PDA

View Full Version : Navico great Service and Support

OWorld
03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

I would like to post my experience with Navico in Sydney. Over the past 12 months I have had to send twice some Northstar components back to Navico for software updates. The first time it was my brand new Northstar M121 which after my attempt to do a software update got locked. The second time was another brand new 4Kw Radar Processor box which did not want to talk to the M121. In both instances Navico promptly swapped the units and everything has been working perfectly since.

In the following weeks I will be posting some videos on this great unit which I am very happy with and that I have fully integrated into my twin Optimaxes via Smartcraft gateway giving me full replacement of the gauges as well as full control over the engines errors/fault diagnostics!

This unit has replaced several Lowrance GPS/Sounders, Navionics Plotter, Koden Radar, and Smartcraft gauges and I am very happy with its performance.

Thanks Navico for a great product and support,
Opti

hodges4
03-03-2010, 04:35 PM
After having read NEWBY's experiences with Navico/Lowrance support http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=158730

I'd say you were a very lucky person.

John

leelee
03-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Glad to see everythign worked out well opti.

Cheers

Lee

After having read NEWBY's experiences with Navico/Lowrance support http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=158730

John

John.

I myself have had a heap of postive dealings with navico in the past, replacing units and just great service in general so I would assume I am lucky as well?

Normally what happens though is when a product works not to many people sing the praises because it works. The downside is when it doesn't work or there are issues then complainats are made on the interent.

Like I have said before is you cannot beleive everything you read on the internet:o

Cheers

Lee

OWorld
03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Well said Lee,

It is very true that most people would write only when they are disappointed and forget or give for granted the positive ones. I did not do anything after the first experience with them in Jan 09, but when it replicated again last week I thought they certainly deserve a praise.

Opti

trymyluck
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Glad to see everythign worked out well opti.

Cheers

Lee

John.

I myself have had a heap of postive dealings with navico in the past, replacing units and just great service in general so I would assume I am lucky as well?

Normally what happens though is when a product works not to many people sing the praises because it works. The downside is when it doesn't work or there are issues then complainats are made on the interent.

Like I have said before is you cannot beleive everything you read on the internet:o

Cheers

Lee

Mate after seeing first hand that something is not right with Newby's Lowrance, I think you can rest assured that Newby's frustration is real. The problem is that this so called great service from Navico is not evident. When you spend $9000+ on a system then you would expect that they would bend over backwards to fix it, not let it drag on for 6 months. What chance would I have if I was only going to spend $1500? There seems to be a lot of lowrance units getting exchanged, fixed or updated, I wonder what the ratio would be compared to other brands?

Mark

leelee
03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Mate after seeing first hand that something is not right with Newby's Lowrance, I think you can rest assured that Newby's frustration is real. The problem is that this so called great service from Navico is not evident. When you spend $9000+ on a system then you would expect that they would bend over backwards to fix it, not let it drag on for 6 months. What chance would I have if I was only going to spend $1500? There seems to be a lot of lowrance units getting exchanged, fixed or updated, I wonder what the ratio would be compared to other brands?

Mark

Fair call but that is only one issue. I never once stated that Newbys issues or frustrations were not real and I can understand his frustrations. I actually have a part here for him to use that will fix his antenna issue, but no one has bothered to contact me about it!

So many people are keen to jump on the band wagon to slagg of company's and rub their name in the dirt for what ever reason justified or not. Reminds me of Ficht Johnson motors, Etecs, early optis and black anchors, minn kota motors - foot pedal - and mother boards? Do I dare mention the foggy screen and button malfunctions in a competitors sonar/GPS units. DO you or have you used or owned any of these products previously? My guess is yes but no doubt you have had some good experiences and therefore because the experience has been good then situation = normal. Things go wrong and everyone knows about it.

The one thing I can guarantee that when units have been diagnosed with a problem and this is where on lookers forget to pay attention, majority of the time THE UNITS ARE REPLACED. Not sent away for repairs for months on end, but replaced with a new unit. Sounds pretty good to me.

The price outlayed has nothing to do with it. Sure Newby is having issues but that’s not the be all and end all of it. If the price is a defining issue here, then I personally know members, friends etc who have in total spent well over 50k in the last 12 months on Navico products. Not one is upset with the performance of the product nor or they singing the praises because their products work.

The internet is a great place to find out the negative of every product on the market, but its hard to find positive reviews. I remember a few years ago people complaining about Navico products and lack or service etc and that was because all the unit were grey imports. How can you complain to Navico AUS of your problems when you bought the units from OS and the warranty lies with Navico USA? Damn there are still some stores today selling Navico and Humminbirds units from AUS but they are selling you grey imports and people assume that because its bought locally in AUS then it’s a local unit.

Rest assured that if you spent your $1500 on a unit through Grand_Marlin, you would not have any issues to worry about. Newby has also sung the praises of Grand_Marlin, so if you are still contemplating what to do the contact Pete. if you want to have a look at a working set-up then contact me and I am more then happy to try to sort something out for you on my boat.

Anyways this was a post on good service not bad service.

Cheers

Lee

OWorld
03-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I just know they have won me over, and I will keep buying and recommending them. I do not sell electronics and do not have any affiliation what so ever with Navico. The main reason I went with the Northstar gear was their integration with Smartcraft. Navico seems the only company offering this through Northstar or Simrad. I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality/price ratio of their product and as I originally stated the superlative service they have provided me with in two separate instances. I hope that I will not need their support in future but if I do I am confident that they will be there for me.

My $0.02,
Opti

trymyluck
04-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Mate
I know Newby's problem is complex with suppliers, manufacturer, installers passing the buck and all, just disappointing for Newby.
If you have good service then yes it should be put up the same as bad service, we seem to accept average service as the norm so thats what we seem to get. If we could have more Grand Marlins then we would have a lot less complaints I think.

And I am not anti Lowrance, I think they are a great value for money sounder / gps. I have a lms337 that seems to be having a sounder issue at the moment. I think I have fixed it but have to get back on the water to check. At this time it seems like I missed the little bit about updating the antenna software before updating the main software. Seems to have fixed it just had a transducer adjustment problem. If the problem isn't fixed I may just buy a hds5 to replace it as the gps works fine. Sorry for getting off topic. :-[ If I do, I will be talking to Grand Marlin.

Maybe we should do a poll to see who has had good or bad service from Navico and other brands.

Oh and I think Newbys antenna issue was sorted, or at least it seemed to be working but I may be wrong.

Mark

leelee
04-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Mate
I know Newby's problem is complex with suppliers, manufacturer, installers passing the buck and all, just disappointing for Newby.
If you have good service then yes it should be put up the same as bad service, we seem to accept average service as the norm so thats what we seem to get. If we could have more Grand Marlins then we would have a lot less complaints I think.

And I am not anti Lowrance, I think they are a great value for money sounder / gps. I have a lms337 that seems to be having a sounder issue at the moment. I think I have fixed it but have to get back on the water to check. At this time it seems like I missed the little bit about updating the antenna software before updating the main software. Seems to have fixed it just had a transducer adjustment problem. If the problem isn't fixed I may just buy a hds5 to replace it as the gps works fine. Sorry for getting off topic. :-[ If I do, I will be talking to Grand Marlin.

Maybe we should do a poll to see who has had good or bad service from Navico and other brands.

Oh and I think Newbys antenna issue was sorted, or at least it seemed to be working but I may be wrong.

Mark

Good glad to see the antenna issue being resolved but when people read that post they see all these issues, but they don't see that any of them are fixed. So looking from the outside people will still see all the issues from the original post and see that the antenna is not fixed, but from what you have told me it is.

Don't know if the poll will return the values you are after because nothing really defines great service, as it means different things to different people. Is great service buying a product that doesn't break thus the service provided is great because the product worked with no difficulties? You will also get people adding to the i hate "insert supplier here" when they have tried to do downloads or not followed instruction manuals, called up support and the solution is discussed, but the person in question will never admit they are wrong. Over 60% of issues people suffer with sounder/gps units is user error and people are to quick to jump down the throat of the supplier blaming them when in fact it is the users fault for not understanding the product.

I can't wait for the telepathy upgrade that enables the units to read the users minds, because that's when majority of issues will be resolved.

Cheers

Lee

OWorld
04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi Mark,

And thank you for your feedback. I took the time last night to read Newby's thread and I must say that I really understand his frustration and stressful time he has had to endure. Unfortunately for him his scenario was a lot more complex than mine, in particular when you are dealing with so many parties and so many components that could be at fault. Not excluding the fact that anytime you buy something brand new in technology you are also adding some more potential risks.

My scenarios were a lot simple to troubleshoot and assess from a support/service point of view. M121 got locked after a software update I attempted. Tried to switch back on and I couldnt, it would fail on the startup screen. I had not yet even installed the unit on the boat, so it was quite easy to just send it back. A bit more complex what happened with the Radar Processor Box, I still installed this personally but the advantage here was that before installing and wiring the lot I tested it all lying on the floor of the boat and discovered that there was an issue. Did as much email communicating with Navico first to try and isolate where the problem was (M121 or Radar Processor or Radome or cabling). Sent a few pictures and tried a few tests. In the end they advised me to send the Processor Box back as it seemed to be the culprit. They were right.

Newby's scenario seem a lot more complex and simply replacing components might have not necessarely fixed his issues. It could be a bad installation, damaged cables, bad power supply, etc. As I said earlier, I really feel for the guy and understand his frustration but unfortunately it seems a very complex setup with multiple issues and one that would not be easy to resolve from far away. Looking back I am sure that even Navico now wishes they had handled the all thing differently from day one. I hope that they can find a suitable solutions and that he can get his gear properly working.

Hi Lee, loved your post, in particular the bit about the telepathy. If you develop or find this somewhere please let me know so that I can use it in my business when supporting my clients on PC/Software issues! ;D Another good feature I thought of for my software would be a hand that comes out of the PC Screen and slaps the user when they are pressing the wrong key. I feel they would soon learn how to use the system!;)

Opti

honda900
04-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Lee,

Can I ask if you are in anyway affiliated with Lowrance, via sponsorship? or retailing their products? Just after an honest answer.

I am not and have undertaken my own independent testing.

I personally have had mixed results with Navico, Lance and Andrew technically have answered my questions without fault and have sent me additional parts and generally looked after me, they are competent and seem to know their products. (my opinion).

The storeman on the other hand locked up my sounder for 6 weeks while he was doing stocktake, even though it was there just for a firmware upgrade. Was not overly impressed, but recieved a couple of stubby coolers and hats for the inconvenience.

I wont hijack this thread but there are issues with the software in the late model lowrance units, as indicated in Dickos posts within, Newbies, thread, the devil is in the detail.

Regards
Honda.

maimai
04-03-2010, 06:20 PM

John

Im with you on this one, too many bad reports on these for me to hand over my $$$

leelee
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Lee,

Can I ask if you are in anyway affiliated with Lowrance, via sponsorship? or retailing their products? Just after an honest answer.

I have no affiliation with Navico at all. I have been a user of their products for a long time. I am not sponsored nor do I retail any of their products.

I guess all my testing is done on the water and at home in the garage viewing logs and trying to optimise base line performance of my unit. I guess I can interpret the results from the sounders quickly enough to know exactly what they are or use opinions I have formed over years of using these products.

I guess that I have an understanding of the products and it amazes me that people will spend money on technology but not know how to use it, then blame the manufacturer because it to hard to read a manual or take the time to try to understand the capabilities of the product they have. Better still blame the manufacturer because the retailer sold incorrect parts or did not sell parts required for the installation. Take it up with the retailer not Navico. All the boys at Navico know their stuff but its hard to fiz and diagnose problems over the phone. Imagine calling your mechanic and saying my car won't start and then abusing him because he did not know how to fix it?

Personally I think majority of anglers are not ready for this type of technology and this is their Achilles heal so to speak and find it hard to embrace and utilise the change of technology from the previous LMS and LXC units. People these days want plug and play units that find fish and can’t be bothered with setting up units and fine tuning and when it become to hard to understand the technology, the same excuse given all the time is CRAP product.

Cheers

Lee

leelee
04-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Lee,

I have no affiliation with Navico at all. I have been a user of their products for a long time. I am not sponsored nor do I retail any of their products.

I guess all my testing is done on the water and at home in the garage viewing logs and trying to optimise base line performance of my unit. I guess I can interpret the results from the sounders quickly enough to know exactly what they are or use opinions I have formed over years of using these products.

I guess that I have an understanding of the products and it amazes me that people will spend money on technology but not know how to use it, then blame the manufacturer because it to hard to read a manual or take the time to try to understand the capabilities of the product they have. Better still blame the manufacturer because the retailer sold incorrect parts or did not sell parts required for the installation. Take it up with the retailer not Navico. All the boys at Navico know their stuff but its hard to fiz and diagnose problems over the phone. Imagine calling your mechanic and saying my car won't start and then abusing him because he did not know how to fix it?

Personally I think majority of anglers are not ready for this type of technology and this is their Achilles heal so to speak and find it hard to embrace and utilise the change of technology from the previous LMS and LXC units. People these days want plug and play units that find fish and can’t be bothered with setting up units and fine tuning and when it become to hard to understand the technology, the same excuse given all the time is CRAP product.

Lee,

I wont hijack this thread but there are issues with the software in the late model lowrance units, as indicated in Dickos posts within, Newbies, thread, the devil is in the detail.

Is this in relation to picking up the bottom or locking onto bottom at speed?

If so what are these “devils in the details” so to speak?

Cheers

Lee

NEWBY
05-03-2010, 07:19 AM
You just knew I would have to jump into this one eh?
Navico have not done themselves any favours with me or anyone I speak to.
After the reps visit last week, and the phone call the next day from my supplier telling me "they were onto it" I have heard jack shizenhouzen from them. Nothing. Zip. Naff all.

Mark, the RADAR problem seems to be fixed although as you saw, it didnt pick up a boat (large one) that was 2 miles away (Lamont) and it didnt pick up the mainland, allbeit it with a lighthouse on it and all. And it certainly DOES NOT pick up a seagull like I was told the broadband would but the blip has gone yes. another intermittent problem to solve.
As far as the external anntennae for the GPS goes, it STILL has not been fitted. That is a supplier issue.

Guys I am glad you have had a good run with these clowns. I dont like to see anyone out of pocket, patience or even just having problems with a product. Good luck for the future with your gear. At this stage, mine will be returned for a full refund and I will start again. Probably Furuno but will also check out Raymarine. I gave them a further 2 weeks. Time is up on wednesday. I can only see 2 resolutions to this.
1) They give me back my 9 grand.... (preferable)
2) They send their "experts" from NZ or wherever the hell they may be up to Gladstone, lift the boat out, take EVERYTHING off the boat and start again. WITH ALL NEW GEAR.... Now we know thats not going to happen...

Here was the final blow for me really. Although the company has been bought out by the U.S. and we actually do have an office in Australia, nobody here can make decisions. everything has to go through NZ.

battler1
05-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Service THATS FOR SURE

Is this in relation to picking up the bottom or locking onto bottom at speed?

If so what are these “devils in the details” so to speak?

Cheers

Lee

Scott Mitchell
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
your on DRUGS & your so Far up the Ar$e of well who cares Service NO THATS FOR SURE

Mods - Why is this type of comment allowed to stay up for this length of time :-X

Regards Scotto

leelee
05-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Thaks for the update Newby.

It’s a shame it had to lead to this but then again I can only imagine what the frustration would be like

your on DRUGS & your so Far up the Ar$e of well who cares Service NO THATS FOR SURE

Mate seems as though you have no idea and really there is no need for comments such as this. Your biased nature against these products shine through on this thread and previous threads. Constructive posts such as Newby's latest post help shed alot of light on issues experienced not crap reply’s like yours.

Battler1, are you associated with Humminbird or Furuno in any shape or form? (an honest less abusive response would be nice)

You stated WHO CARES well obviously you seem to.

Cheers

Lee

OWorld
05-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Scott, it makes me wonder too!

Also, there is a 10+ pages thread on Newby's issue and I do not understand why it is now moving into this one!

Please keep the specifics to your thread. I have replied now in there because, as far as I am concerned, I am not quite convinced yet about who's responsibility it is to fix your issue. Personally I feel it is the seller/retailer/installer and not Navico's. Of course Navico should support the dealer but not you directly considering that there is such a complex scenario.

.............. I really do not understand how you got into this all mess in the first place! Did you buy the gear from a dealer and then did the install yourself? or did you get some sort of backyarder to install it for you? ..........

Please read my full post in the appropriate thread (Newby's) (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=158730&page=10) and make any further comments in there!

Opti

NEWBY
05-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Also, there is a 10+ pages thread on Newby's issue and I do not understand why it is now moving into this one!
Please keep the specifics to your thread. I am going to reply now in there to your post John because as far as I am concerned I am not quite convinced yet about who's responsibility it is to fix your issue. Personally I feel it is the seller/retailer/installer and not Navico's. Of course Navico should support the dealer but not you directly considering that there is such a complex scenario. Please read my full post in the appropriate thread.

Adri

Mate, Battler could be quite correct about there being substance abusers here.

You put up a post raving about a product or company that you may or may not be associated with and that post is in direct conflict to a post that I started many months ago and you expect me NOT to comment? Or be specific?

Personally, if you feel the seller/installer is at fault, then your "personally" wrong. Navico have stated that the install is fine. The supplier and Navico have chatted about all this. THE REP was here last week. He doesnt even know whats wrong with it...How the hell do you get "supplier/installer" problem? Only problem they have is that they recommended Lowrance. You obviously have not read the thread about poor service properly.

If your not prepared to accept the fact that OTHER PEOPLE may post something on your thread that you may not like, get outa Dodge boy. Its a FORUM. Its what a forum is all about...Discussion. Not necessarily all you way...Many opinions...Not just yours..Despite the fact you started the thread.

I have to say that I smell a rat here....A Big juicy "company endorsed" one that is trying to stop a massive decline in the popularity of a company or product. Why would you attack me???? Because I dont agree with you? No other reason is there really?
Or is there????

I will OPT out of this thread now before I end up with another holiday...You cant undo a wrong......

NEWBY
05-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Please keep the specifics to your thread. I have replied now in there because, as far as I am concerned, I am not quite convinced yet about who's responsibility it is to fix your issue. Personally I feel it is the seller/retailer/installer and not Navico's. Of course Navico should support the dealer but not you directly considering that there is such a complex scenario.

Please read my full post in the appropriate thread (Newby's) (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=158730&page=10) and make any further comments in there!

Opti
Oh ok just one more comment from me then....
Now I know for sure that Battler is right about the "substance abuse"
You say you have read my thread and you come up with this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaxWorld http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=1138142#post1138142)
.............. I really do not understand how you got into this all mess in the first place! Did you buy the gear from a dealer and then did the install yourself? or did you get some sort of backyarder to install it for you? ..........

The supplier installed it. The ACREDITED supplier.
We were born with 2 ears and one mouth. Listen twice as hard as you talk and you may, just may, maintain some sort of credibility.

This certainly is starting to back up my "COMPANY ENDORSED" statement isnt it eh? Thanks for adding MORE credibility to that for me.

In my opinion, ONLY an "ENDORSED" person could possibly ask that. You really think that me or anyone would spend 9 grand on electronics and get a "back yarder" in to do the install or do it myself?????

I want a truckload of what your sniffin' It goooooooood.....

OWorld
05-03-2010, 09:23 AM
As I clearly stated earlier I do not have any affiliations or connections. If you check all my posts in AusFish, you will get quite a good picture of who I am! Having said this I simply posted because I got my Radar Box back last week from Navico Sydney and I have got paper work to prove it, shall I scan and send???

I had also never even noticed your post until after I posted mine and someone pointed it out in here! Another true fact!

I understand how a forum work and I just feel that it is a lot easier to maintain all conversation about a certain topic into the one thread, just simpler to follow later on by someone checking it a lot later in time, otherwise they will be missing pieces!

If you need a copy of my Navico return receipt from Sydney last week let me know and I shall post here for your public embarrassment, remember that these things have all serial numbers of the parts on them and I am happy to take any Navico unfriendly Adelaide boy on my boat to show the components!;) Also as I stated in my first post I will be uploading a video test of this unit on my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/adricist).

I am really sorry you are taking it this way, but your wrong! big time wrong!

Right now you just cannot accept the fact that there are lots of very happy Navico customers out there, and I am sorry for that.

Opti

battler1
05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
There you go Scotto i changed it for you ok .

Joe

Mods - Why is this type of comment allowed to stay up for this length of time :-X

Regards Scotto

battler1
05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I wish LeeLee im just a 63 year old painter but love me electronics so im a bit old to change .

Joe

Thaks for the update Newby.

It’s a shame it had to lead to this but then again I can only imagine what the frustration would be like

Mate seems as though you have no idea and really there is no need for comments such as this. Your biased nature against these products shine through on this thread and previous threads. Constructive posts such as Newby's latest post help shed alot of light on issues experienced not crap reply’s like yours.

Battler1, are you associated with Humminbird or Furuno in any shape or form? (an honest less abusive response would be nice)

You stated WHO CARES well obviously you seem to.

Cheers

Lee

catfishkid
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I have owned 2 5"colour lowrance units 1 sounder 1 combo,both failed the customer support and service from navico was woefull to say the least.I am glad you got good service but I will NEVER own another product under the navico umbrella and will happily warn all others not to buy their products.Just my experience.

Cheers Craig

leelee
05-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I wish LeeLee im just a 63 year old painter but love me electronics so im a bit old to change .

Joe

Joe I gather you have a very vast knowledge of marine electronics and personally I would have thought that you might have been able to contribute some of this knowledge with some constructive comments on the subject instead of slagging me off.

Everyone has thier favourites and uses what works for them.

But back to the orginal reason this post was created as it was for some positive effort from Navico to help out opti.

Cheers

Lee

battler1
06-03-2010, 07:46 AM
LEELEE all i know is Paint use DULUX'

Joe

quote=leelee;1138265]Joe I gather you have a very vast knowledge of marine electronics and personally I would have thought that you might have been able to contribute some of this knowledge with some constructive comments on the subject instead of slagging me off.

Everyone has thier favourites and uses what works for them.

But back to the orginal reason this post was created as it was for some positive effort from Navico to help out opti.

Cheers

Lee[/quote]

trymyluck
06-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Ok so this thread is all about great service from Navico, well given the number of issues that come up why wouldn't they. They certainly get enough practice and before someone jumps on me about other brands do a search on the other brands and just how many problems they seem to have. The only thing that may be in Lowrances favor is the ratio of units sold compared to other brands but I have know idea what that would be. Maybe some of the non affiliated contributers might be able to inform us.;)

Mark

Mister
06-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Hi all,

I would like to post my experience with Navico in Sydney. Over the past 12 months I have had to send twice some Northstar components back to Navico for software updates. The first time it was my brand new Northstar M121 which after my attempt to do a software update got locked. The second time was another brand new 4Kw Radar Processor box which did not want to talk to the M121. In both instances Navico promptly swapped the units and everything has been working perfectly since.

If I had to be sending back brand new gear for any reason I would be bitching not thanking anybody, brand new gear should work otherwise it might indicate a failing in quality control?

trymyluck
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
If I had to be sending back brand new gear for any reason I would be bitching not thanking anybody, brand new gear should work otherwise it might indicate a failing in quality control?

I agree, wouldn't be happy depending on the number of units you have, if it was 2 out of 2 then pissed off, if you had several then maybe you could live with it.

Mark

OWorld
08-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Mister, if you read my messages you would have seen that I locked up the unit in the first place.

Mark, expanding on the number of units ...... I think we also need to remember here that, when talking Navico, we are covering quite a great range of products (Lowrance, Navman, Northstar, Simrad, B&G, Eagle, etc.) while if you talk Furuno or others, they are single product companies. This will certainly mean a vastly greater number of products. If we then relate this back to what Lee said earlier, about the fact that most people only make a post when they have an issue, then it all seems to make sense.

I was just being different and wanted to let people know that I had two very positive experiences with them! Maybe I know understand why people do not post positive experience. I for one will think twice next time as I have been called words, I have been assumed to be an affiliated, and I have even had my user name modified. Maybe there is a sublime message in here .... "get out of this forum, you are not welcome!" I might take you all up on this one!

Opti

trymyluck
08-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Mister, if you read my messages you would have seen that I locked up the unit in the first place.

Mark, expanding on the number of units ...... I think we also need to remember here that, when talking Navico, we are covering quite a great range of products (Lowrance, Navman, Northstar, Simrad, B&G, Eagle, etc.) while if you talk Furuno or others, they are single product companies. This will certainly mean a vastly greater number of products. If we then relate this back to what Lee said earlier, about the fact that most people only make a post when they have an issue, then it all seems to make sense.

I was just being different and wanted to let people know that I had two very positive experiences with them! Maybe I know understand why people do not post positive experience. I for one will think twice next time as I have been called words, I have been assumed to be an affiliated, and I have even had my user name modified. Maybe there is a sublime message in here .... "get out of this forum, you are not welcome!" I might take you all up on this one!

Opti

Mate I think most complaints seem to be with the Lowrance line, it does seem like they have released the HDS line without a lot of test driving.Certainly turned a lot of people off what should be a great product.