PDA

View Full Version : hds 5 fuel calibration

rustymarlin
07-03-2010, 06:23 AM
I have had the hds for some time it is connected to my suzuki df150 im trying to get the fule flow figures close I follow the book but each time Im out it says im using about 4 time s the fuel that we actually use any help would be great

krazyfisher
07-03-2010, 06:46 AM
try doing a full reset and starting again.

MikeyS
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Is that with the EP-20? I can't give you an answer, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm still having problems calibrating mine with a DF 150, even after the software update.

Moonlighter
08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Had a similar issue with DF300 connected to Lowrance LMF400 gauge.

The instructions in the manual are quite confusing, but we ended up ignoring them and did the following:

Came back from fishing trip and fulled up the boat, filler her up full. Actually put 170 litres into the boats tank. The Lowrance gauge said we'd used only 80 litres. So clearly wrong and needing recalibrating.

Went into the menu on the gauge and went to the refill section. Selected "fill tank" and when it gave the option to re-calibrate, said yes, and entered 170 litres as actual used.

Since then it's been spot on, within 0.5 litre which is brilliant.

Hope that helps.

ML

honda900
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
EP20,10,60 all the same from a configuration perspective.

Reset the fuel configuration and start from scratch.
Fill your tank up, Go fishing.
then follow moonlighters steps.
if you find that it continues to be out, repeat steps 2 and 3.Once you have it configured, just add fuel each time you go out. if you forget, no problems just add fule when you go out next time, but dont recallibrate it.

I have found that I only need to calibrate it once and its accurate to within 2 litres.

Regards
HOnda.

rustymarlin
08-03-2010, 05:10 PM
thanks for that I will try again