think i would even leave an imprint on the water.

Ronnie

Scott nthQld
13-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't think you;d get a choice, a croc that size in a tinny is sure to capsize it, then you;re really screwed!!