PDA

View Full Version : BEER Batter learns to speak SPANISH

WalFish
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
The weather looked great so we packed up early and set off for Cardwell for an early start on Saturday. We were on the water and on our way to Otter by 8.30 am and the weather forecast was proved accurate.

Had never been to Otter before and found the fishing VERY slow. Lots of other boats around and lots of moving around looking for fish. Chloe landed a nice trout, Natasha got a nice "something or other", and my wife hooked shark after bloody shark. We moved about a fair bit looking for some lumpy ground in deeper water that might hold a fish or two. The kids even had a bit of a dip in the kill tank to cool off a bit.

Ended back at Hutchison Shoal at about 2 pm, set the berley trail out, floated a pillie, and got smashed. The 30lb mono screamed off the shimano and the trusty beastmaster doubled over. My first thought was "bloody shark again!". I hit him with some more drag and turned his head back to the boat, then wound like buggery as he zoomed past the boat and worked the drag again, with me thinking "that doesn't look very sharkey??"

He was tiring by now and came back to the boat with little effort when I realised what I had......... you little rippa!! Pass me the gaff kids!! 1 clean gaff shot, smack with the donger and into the kill tank and high-fives all round. If you were within 5 miles of Hutchison at about 3pm on Saturday you would have heard me!

From there we moved back in toward Hinchinbrook with us catching undersized nannies and more bloody sharks so we called it quits, placed our lives in the hands of Mr GPS and headed for home. Water was glassed out by then and the moon followed us home. Great to live in North QLD.

Angla
07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Looks like the kids are loving it. Even the kill tank bit, LOL

Cheers
Chris

levinge
07-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Nice one Wal

Good to see she getting blood on her

Those strange things in the kill tank look undersized dude!!!!