PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga Trip??

GilgaiCodFish
26-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Heading up to Awoonga on sunday can anyone tell me if it is worth the trip or just stay at home as the weather report does not look good for the area lots of rain to come and does anyone know if the barra are on or not there are no reports for the dam so i am thinking it is not good.

chris_macca
26-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I have been up to Awoonga in feb 2008 and 2009, copped plenty of rain the week beforehand both years, no reports then and the fishing ended up being sensational. I find when there are no reports the fishing is probably going quite well becuase the locals would like to keep it under their hat (fair enough too)

Cheers
Chris

Peter4
26-02-2010, 02:29 PM
What's the worst that can happen? You don't catch any barra?....well that can happen anytime.

Get out on the water, enjoy the scenery of a magnificent impoundment, explore, learn and, if things go your way, land a barra....

Regs

Pete

boys play
26-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I am also heading up there on Sunday...two days drive, and potentially the third Awoonga donut, but it beats the pants off working.
cheers
Ian

Tezza@Tannum
26-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I was on the dam yesterday arvo, a bit lumpy in the basin but OK out of the wind. But alas no hits. Always next time

Tezza@Tannum
26-02-2010, 03:02 PM
I was on the dam yesterday arvo, a bit lumpy in the basin but OK out of the wind. But alas no hits.:( Always next time to look forward to:D
Tezza

cantcatchbarra1
26-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm heading up Monday hope to catch up:P and compare notes .Just in case will get my decky to bring the cinamon:-[