PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 300C FF

Luc
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Thinking of buying a Garmin 300C fish finder and would like to find out it's power consumption.

Have looked at the Garmin site but couldn't find that info.

Help

Luc

Whitto
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Can't offer much in the way of Power consumption Luc.....other than I have a Garmin 300C and it is an excellent Sounder with some Whistles and Bells......bought mine from the States at a much lower price than what is being offered locally.......Cheers Whitto

Luc
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi Whitto,

Since my boat will be all battery power with a separate one for sounder & accessories (but mostly sounder) it would be nice to know the power usage so I can get the right battery.

Garmin gives all the specs except that one!!!

I've sent Garmin an email now to see if they bother replying

Luc

tunaticer
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Mate gets about 4 days usage out of a 7.2AH sla battery on his yak so probably about 48 hours use would see one of those batteries drain down to nothing nearly.

Personally I find the tiny screens annoying and would rather a 5" b&w screen with good res over colour smaller screens. Lowrance are releasing a good 5" b&w this month with very good res for less money.

Luc
03-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi Jack,

Thanks for te info, will check them out.

Luc

Luc
05-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Got a reply from Garmin tonight.

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
The device can use up to 3 Amps. Unfortunately I can not provide a current draw number because many factors influence the draw of the unit. On power up and while acquiring bottom the unit will use more power which will come close to the 3 amps. Factors such as temperature, depth of water, gain settings and brightness will effect the actual current draw.
The best information regarding specific battery use is based on use with our portable kit for fishfinders. A 12 volt Gel cell lantern battery will provide up to 8.5 hours of use for this fishfinder.
Luc