PDA

View Full Version : Fitting reelax 450 reef rigger bases to cruisecraft outsider

rustymarlin
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I hhave just got a set of relax 450 reef riggers for my cruise craft 575 outsider has anyone fitted a set of these to there boat and if so how did it go and is there anything i need to be aware of before fitting them up and if anyone has pictures that would be great.

GBC
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes,

go to a park somewhere and set them up with the riggers in them so that they 'look' right - ie both line up - then drill the holes. You may find the holes will be in slightly different places from one side of the boat to the other.

Boats aren't always perfectly symmetrical as I found out whilst doing the same thing to a 685 outsider.

EDIT: < You need to get back a fair way to sight them - hence the park comment..

Getout
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes, I just did it. They are great.
I concur with GBC
You will need a decent backing plate.

TimiBoy
08-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I have the same setup. Nice big backing plates do the job.

Cheers,

Tim

John Buoy
09-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Had em on mine too
They are a great base
Ditto to to the large backing base plate.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/981/outriggersetup17.jpg (http://img691.imageshack.us/i/outriggersetup17.jpg/)

Regards Frank

TimiBoy
09-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Gees John, those telescopic ones look the goods. How long are they when extended?

Cheers,

Tim

Noelm
09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
telescopic outriggers look good, but in use the bloody things telescope when you dont want them to, especially if you have a slight forward and up angle on them, I ended up glueing mine extended, and they still slipped inside after a bit of movement, ended up selling them and getting one piece, mind you storage and so on is not so flash with one piece, but the benefits are worth it (well I reckon)

John Buoy
09-03-2010, 01:40 PM
telescopic outriggers look good, but in use the bloody things telescope when you dont want them to, especially if you have a slight forward and up angle on them, I ended up glueing mine extended, and they still slipped inside after a bit of movement, ended up selling them and getting one piece, mind you storage and so on is not so flash with one piece, but the benefits are worth it (well I reckon)
Not these ones Noel i imported them from the states and never had a drama with em. They are alloy and made by Lee's tackle.
They have spring loaded pins that lock each section and have taken them thru some ruff shyte extended and never failed on me.

Tim they are 16ft without the spear and cost me approx 700 landed in OZ.
They fit 1-3/4 inch bases ie exactly into the reef rigger base 42-43 mm!!

Regards Frank

Noelm
10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
OK, that sounds like they will be good, the ones I had were just a standard old telescopic system and it just bugged me so bad over the years, I kind of reckoned someone could make a better telescopic outrigger (should have done it myself) I have seen them drilled and a bolt put in them, but they tend to snap at the weakest point then (the bolt hole)

TimiBoy
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
here's a couple: