PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter Horizon 800

fish2relax
01-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi all,
Was just wondering if anybody on here either ownes or have been out in a 800 Horizon.

I have recently sold my last boat and am looking at getting a larger fishing / family boat. There are a few of these on boatpoint at the moment with twins.

I think ( have not confirmed) that it is the same hull as the Patriot so it should ride well- although possibly more rolley due to being slightly top heavy with the hard top?

I think she will be a heavy boat though and if an owner on here has the BMT weight it would be appreciated.

So discussion is welcome on the above boat.

Regards,
Ben

GBC
01-03-2010, 05:19 PM
800 horizon, 800 grand cruiser, 680 applause - all the same 680 hull and similar topside layout. All run a bit softer than a patriot due to the extra weight.

Have spent some time in the applause, patriot, sc - they are BIG on a trailer (over 3t), but run great as you'd expect.

If I was after a trailerable family cruiser that can still fish - they would be well up the list. Value for money over the patriots second hand is awesome.

200 h.p. seems adequate for the ones I've had anything to do with.

megafish71
02-03-2010, 07:06 AM
I think she will be a heavy boat though and if an owner on here has the BMT weight it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ben

Ben, My mates old one was just short of 4000kg on an alloy trailer running twin 200hp verados. They are heavy boat to trailer and require a big tow vehicle like an F250 or small truck.

Sorry no decent pics of the boat but you will get the idea.

Cheers Ron

fish2relax
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Pretty much what I thought in regards to weights. All the boats for sale now have twin 200 or 225's plus add the extra over for steel trailer and fuel.........

Did you go out ion your mates boat Megafish? How was the stability at rest? Much fishing room?

The search continues ut seems

Cheers,
Ben

goona
02-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Ben, My mates old one was just short of 4000kg on an alloy trailer running twin 200hp verados. They are heavy boat to trailer and require a big tow vehicle like an F250 or small truck.

Sorry no decent pics of the boat but you will get the idea.

Cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

How did he get away with the 50mm or 70mm ball as these are only rated to 3500 and 3700 respectivley. Just gone through the whole thing myself and let me say it is a pain when they get bigger. Awsome in the water but getting them there and back etc is the thing. I think if I had my time again I would go around 6.8m

Goona

TJ Bear
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I agree goona 6.8 by 2.5 by just under 3.5t all up with full tanks and gear is the big trailerable formula if you intend trailering any distance in my opinion, anything bigger is complicated expensive and a bit of a pain. I think thats why so many Haines Hunter 680 Patriots have been sold sits right about there.

The 800 horizon is not the same hull as the 680 patriot its the 800 Patriot hull with half a 800 patriot transom deck moulding grafted onto a 680 Horizon Forward Hardtop moulding the two deck pieces are glassed together and detailed.

rowanda
02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
anything Haines 680 or 800 would be an awesome boat. A mate tows a 26ft Bayliner with a Suburban 6.5T/D, great tow vehicle, but boat not as good as a Haines. Has just sold the boat and bought a 42ft'r....we have told him no to towing that....Suburban will be for sale soon, pm if interested and I can put you in contact