PDA

View Full Version : Tender for tipplers

Horse
06-03-2010, 08:33 AM
The GCCC have asked for expressions of intrest for the Tipplers Precinct. Hopefully some public areas will be incorporated in the plan

finga
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Why don't you tender for it??
Offer $150/year.
Never know unless you have a go ;)
Is there any provisions for up keep etc etc in the tender??

Pride-Pride
06-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Just found this but still searching

http://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/tendersweb/Tender.aspx?TenderID=465

greggo55
08-03-2010, 06:55 AM
This is unbelievable! Are you telling me that teh gold city council seized/resumed a pristine piece of real estate that was used recreationly by thousajnd of gold coast ratepayers and others when they didnt know what teh hell they were going to do with it?
One can omly assume that was the scenerio if they are calling for expressoions of interest.Thats what happens when half smart polititions get mixed up in commecial ventures.
Greggo

Horse
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Maybe Ausfish should put in a tender. I wonder if TOL can set the Breaker Girls up to work the bar on the weekend.
Fill the joint with pokies and we will use the profits to build an arti from the Tweed to Port Douglas

PinHead
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Maybe Ausfish should put in a tender. I wonder if TOL can set the Breaker Girls up to work the bar on the weekend.
Fill the joint with pokies and we will use the profits to build an arti from the Tweed to Port Douglas

bloody top idea Neil..could have a steakhouse..call it the PETA room..People Eating Tasty Animals. The dunnies could be labelled the PEW rooms.
Free fish cleaning tables..sponsored by the AMCS.
and of course..some activities to keep the little ones amused...Pin the tail on Mr Baltais...or a dart board with a pic of a Sea Shepherd pirate on it.
The list is endless.

maztez
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
bloody classic PH what a top idea ...

finga
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Valet boat parking.....
Price dependent on attitude.

And tossers banned from the word go.
Na...forget that idea. I'd be banned for sure :)

Ausfish Island. Sounds not so bad eh??
You could have Chopper's Charters, Pinheads Pub, Lucky Phils Ladies Lounge (seeing he drinks girlie drinks), Roz's Roost for the cabins becuase she makes everyone feel at home, Blazes BBQ, Gary's Garage for the service shop and the peace de-resistonce....Finga's Fine Floaters for the dunnies because I'm full of it too... sometimes. :D

Oh, the list could go on and on and on.....

banksmister
20-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Revival plan for Tipplers

Melinda Marshall | March 20th, 2010

THE Marine Action Group has unveiled a $1 million plan to resurrect the Tipplers resort on South Stradbroke Island.
The proposed new Tipplers Marine Education and Tourist Centre is intended to have the same low-key feel of the original resort, but with a tinge of green.
MAG spokesman Keith Douglas said the centre would pay for itself, with new money-spinning opportunities from nature tourism, education and boat and jet-ski safety programs.
"We need to get Tipplers back on its feet so that it doesn't become a sinkhole for ratepayers' funds," he said.
Mr Douglas said Tipplers would still be a place where children could have a swim in the pool while their parents enjoyed a cheap counter meal.
Plans revealed exclusively to the Bulletin feature a licensed cafe and restaurant attached to an education and environmental centre, with interactive displays.
Marine Queensland will refine the plans and submit them to the Gold Coast City Council, which has called for expressions of interest to redevelop the precinct.
Public fury has raged since the council closed the resort a year ago after buying it with borrowings of $13.3 million over 15 years.
At least three other parties are also considering submitting expressions of interest before the April 16 deadline.
Marine Queensland manager Charles Dickson said the council would be expected to fund the construction, with the centre to be managed by a not-for-profit community group, similar to a surf club or yacht club.

Mayor Ron Clarke said the plan sounded too expensive but would be considered on its merits.
"If council was going to spend $1 million anywhere for a private operator of any sort, be it non-profit or not, you could only do so if there was a guaranteed income at the end of it," he said.
"If it doesn't work they just walk away and we've got a $1 million building with no one to operate it and no way of getting rid of it."
Mr Douglas said a business plan was being prepared to demonstrate that the centre would generate enough income to cover the purchase, the construction and future improvement costs.
The 1060sqm building with a wide veranda would be built on the site of a stage just south of the original Tipplers buildings.
The existing swimming pool, tennis and volleyball courts and accommodation cabins would be retained and redeveloped.

Gold Coast bulletin News

TheRealAndy
20-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Watch the Marine Queensland Website http://www.marineqld.com.au/ ...

Benno1
21-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Im trying to get a piece of the Texas State Lottery...min of 100 million...recon thatd be enough??? I think so...i wouldnt change the name...just refurbish whats there...add some more good stuff. Job done.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Marlin_Mike
21-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Valet boat parking.....
Price dependent on attitude.

And tossers banned from the word go.
Na...forget that idea. I'd be banned for sure :)

Ausfish Island. Sounds not so bad eh??
You could have Chopper's Charters, Pinheads Pub, Lucky Phils Ladies Lounge (seeing he drinks girlie drinks), Roz's Roost for the cabins becuase she makes everyone feel at home, Blazes BBQ, Gary's Garage for the service shop and the peace de-resistonce....Finga's Fine Floaters for the dunnies because I'm full of it too... sometimes. :D

Oh, the list could go on and on and on.....

Crikey.........you people seriously seriously have too much spare time on your hands...................;D :P :D

gr hilly
21-03-2010, 11:53 AM
they shouldn't worry about 1 million bucks ask kevin he is wasting two and a half billion a week and he's not bothered.

Lovey80
21-03-2010, 04:42 PM
with those sort of debts an offer of 10 million should see a sale..... I wonder what bank will do an interest free loan for me.....