PDA

View Full Version : help tranfer of rego

eureka
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
hi I'm sure someone here will know
I'm buying a boat with nsw rego and I live in queensland just want to know what I have to do.
IE do I have to got to nsw transport department and hand the transfer into them to put it in my name then go to queensland department of transport and change it over from nsw to queensland or do I have the seller sign the nsw paper over to me and just go to qld transport and surrender the plates over and it goes in to my name.
any one that has done this and can help it woud be much appreciated
cheers matt

Ally Jack
02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Matt,

I purchased a boat from NSW last year.
I had the owner transfer both the boat and trailer rego over to me on the NSW forms, then I took these into QLD transport along with the reciept and roadworthy for the trailer (depends on the trailer whether it's required), handed in the NSW plate and rego'd both boat and trailer in QLD

There is a timelimit for transfering over no sure what it is, I did it soon after I got home (2-3 weeks) as it was just about out of rego anyway

Ally Jack

cormorant
02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
NSW are picky and wanted a NSW Lic and address - what a crock Had to attend in person or use authority

Call em and check exactly what is the process

Transfer into your name as otherwise when it is cancelled you won't get a refund - minus a 25 buck fee of course.

When you get the receipt get the trailer written on as small cost and boat for the rest of it as seperate items as you only pay stamp duty on the trailer.

Penalty for late lodgement of transfer is enforced.