PDA

View Full Version : split lid ice box

tenzing
06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I am having a bit of a refurb on the victory and among other things I am replacing the port seat box with a stainless frame to slide the esky under.
Can anyone tell me what brand the ice boxes with the split lid are? or who carrires them? They are the kind that you might see on the cruisecraft where you access the box from the narrow end not from the side.
Will post pics when all done in a few weeks.
Cheers Brendan

trueblue
06-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Evakool. BCF at Keperra has some split eskies. But hinged from the side, not from the end.

you getting Dave Green to build you a stainless seat frame?

cheers

Mick

trueblue
06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Hey Brendan, come over and have a look at how I just redid my seats with eskies mate. Not for everyone the way I did it, but suts me perfectly.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=161685

tenzing
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah Mick . I finally got myself organized and dave has had the boat for a week or so.
I am doing the whole shebang so I am very excited to see how she comes up.
Decided on a non folding roof as I have been kicked out of the garage anyway to make way for home renos so thought i would get the boat exactly how I wanted it then build storage to suit.
The roof needed lifting to stop it rrubbing a bigger bald spot than the one I have already got anyway. Brendan sounds like hes got some pretty swish clears in the pipes too.
Cant wait. Brendan

I have seen the side opening lids but am really after an end opener so the box can stay put under the seat.

tenzing
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey Brendan, come over and have a look at how I just redid my seats with eskies mate. Not for everyone the way I did it, but suts me perfectly.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=161685
Thanks Mick
I might drag the vic over on the way home and compare notes.
I will give you a shout.
Brendan

Alchemy
06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Brendan,

I had the lids for these 110 litre Evakools custom made by Evakool back in 2001. Way before CC did.... As you can see they slide under a custom made seat box that Col S built when he built my Fisher in 2004. Prior to that they were in my Quintrex under a dodgy home made ply box set up. The advantage of this box is that there is storage under the seat.

The fixed section of the lid was strengthened with ply, in case I wanted to bolt a seat or low pedestal on it. From memory they didn't charge much more for the custom lids, and I dealt directly with the factory.

Regards,
Dave.

tenzing
06-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Brendan,

I had the lids for these 110 litre Evakools custom made by Evakool back in 2001. Way before CC did.... As you can see they slide under a custom made seat box that Col S built when he built my Fisher in 2004. Prior to that they were in my Quintrex under a dodgy home made ply box set up. The advantage of this box is that there is storage under the seat.

The fixed section of the lid was strengthened with ply, in case I wanted to bolt a seat or low pedestal on it. From memory they didn't charge much more for the custom lids, and I dealt directly with the factory.

Regards,
Dave.
Thanks Dave
A great looking setup you have there.
Maybe I contact evakool direct when I have the final size??
Brendan

tenzing
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
C'mon you big cruisecraft owners. share the secret . are they off the shelf or custom evacools??

CCDrifter
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Cruisecraft do make them and will supply direct through Wynumm Marine but hold on to your joks when you ask for a price..........

Nathan

Dignity
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Eva Kool have modified their ice boxes for me in the past, fortunately they are just around the corner from wher I live at Caloundra. Trueblue, I couldn't see how you secured your iceboxes, I have looked at different ways and have yet to find something I like.