PDA

View Full Version : lowrance x135??

ronnien
07-03-2010, 12:04 PM
hi all,
having a problem with my x135 sounder, woke up this morning & it was on thinking that my young falla got in & mucked around with it. so turned it off & before i got out of the boat it had turned itself back on, done this a few times so have disconnected the pos.

any thoughts on what could be going on ??? + noticed that the pos on the sounder makes a spark when i was disconnecting it, no sparks from the gps or anything else??

ron.

Ozie_3
07-03-2010, 12:27 PM
my eagle (made by lowrance) when overheating (from the sun) would shut down then restart a minute later and shut down agin b4 it had located position ( few seconds) and keep repeating the cycle foe ever...

the only way i could get it out of the cycle was to cut the power to it (via an isolation switch)

when switched back on (after cooling) it worked fine....

may not fix your problem....but then it may...

if not try a soft or hard reset..

Soft Reset (Does not delete Data)
1. Turn unit OFF
2. Press and hold the PAGES key
3. Press and hold the PWR key
4. Release both buttons when the unit powers up

Hard Reset (Deletes stored data)
1. Turn unit OFF
2. Press and hold the ZIN&ZOUT Keys at the same time
3. Press and hold the PWR key
4. Release both buttons when the unit beeps.

its all here at.....

http://www.lowrance.com.au/en-au/Support/Product-Support/Troubleshooting-Guide/Reset-Procedures/

hope this helps, cheers chris

Ozie_3
07-03-2010, 12:37 PM
just adding...

the info is for your model but looks a lot like mine eagle 542c

a soft restart is like rebooting a computer.... gets rid of all the crap going on sucking up memory....

a hard restart is like reformatting a computer.... clears the drive of everything and starts from scratch....

cheers chris

Moonlighter
11-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Ron

By all means try what has been suggested above, but I fear it will not be resolved.

This "sticking" power button is a known problem with the Lowrance and Eagles of that vintage. If its still under warranty, get it back to Lowrance ASAP to be fixed, as it will just get worse. If out of warranty call them anyway because they may be able to repair/replace it for a fixed fee.

Good luck

ML

NAGG
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
hi all,
having a problem with my x135 sounder, woke up this morning & it was on thinking that my young falla got in & mucked around with it. so turned it off & before i got out of the boat it had turned itself back on, done this a few times so have disconnected the pos.

any thoughts on what could be going on ??? + noticed that the pos on the sounder makes a spark when i was disconnecting it, no sparks from the gps or anything else??

ron.

Hi Ron

I've had 2 replaced for doing the same thing ( alarm goes off too)

Chris

ronnien
12-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi Ron

I've had 2 replaced for doing the same thing ( alarm goes off too)

Chris

yeah alarm does go off.

ron.

ronnien
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
just spoke with lowrance, will not fix, will replace with newer unit $455.
might wait till its stuffed & go with another brand.

ron.

Moonlighter
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi Ron

It was a problem specific to the model with that type of button, so would not be likely to carry over to current models.

Cheers

ML

whiteman
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
My 135 has been faultless and still gives a clear view of the bottom. Given the environment we fish in up here with so much wind and spray and CHOP! it's a wonder any of the electronics on the boat lasts more than warranty.

I'd love to move to a new colour model but can't justify the $3,500 it would cost to go the whole hog with a new Lowrance 8" combo with fuel sender. Unless of course the 135 or Navman breaks down.

The 135 has been a real workhorse for a lot of us fishos. Sorry to hear yours is at the end of its life.

ronnien
12-03-2010, 06:34 PM
mine is not even 3yrs old.

ron.

ronnien
12-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Ron

It was a problem specific to the model with that type of button, so would not be likely to carry over to current models.

Cheers

ML

lowrance told me that it is not a known problem, cause they have not recalled them

ron.

Moonlighter
13-03-2010, 11:44 AM
As far as I'm aware no recall has been issued but it is nevertheless a well known problem to Lowrance/Eagle. If your unit is only just out of warranty you could talk to consumer affairs about the implied warranty and the fact that this is, at the very least, a well known and recurrent problem.

Surprised that they are now trying to deny it. When my Eagle did the same thing a couple of years ago I rang and spoke to them and they immediately knew what the problem was and said send it back. A number of other Ausfishers had same problems and I know several who had their units replaced even after warrantly had just expired. But that was the "old" Lowrance, before the new Navico approach to warrantly issues that seems much more hard-line.

Cheers

ML

ronnien
13-03-2010, 12:21 PM
As far as I'm aware no recall has been issued but it is nevertheless a well known problem to Lowrance/Eagle. If your unit is only just out of warranty you could talk to consumer affairs about the implied warranty and the fact that this is, at the very least, a well known and recurrent problem.

Surprised that they are now trying to deny it. When my Eagle did the same thing a couple of years ago I rang and spoke to them and they immediately knew what the problem was and said send it back. A number of other Ausfishers had same problems and I know several who had their units replaced even after warrantly had just expired. But that was the "old" Lowrance, before the new Navico approach to warrantly issues that seems much more hard-line.

Cheers

ML

i tried & tried, even mentioned that i have read that other people on a large fishing forum has had the same problem & the response i got... we will not take blame for people's heavy hand's (pushing the button to hard).

for this reply i will not go back to lowrance, even started another thread on what sounder to buy? before the x135 i had a little navman it was 6 months out of warranty but they fixed the screen under warranty... lowrance??????????

ron.

whiteman
14-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Navman fixed my 5200 plotter 1 year out of warranty when it lost satellites.

ronnien
14-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Navman fixed my 5200 plotter 1 year out of warranty when it lost satellites.

dont get me wrong, i think my x135 is a great unit (hardly a scratch on it) but lowrance dont want to come to the party, it's like i rented off them for 2 1/2 yrs.. @ $ 275 a yr! when it first started doing it, it was only 1 1/2 months out of warranty. & now other people on this site tell me it is known with these buttons.

ron.

Moonlighter
14-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Again, suggest that you contact Office of Fair Trading and tell them what's happened. They may be able to help.