PDA

View Full Version : Outbaord service sunny coast - who do you reccomend?

Crunchy
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey guys

Service due on 90HP Yam 2stk, who out there does a good job? Mobile or shop doesn't matter...

Thanks for your help
Crunchy

bagdout
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
hey mate,

i recently had my 30hp yam 2stroke serviced at dolphin marine in maroochydore (next to bcf). they are a yamaha dealer. i think the mechanic name was dennis. good bloke and told me everything they were doing and price was as quoted. i woudnt buy another boat from them but the service department seems to have their shit together.

cheers, aaran.

Crunchy
15-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks Aaran...

So no others? No one out there been using someone for years who they think does a great job for a fair price?

wags on the water
15-03-2010, 09:40 AM
If your keen to travel to Redcliffe, give Wade Weimers a call - highly recommended. I'm not sure if he does mobile work anymore after going into a big shed.
Wade - 0437733056

Cheers,
Wags

Crunchy
17-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks Wags, if no one else has much to offer will think about driving it all the way down south....

PADDLES
17-03-2010, 03:30 PM
hey krunchy, i've used wade in the past and he's pretty good. someone closer to home for you though, is old ken lewis up at peachester, he's a gun outboard mechanic too. i've got a couple of mates who swear by him and it'll be a whole lot less driving for you, plus i'm pretty sure he sells/installs the yammies new and so knows them backwards. to be honest, what put me onto wade was that ken was too busy one time when i needed a service and wasn't able to fit me in and so i tried wade (at a mate's recomendation) and stuck with him, plus wade would come to my house and do it all so i didn't have to tow the boat anywhere.

Dignity
17-03-2010, 08:39 PM
hey krunchy, i've used wade in the past and he's pretty good. someone closer to home for you though, is old ken lewis up at peachester, he's a gun outboard mechanic too. i've got a couple of mates who swear by him and it'll be a whole lot less driving for you, plus i'm pretty sure he sells/installs the yammies new and so knows them backwards. to be honest, what put me onto wade was that ken was too busy one time when i needed a service and wasn't able to fit me in and so i tried wade (at a mate's recomendation) and stuck with him, plus wade would come to my house and do it all so i didn't have to tow the boat anywhere.

I've used Ken and he is damned good which is why he is so busy, you do need to plan ahead, his work is outstanding and his price is better than any I've come across plus he comes to your place. He fixed issues with my motor that my previous mechanics struggled with and he showed me parts that should have been replaced and were recommended by merc to replace that the previous mechs didn't do. On second thoughts go with Wade as I do need another service seeing the weather isn't playing ball might as well do it now.

Crunchy
18-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Any contact details fella's?

Cheers
Crunchy

Mindi
18-03-2010, 11:18 AM
i am very happy with ray scholes new service centre at noosaville.....very helpful when i needed something done recently.....didnt used to be so keen but they have moved to bigger premises and new people too...

Dignity
18-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Any contact details fella's?

Cheers
Crunchy
crunchy, check your PM

Didley
19-03-2010, 09:13 AM
If your keen to travel to Redcliffe, give Wade Weimers a call - highly recommended. I'm not sure if he does mobile work anymore after going into a big shed.
Wade - 0437733056

Cheers,
Wags

I think you'll find Wade has moved to Brisbane Yamaha, 147 Eastern Service Road
Burpengary QLD 4505
Mobile number is still the same.

Cheers Dids

gtpeter
20-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Crunchy
Had my boat in at Laguana boating at Noosa ,best service on the coast ,helpfull and not over priced .

stinky-stabi
20-03-2010, 07:38 PM
custom craft marine in bulcock st caloundra ......been going there over 20 years now

Horse
21-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Drop Captain Rednut a pm. He did a lot of work on our outboard and I was very happy with the service. He is mobile andbased on the northside/Moreton area

dogsbody
21-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Riverside Outboard Repairs at Tewantin. Craig will see you right.

19 Hilton Tce, Noosaville, QLD 4566
p: (07) 5474 4199

Dave

wags on the water
23-03-2010, 12:16 AM
yeah Dids - something I learned after posting.