PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Launchers

Stressless
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Greetings All

One to get you all measuring!!!

I've just about finished my Signature refit, and up to building a new above deck rod storage holder, to sit behind the bimini.

What is the measurement between the bottoms of your overhead rod holders and the deck.

Is there a recommended height to avoid taking a circular plug out of the top of your head?

Regards
Steve

outsider580
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
My Rocket launchers are about 2m from deck

Lbudgie
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
my head height plus 2".

Noelm
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
dont think the distance is a "standard" it just needs to be high enough that your tallest person does not knock their head off when moving about, or standing when traveling, like in my case, my son is very tall, and I am "normal" but I have to have everything at 2Metres other wise he hits his head, but I could jump up under it and still be safe.

dreemon
03-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm making one too and as long as the bottom bar is higher that the bimini all should be good,

How many rod tubes are you fitting to yours? I have 6 made up but think I'll go with 5 so it doesn't look so crowded. cheers

timddo
04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
i have 9 on mine

dreemon
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
A half dozen will do then ;D all s/steel, I'll post a pic when its done , very simple one , and $ 100 to make

maimai
04-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi Steve
just had a look at my set and the bottom of the tube is 1900mm from deck, the tubes are 250mm long and find having a large heavy outfit up there sometimes makes it a tad hard to take out.

I think if it was about 30mm lower and the tubes were 20mm shorter that it would be much better over all,

Ohh I'm 1780mm tall, I'd like to see some pics of the new fit out you have done, how long did it take?

Stressless
05-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm making one too and as long as the bottom bar is higher that the bimini all should be good,

How many rod tubes are you fitting to yours? I have 6 made up but think I'll go with 5 so it doesn't look so crowded. cheers

I'm going to have 7, 5 for rods (4 cleared rods and one spare rod) and one each for tag pole and gaff, plus a tag for anchor light and maybe two spare tags for docking lights.

Regards
Steve

Stressless
05-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks All

I appreciate your ideas

Regards
Steve

Stressless
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Steve
just had a look at my set and the bottom of the tube is 1900mm from deck, the tubes are 250mm long and find having a large heavy outfit up there sometimes makes it a tad hard to take out.

I think if it was about 30mm lower and the tubes were 20mm shorter that it would be much better over all,

Ohh I'm 1780mm tall, I'd like to see some pics of the new fit out you have done, how long did it take?

Hi Maimai

At the boat builder for two weeks, I've done the final fitout including new seats, sounder/transducer (95mm hole in my boat!!!), speckle coat and other final fit-out bits.

Last job will to be get a carpet cleaner friend to suck the fibreglass dust from the interior upholstery befor my next overnighter.

I'll post a full rebuild story when I get the time

Regards
Steve

Daisy Burnett
07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Steve
While you are in assembly mode you may want to think about some method of securing rods in the rocket launcher, be it a strap or clip arrangement. Some dont think it neccessary but I saw a boat shooting hard between the islands off Carnarvon in WA. It is a reasonable rough narrow passage and this guy hit it pretty hard. He encountered a larger than expected wave half way through and sent all his rods into orbit. They eventually came back down into about 20 ft of rough water. (Not a great spot to try and retrieve gear).
Just something to think about.

Cheers
Daisy