PDA

View Full Version : Ballina/Lennox Mackeral

greenie.77
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
They must be on here too, as yesterday I noticed 'trojan', the local pro here at the co op unloading a LOT of Mackeral in the arvo, I think he usually fishes the pinnacle off Lennox......anyone need a deckie???? My punt probably wont cut it out there!!!;D

Is Don Is GOOD
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
We were catchin them at brunz round new years so they should be well and truly on there way, just need some good weather to get out in aye!

Don

deepfried
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
A bit late now for a while with this fresh but yes they have been on in a big way going by the numbers i have heard the pros were catching. Most of them have come from bruns though. Seriously huge numbers of fish. I was lucky to get out and pick up some on saturday which was great fun except for the swell.

bondy99
04-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Gday Don from Jimboomba,

Mate, I'd go out with you the next time you're going offshore would be great to get a feed of fish sometime.

Peter

Chopper Taylor
05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
mates of mine fished Wooli last weekend and caught 3 spanish 17, 10 and 6kg, dropped 5 or 6 fish as well.

mattooty
08-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Tonnes of fish going through all the northern rivers co-ops. Bruns, Byron/Ballina, Clarence and Coffs.
Bit sickening seeing the numbers getting weighed in but I suppose some blokes have gotta make a quid at what they're good at.
One bloke weighed in about 35 fish, each at 7-10kg he pulled from a school north from Coffs last week that he said were all picked up over 1 tiny patch of reef that had fish literally lined up on each side of the reef picking up anything that went near it. Bruns has been pushing a heap through as well but I don't know any numbers on theirs.
Just gotta hope this fresh cleans up and I'll be chasing em off the rocks ey deepfried?

onerabbit
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
If you really want a Mac, try travelling either to Woody, or to Bruns.
They seem to take a wide berth around Ballina.
Many days now when going to work in Byron I have passed one of the local pros, ̣at around 4.30am....

Muzz