PDA

View Full Version : murphies goin off

jason p
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
hi to all

well after all the wind and sea i finaly saw a break with some time off you beuty:D as it was miday monday i couldnt find anyone to come out, as some have to work ha ha filthy four letter word.
hit the water at carties at 1331 headed out to murphies aprox 6 ml out to an old fathfull, put in my first drift ene to wnw direction, no more than 30 sec of hitting the bottom bang bang i wind it up and a beutifull tusky;D quickly rebait using a combo of squid and pillie on a pat rig back to the bottom with a couple of taps then nothing, indicating the end of that drift so back to the start of the run. after 14 drifts over this spot and 11 keepers latter, 4 tuskies 1 husser, 1 pearly, 1x mosses pearch, 1 x cod 2 x bream, i was stocked the arvy was shapping up to be a good 1. after 14 starts of the engine i thought it would be a good idea to give the motor a run and about 2 ml east i headed to another good producer, put in three drifts with nothing the first a sweety the second and on the third a clasic, double hook up on a pat rig the top hook had a nice kingy and the bottom hook had a good size sweety man that had some weight on the 15kg rod, that was three more for the box. sun was heading below the hills and it was time to head to my night spot, sounded around for a few min's and found a nice school put in the pick and ended about 10mt above the mark lovely. wasnt long before the pearlies come on the bite 4 more pearlies for the box puts me on bag out for pearlies all a nice size to and just to top the night of i caught a small but legal squire good pan size yumo on the bbq now. woke up the next morn aprox 0430 with the sound of boats cruising by but i wanted the finnal count to be an even twenty with nothing going on below i skipped over to the first spot i fished to pick up a another mosses to bring the final count to 208-) that was enough for me so back home it was, i was back in the m'bah harbour by 0630 passing a huge amount of boats heading out, i bet the sickie rate was up on tuesday all in all a great day night trip

jp

Angla
10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
You worked for that lot for sure. Sounds like you had a very pleasant trip in all and get to take some home to the freezer.

Cheers
Chris

Crunchy
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Good stuff....effort well rewarded....I was "Sick" this morning:-X , only managed a couple of grassy's but a half hearted effort really

hookinin
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Great result for in close and sounds like everything went to plan. I've heard eating fish cures that illness going around on Tuesday;D
Gaven

bondy99
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Jason p.

How are you mate, I heard you done good. If I'd know you was looking for someone to go with you then you could have given me a pm, I'm sure I would have made it.

Boab Bribie
11-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Good work Jas, My mate was one of the guys having a sickie on that day he manage a good feed from out and around the 6 to 8 mile mark.

Cheers BOAB BRIBIE

jason p
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
;) he he yes a good feed of tasty fish shore fixed me up for a big day at work on wed. some might say that i worked for these fish, but me, that aint work thats havin fun
:D thanks jp