PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday at the 8 mile...... Beats working!!

finding_time
10-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Well i a had a really long post typed and as i tried to add some pics i lost the lot! (lot!F@%$^$$%%)
F%$^$$%%&^^^!!!!

Well here the short version! Buggy ( Singer) Brooksey, Roota( thunderbird) and myself spent Tuesday a the 8 mile on Ymer, To say it was amateur hour would be a understatement but despite all that it was a bloody fantastic day and we even ended up with 3 billies tagged ( sort of!!!:-X ) It is amazing how many boat were out the on a tuesday, and it no wonder that we were in a world economic crisis !!! Any way i'm sure Buggy can retype what i lost later in the thread but here are some pics!!

finding_time
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
And here are a few of the locals

Lucky_Phill
10-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I was a little further afield.

Thought there would be action there, at midday there was 55 boat trailers in the Northern ramp carpark. :o :o :o

Thanks Ian.

If ya gonna do a long post, do it in a word program, then copy and paste it here.

I had these issues too....>:( 8-)

Cheers Phill

OH,.... I saw a Black ( I believe ) jump clear of the water out in 100 mtrs. Looks like it smashed through something ??????

Pistol_P
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Top action.

Nice jump shots.8-)

Pete

fishfreak01
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Looks like a great day, and some great photos as well.

Fishfreak

Horse
10-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Top action shots Ian

Too bad about the rest of the post

brisbane_boy
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Some good size fish there Ian, great season for the close ground. Looks like capt jeffo defending mooloolaba as usual and smithy in there to

Midnight
10-03-2010, 06:29 PM
B@stards! Why is it that it is 5kts when I'm away and then 25-30kts when I have my days off!???

Good stuff and great photos! It sure has been good up that way this year.
Glad to see everyone getting amongst them.
Cheers,
Myles

finding_time
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Yep jeffo was there....again::) i heard a rumor that the sunshine coast shire council is going to send him a rates notice for that 200m2 patch of ground he's been living on all summer!;) i'm really as jealous as all hell , but it's Roota he's got to worry about, he's figured out that if Jeffo's living at the 8 mile , Mel's at home alone;) :o :o :o :o

Ian

murf
10-03-2010, 07:21 PM
top stuff Ian :)

cheers Murf

trueblue
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Great photos there Ian.

I got out there today - got our first billy boated to Trueblue, and a bigish one at that.

cheers

Mick

jeffo
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Ian, if Roota keeps Mel company will he pay my rent? (allowing for more fishing time and money);D

jtpython
10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Great pics mate and looked fun. We seen one on sunday only a small one i threw a slug at it but didn't even get a look in.
JT

rogerb
10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Some great pictures there Ian, nice to see Blu Reela in the spread, we went 3 from 4 in that brown soup that I would not expect to see a fish in! We could not even see the bottom of the live bait tank early in the day.

Cheers, Rog

TCSunCoast
10-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Sure was a great day out there Tuesday, great photo's. I left my boat at home and went with Roger (RogerB) and it actually looks like I'm doing some work there on the back deck in your photo. I am sure he'll post some pics.
Certianly can't wait for the long version of your story as the radio chat from Brooksy had us in stiches at times, even more so with Jeffs circus music.

finding_time
10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Sure was a great day out there Tuesday, great photo's. I left my boat at home and went with Roger (RogerB) and it actually looks like I'm doing some work there on the back deck in your photo. I am sure he'll post some pics.
Certianly can't wait for the long version of your story as the radio chat from Brooksy had us in stiches at times, even more so with Jeffs circus music.

Yeh i'm kinda suprised that jeffo got any fishing done with the amout of time he spent on the blower!;D Brooksey was blaming all and sundry but this was a little rich from the skipper that set the tone for the day by turning up at the marina 35 minutes late because he was to pissed the night before to set his alarm correctally:o :o :o :o and it went down hill from there! bloody funny day though!:D :D :D

TCSunCoast
10-03-2010, 09:27 PM
yeh I wondered that, I saw you guys at the marina when Roger and I turned up, but we had bait in the tank out there and Brooksy was olny talkin to Smithy saying he was leaving???????????????

You need to get your own set of keys for the boat.

Scalem
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice shots!.

Here is a tip to help not losing what you typed. Get in the habit when you finnished typing of hitting the keys CTRL A ( which highlights everything you typed) followed by CTRL C ( which temporarily stores everything in Cache)
You can then submit your post, and if you want to retrieve everything hit CTRL V.

Practice a few times and you will get the hang of it.

I knew a few reports would hit the pages, weather looks great but crap again for when I want to go!>:(

Scalem

therapy
11-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Ian,
That was myself and another Ausfisher Dezzer on Smity's boat. Unfortunately the Marlin didn't take a liking to any of our slimies but it was pretty impressive seeing some of the hookups and jumping action going on around us. After seeing the water quality out there, I suggested to Smithy that we might do better cranking spinner bait's for bass!! I have been off the coast a few time's in my boat's over the years and have never seen the water that dirty that far out! Nice pic's of the critters!!

Cheers..........Terry...........

Boab Bribie
11-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Great work would have been a good day i can nt wait to get out there myself.

Cheers Boab Bribie

MyWay
11-03-2010, 09:40 AM
very nice action photos ian

Thunderbird
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM
yesterday ymer went 6 from 10 with a double and nearly another recapture.
Dam you "backlash buggie"!!!!
water was even greener than the day before but still plenty of bait.
Jeffo you'll have to come fishing with me. If i'm in the same boat as you, then you'll know where i am.

bugman
11-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I was thinking about writing an extremely long and witty rebutal to any allegation cast in my direction but I will settle for ....

get stuffed the lot of you;D

PS I happen to like the circus music8-)

jason p
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
great shots there mate and awsome fish well done

fishandchips
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
nice pics mate looks like you had a good one. luke

Brooksy
11-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Hello, my name is Steven and I'm an alcoholic;) ;)

Come on Ian you know its not cool to get to a party early:-/ , besides I reckon i was early, Buggy hadn't finished cooking the bacon and eggs when i arrived::)
Also I'm the skipper so I can blame all and sundry.8-) I find the fish and drive the boat on them. ::) Can't see how i tangled lines, got birds nests, missed tag shots and a myriad of other circus acts being performed on the back deck from the bridge;D

Tony drinking a slab the night before was comp training:P If you can't catch fish after a big night, you'll never keep up at gamefishing comps.:D

Despite all that I haven't laughed as much as i did on Tuesday for years, thanks, Singer, Roota and Stompy for the entertainment;D ;D

Seriously though it was a great two days fishing.

Brooksy

Midnight
11-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Good onya Brooksy, thats the "skipper" spirit! hahahahahaaaa

Love it!

Did ya yell "wind wind wind wind wind" from the bridge as you charged after 'em? hahahaha I always do when I can hahaha

Cheers,
Myles

finding_time
11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Stompy??? I work it out i guess:-/

I was really disapointed at how the pictures compressed when i loaded them on here so i'll try the photo bucket way. This was my favorite shot of the lot
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab303/finding_time/newsailcrop.jpg
Ian

Midnight
11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Nice shot Ian.
Many Sails seen for the day?
Cheers,
Myles

bugman
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Di di di did a li di did di did a li........

I'm going to design a multi prong tag pole - it will serve me well in old age.

I couldn't talk on Wednesday morning... my voice was gone from laughing so hard all day.

Myles... for the first time ever I was screaming at Brooksy to go back faster and quicker. Usually I'm telling him to slow down but I'd got a backlash and there was no more line coming off the reel and I wanted to hear those turbos scream as hard as they could.

By the way I landed the fish... and as I said on the day - a better man would have lost that fish;D

Midnight
12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Gday Bugman,
Yep I have played that song in my head on my boat a few times haha

Good job mate on that fish. I can imagine the look of horror on your face when you got the backlash!

It sounds like a fun and memorable dayhad by all, good onya!

Cheers,
Myles

business class
12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Stompy??? I work it out i guess:-/

I was really disapointed at how the pictures compressed when i loaded them on here so i'll try the photo bucket way. This was my favorite shot of the lot
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab303/finding_time/newsailcrop.jpg
Ian

I really want to catch one of them suckers above:( ......... Well done Ian sounds like a great day;D

Thunderbird
12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
yeah nice work with the photos ian. that would look good in a frame

trueblue
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
beautiful photo - what sort of camera?

finding_time
12-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Cannon D50 with a 75- 300mm lens , Mick!

Rumbles
13-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Is Smithy the only SCGFC Member who has a summer job???

Brooksy
13-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Work is over rated!!!!!!!!!