PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good digs on the WA Coast

Fatenhappy
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi all ...

Currently based back in the Middle East (Dubai) for the next few years ....

In the mean time looking for a good venue to make home on the WA Coast when we return back to Oz permanently.

Obviously salt water fishing has a very very high priority on the outcome.

No problems being a little bit issolated or basing up a river as long as there is good salt water access..... bars no problem!

Traditionally use a 6 to 61/2 meter ali mono hull, with a 150 Honda or similar .... worked well in the past so why not again!

Look forward to your thoughts .... 8-) 8-) 8-)

Cheers Greg

Boab Bribie
15-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi Greg,
Mate i am living back in back in QLD now but i just did 8 years in Fremantle. But i did alo9t of fishing out of Kalbarri and if i had my choice i would like to have lived there.
Cheers BOAB BRIBIE

Fatenhappy
16-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks Boab ...

And yes, the "minister for home finances" and I also like "Free" and the Margaret River area ... and even further south down around Albany.

As I am getting older though and the bones are creeking more, I do like the thought of the warmer weather further up north so Kalbarri sounds like its right on the money from what I've read so far .....

Thanks for the tip ... sounds good ..... all good food for thought .... 8-)

ThePinkPanther
18-03-2010, 11:30 AM
You want to seriously look around the Margaret River area as this is tops for fishing and within reach of both Perth and Albany.

Beautiful part of WA to live and great fishing all around.

'Cos if you want to get really serious about retiring to a great place, Queensland is the way to go!

Daisy Burnett
18-03-2010, 12:23 PM
If you like a warm area that is quiet and a bit isolated with great fishing try Exmouth. The weather is great the facilities good the price of land is not bad and the fishing spectacular. You will love it. I did.

Daisy

Fatenhappy
21-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks PP and Daisy .... Have a lot of good memories around Margaret River, but still trying to go north of Perth for slightly warmer weather if we end up in WA ..... Geralton area or even Kalbarri as previously suggested.

As far as QLD its gold having been based there for the past 40 odd years but now the bloody land prices are ridiculous. I really wanted something around 1770 or Elliot Hds but thats out of my ball park these days.

We used to have a block on the Coonar Creek near Coonar National Park just south of Elliot Hds which had deep water access out to the top end of Hervey Bay, but that was until the river mouth silted up about 2002/2003. >:(

Re Exmouth .... well you are right there it is sort of fairly issolated. The original target for WA was Broome .... I mean if you are going to be fairly issolated you might as well have great fishing hey?

So now the search is on again .... up a river somewhere, deepwater access for salt water fishing ... few coldies and a blokes in heaven, so either WA or QLD would have to be a winner!!! 8-) :D ;D