PDA

View Full Version : New Guinea Black Bass

Fitzy
09-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Fish Head Tackle at Victoria Point are having an information evening on Friday March 12th at 6.30pm. Dale Sinclair (aussiebasser) will be telling all about how to get to West New Britain and what to do. If you're interested in the amazing New Guinea fishing, email duncan@fishhead.com.au to book your seat.

upstart
09-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Dream trip!!

barrabart
12-03-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm up here on Lihir Island right now.... spend two weeks every month up here, trouble is the 13 hour days don't allow alot of time for fishing.......The fact that some of the worlds toughest fish are only a stones throw away and i can't have a crack at them does my head in....... one day before i throw the towelle in up here, i'm going have to organise a run over to New Britain..... Crikey i even have a couple of wantoks over there i can stay with........... yeah yeah i here ya, i've only got myself to blame!

PNG1M
24-03-2010, 09:28 PM
You may as well book a trip to Suki, via POM since you're in the country. It only costs $20 per night to stay at Suki Lodge. Ya just need to bring everything with you - that's the drawback!

The bass are monsters there though, and they share the waters with barra - what a double!

I'm aiming at another trip there in the far distant future of 2011

WestOzDesertFisher
24-03-2010, 11:15 PM
PNG bass - definitely high on my 'to-catch list'. One day...

Dan5
25-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Heading to New Britain in September......Baia lodge,,,,,,,can't wait...
A whole week of Bass fishing....

Jus
24-05-2010, 08:04 PM
I love Baia and the Baia crew - have been going for many years and have caught some amazing fish in and around Baia. Riccard has a great operation and if you want to go with the best you can't go wrong.

I am more than happy to put anyone in touch with him and more than happy to send pics of my trips.(couldn't help myself - i have attached a 40lb spot tail bass)

There is a core crew of us that fish in different locations around the place and we are more than happy to have newbies come along with us to experience this magic place.

LostNearBribie
24-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Now that is an awesome looking fish Jus, thanks for that.

Fitzy
26-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Dale and Pam have set up a web site with all the info you need to travel to Baia.
www.baialodge.com.au (http://www.baialodge.com.au)