PDA

View Full Version : Mondy & Awoonga-How High?

Obi _ Wan
25-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Been watching the BOM weather radar site this morning, a lot more rain has been falling across the catchment area's of both lakes.

Will both lakes fill?? the way we saw Mondy come up in the last couple of weeks was sensational.

Could be a while before Mondy is ready to fish again, i spoke to Eric & Deb yesterday, who were out trying their luck. Report was very very hot and Eric said that in some area's you could smell the rotting vegetation, this action of course drags the oxygen from the water and the fish or any other animal that depends on oxygen via the water column, departs the area.

Cheers,
John.

Peter4
25-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Kolan River at Springfield/Mt Wallaby is up 1.0m after this morning's rainfall. No doubt this will cause a further rise in Moduran...

No data yet on the Boyne River and its flow into Awoonga...though it's still raining there ATM...

warrior
25-02-2010, 01:43 PM
the influx of rain is awsome news but with it all as obi said rotting vegitations is a prob lenthalls here has a bit of it too but no where near as much as the 2 big dams ,how long would we be looking at till the water quality gets back too a normal scenario,thats if the dams dont rise any more,i know lenthalls took nearly 12 months to recover from its refill after they raised the wall 2 years ago

NAGG
25-02-2010, 03:00 PM
the influx of rain is awsome news but with it all as obi said rotting vegitations is a prob lenthalls here has a bit of it too but no where near as much as the 2 big dams ,how long would we be looking at till the water quality gets back too a normal scenario,thats if the dams dont rise any more,i know lenthalls took nearly 12 months to recover from its refill after they raised the wall 2 years ago

I think once the levels rose beyond the previous most recent high of 38% @ Mondy - we began to cover what was effectively new ground - with plenty of live vegetation ( not just grass) - & many more Sq/km ........ I feel that the problem will become bigger & recovery will be longer. ...... I hope I'm wrong

Chris

Archer
25-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I think once the levels rose beyond the previous most recent high of 38% @ Mondy - we began to cover what was effectively new ground - with plenty of live vegetation ( not just grass) - & many more Sq/km ........ I feel that the problem will become bigger & recovery will be longer. ...... I hope I'm wrong

Chris

The other side of that coin Chris is the fact there is also ALOT more water per 1m of rise the higher it goes!!
It should in theroy at least be better filling over a month or two than what it would be filling over a week as you keep getting influshes of fresh high O2 water over a period of time...

Joe

snodger 08
25-02-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.sunwater.com.au/water_store.htm

This site has water levels for most QLD dams. Its usually about 24hours behind, but should give you a pretty good idea of what's happening with water levels.
Hope that helps
Steve

Ally Jack
25-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Here is the link to the Awoonga dam levels

Rain belted down again today

http://www.gawb.qld.gov.au/damlevels.html

Ally Jack

fin finder
25-02-2010, 08:10 PM
you guys are making me nervice only 14 days till we come up its a long way to eat donuts hope to here some good reports in the next week or so gazza

snodger 08
25-02-2010, 08:19 PM
you guys are making me nervice only 14 days till we come up its a long way to eat donuts hope to here some good reports in the next week or so gazza

Know how you feel mate. Me and the Mrs heading to Mondy on Wed. next week, and I already have 2 Mondy doughnuts "L"
Steve

Tailortaker
25-02-2010, 08:56 PM
i'll be there in less than 3 weeks and i'm worried. Been looking forward to it for ages and now this...
Grant

Whitto
02-03-2010, 06:07 AM
HHHmmm.........and the rain continues........just added a couple more weeks to my next trip to Mondy......according to Sunwater 54% I suspect it is a tad higher than that, inflows would have slowed down to a solid trickle me thinks.......is 60% on the cards:o

Awoonga
02-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Heavy Rain here at Calliope allnight. ..And it continues to fall. l think both Awoonga and Monduran shall rise a bit more

fin finder
02-03-2010, 07:21 AM
has any one been out for a fish or has the weather just been that bad i will be at awoonga in 11 days time im thinking do i need to come up with plan b gazza

NAGG
02-03-2010, 07:23 AM
HHHmmm.........and the rain continues........just added a couple more weeks to my next trip to Mondy......according to Sunwater 54% I suspect it is a tad higher than that, inflows would have slowed down to a solid trickle me thinks.......is 60% on the cards:o

Gee Whitto - with this current rain event you wouldn't bet against 60% ...... who would have thought - but with a trip in 3 weeks time , I want it to F*@&!n STOP!!!:'(

Chris

Awoonga
02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
has any one been out for a fish or has the weather just been that bad i will be at awoonga in 11 days time im thinking do i need to come up with plan b gazza
11 days ;D pm sent

Tailortaker
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
it's only 2 weeks untill my first trip now, I'm worried about the fishing but atleast I will finally get up there for a look around :-/. Aslong as it is'nt pissing down rain while I'm there.I've got a cabin booked but I dont really want to be sitting in it drinking the whole time :P I think I need to start planning the next trip allready;D
Grant

NAGG
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
We are fast approaching the 7M mark for Mondy ..... probably get there today :P Thats a hell of an increase

Chris

Peter4
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Monduran will reach 55% tonight (up 6.9m since the deluge began) and Awoonga has just gone past 77% (up 4.85m)....

So far Mondy has had inflows in excess of 175,000ML and Awoonga 231,000ML!

Whitto
02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Gee Whitto - with this current rain event you wouldn't bet against 60% ...... who would have thought - but with a trip in 3 weeks time , I want it to F*@&!n STOP!!!:'(

Chris

Enough already.......I neeeeeeeeeeed to go Fushing.......I'm going stir crazy with all this indoor rubbish:o......I'll need a refresher course just to get back to basics:P:P

Callop
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Enough already.......I neeeeeeeeeeed to go Fushing.......I'm going stir crazy with all this indoor rubbish:o......I'll need a refresher course just to get back to basics:P:P
Mate, it's like riding a bike
stubbie in one hand , twist top and pour
The rest comes naturally

gladbream
02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
went for a bike ride above awoonga over the weekend an pretty well the creeks are flowing like crazy. could have jumped on a body board and travelled 4-5 km's before hitting the dam. everywhere up there heavy under foot, and good falls still continuing like trev was saying. wish it would stop, i gotta get fish out of the hatchery and into the dam in the next 2 weeks.

Whitto
02-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Mate, it's like riding a bike
stubbie in one hand , twist top and pour
The rest comes naturally

What is this "Riding a Bike" you speak of Dave.......A JDW in one hand and swill does not pose a problem......most forms of riding have ceased apart from my Boat, which I have caught myself sitting in for no apparent reason;D......it's time IBD wise but not Mondy wise::)

Pete62
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
went for a bike ride above awoonga over the weekend an pretty well the creeks are flowing like crazy. could have jumped on a body board and travelled 4-5 km's before hitting the dam. everywhere up there heavy under foot, and good falls still continuing like trev was saying. wish it would stop, i gotta get fish out of the hatchery and into the dam in the next 2 weeks.

God forbid u don't get the fingerlings away within the 2 week period, what happens? excuse my ignorance.

And, what can be expected if Awongee levels surpass the wall??

Have not fished there but both questions make me shudder.

Pete.

Boomi Boy
02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
God forbid u don't get the fingerlings away within the 2 week period, what happens? excuse my ignorance.

And, what can be expected if Awongee levels surpass the wall??

Have not fished there but both questions make me shudder.

Pete.

Did you see the pics last year when Lake Moondarra overflowed? Kids taking monster barra home in prams and trolleys that had gone over the wall, and not landed particularly well.
They put nets up at Tinaroo after heaps of large barra went over after one large inflow, not too sure how successful they were. Bottom line, without nets or something similar a lot of large barra will go over the wall. I have no idea on a percentage, don,t know anyone who really does, but a lot of fish will go over.

Tinaroo has lost fish several times, but the incredible growth rates of impoundment barra means it doesn,t take long for them to be replaced by new monsters.

In my opinion, a good flush probably causes short term pain and long term gain, imagine the baitfish in a full dam once it settles down.

gladbream
02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
pete
the fish will not be released into awoonga in any fashion that will affect survival rates in any way. the release of the fingerlings probably will not reach the dam wall in the positions selected, and secondly the barra fingerlings tend to move upstream in events of inflow, hence away from the dam wall (no real problem releasing fish in the middle of inflow - perfect example is every stocked area in the fitzroy basin in the past 2 years). the main issue lies with:
1. the timing of release
2. space available in the hatchery. remember we have had many years experience doing this, and have witnessed these fish from egg to release size (i know just about every fish that move in our tanks similar to that of everyone else in my position).
it has been predicted that the dam will reach 38m by the weekend, and it would not surprise me if it goes further.

yes the dam could do with a good flush in my eyes, and obvious there will be fish going for a cordless bungie, but more water in the dam equates to ore fingerlings released annually. no harm in that as i would think everyone would agree on.

hope this gives you some more insight on fingerling habits and stocking activities. cheers
kh

Obi _ Wan
03-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Posted on Sunwaters site this morning, 3/3/2010.

Lake Awoonga--------80.8%

Monduran--------------57%

Wow.

Cheers,
John.

vet
03-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Kurt, any fish released at the moment should grow like the clappers as the dam is overflowing with tiny bait fish. I've been out there at night lately and whenever you shine a light on the water it erupts with tiny fish showering out of the water. Most of these fish are still small enough for a baby barra to fit in his mouth so food shouldn't be a problem for them. If I can help in anyway with the release just give me a call.
cheers scott.

Pete62
03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Kurt, any fish released at the moment should grow like the clappers as the dam is overflowing with tiny bait fish. I've been out there at night lately and whenever you shine a light on the water it erupts with tiny fish showering out of the water. Most of these fish are still small enough for a baby barra to fit in his mouth so food shouldn't be a problem for them. If I can help in anyway with the release just give me a call.
cheers scott.

Hi Scotty, sounds like a healthy food chain, good to see.

How is the big screen telly going on the front of the Polly.

Pete.

gladbream
03-03-2010, 01:53 PM
yep scott
may need some help but i will catch up soon to let you now, prior to the event. excellent numbers available at the moment, and nearing stocking size..

thanx for the offer.

cheers
kh

robersl
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Posted on Sunwaters site this morning, 3/3/2010.

Lake Awoonga--------80.8%

Monduran--------------57%

Wow.

Cheers,
John.

you must nearly be able to launch off the road at the mondy dirt ramp in the photo from the other day looked like it was not far off and has gone up about another 4 percent

shane

Obi _ Wan
03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
you must nearly be able to launch off the road at the mondy dirt ramp in the photo from the other day looked like it was not far off and has gone up about another 4 percent

shane

Shane, i think you may be right, maybe somebody can post a picture. Do you know how far up the road it would be at full level??

Cheers,
John.

bar raider
03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
guys, only been to mondy 3 times and im interested to know a little history you might want to share?? like,

when was it built?
has it ever been full?
how long has it been low for?,,
etc etc,
those links don't go back very far.

tell me a story :P

oohh, and awoonga too.

mylestom
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
guys, only been to mondy 3 times and im interested to know a little history you might want to share?? like,

when was it built?
has it ever been full?
how long has it been low for?,,
etc etc,
those links don't go back very far.

tell me a story :P

oohh, and awoonga too.

You will find a lot of that info on the Lake Monduran Holiday Park site

http://www.lakem.com.au/newsletters/march2010/default.html

Hope that helps, Foxie at the Tackle shop will be the best for the rest of the info on Monduran. Johnny Mitchell might be best on the Awoonga info, has been guiding there the longest.

Trev

barradise
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Try the Gladstone Area Water Board website. It has all that history info on it within links.

BR65
03-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Shane, i think you may be right, maybe somebody can post a picture. Do you know how far up the road it would be at full level??

Cheers,
John.

This is last Wednesday John, levels are up a bit since then.
I think theres some more recent pics on SW at the moment. At full, (another 5+ meters to go), we would be backing down the bitumen for sure.

Awoonga
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Monduran shall reach at least 85% with the water that is flowing at the moment .The Kolan is running strong plus feeder creeks like Waily are flowing fast as well

warrior
03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
have you had any fun with any runoff fishing trev,

Big_Ren
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Holy schmokes:o This could cut our trip by an hour up the goat track the way things are going.

Cheers
Paul

Awoonga
04-03-2010, 06:28 AM
have you had any fun with any runoff fishing trev, Al nope been away...Basstastic event this weekend at Caina..Maybe next weekend ?

Tropicaltrout
04-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Hows Awoonga Trev she would be on the rise too still wouldn't it?

Whitto
04-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Monduran shall reach at least 85% with the water that is flowing at the moment .The Kolan is running strong plus feeder creeks like Waily are flowing fast as well

I suspect we will have a cracker of a Winter.

Awoonga
04-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Hows Awoonga Trev she would be on the rise too still wouldn't it? Yes mate less than two meters to go :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

03/03/2010 20:30-2.01
03/03/2010 22:00-1.99
03/03/2010 23:40-1.97
04/03/2010 01:40-1.95
04/03/2010 03:30-1.93
04/03/2010 05:40-1.90

Awoonga
04-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Holy schmokes:o This could cut our trip by an hour up the goat track the way things are going.

Cheers
Paul The goat track...No Paul l have seen better goat tracks, The Bruce Hwy from Calliope to GinGin is in bad shape, Potholes everywhere

Peter4
04-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Holy snapping ducks - Awoonga is now up 1m since the beginning of March (three days)!

Currently 84.48% of capacity - a massive 288,000ML of inflow since 1 Feb and still rising slowly...

I think (hope) its coming to an end now. The forecasts for the Gladstone/Calliope district are a bit worse than the Gin Gin/Monduran area forecast but they are talking showers rather than rain now...

Don't agree with you Trev, Mondy will get to 65% maybe even 70% (currently at 59% and rising slowly) but we will need significantly more heavy rain to get it to 85%...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Regs

Pete

matt fraser
04-03-2010, 09:44 AM
04/03/2010 08:10-1.88Awoonga only 1.88m from going over.......

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDQ65392/IDQ65392.539086.tbl.shtml

I'm getting very nervous!!!!!

Matt

warrior
04-03-2010, 04:17 PM
just got this of the dam wall at awoonga it looks pretty close to going over it said in the post 1.omtrs to go make sure you stay in there big girls:-/ :-/

Tropicaltrout
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Crickey!!! get as many bessa blocks as ya can!!!

Boomi Boy
04-03-2010, 06:39 PM
If, and its a big IF, it starts to overflow, what percentage of the resident big girls are likely to bungy?. Allowing for the fact that the number of days of overflow is probably a big factor.

Do the nets at Tinaroo work?

Is it too late to put up nets??

warrior
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
i dont think it would be too late to put nets up but maybe :'( getting them would be a prob ,might be some pro who might lend them for a while. :-/

BigChiefBarra
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Actually still 1.83m to go

http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDQ65392/IDQ65392.539086.tbl.shtml

Been watching this for weeks - rise started at -7.70m only a few short weeks ago.

Gaz

NAGG
04-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Mondys up over 7.5M now ...... :-/ New dam for most of us now

Chris

Luc
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
1.83 M in a dam the size of Awonga is a lot of water!!!

Luc

Obi _ Wan
05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Lake Monduran---- 60%

Lake Awoonga-----85.5%

As per today's postings by GAWB & Sunwater.

John.

Bros
05-03-2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.gawb.qld.gov.au/damlevels.html

robersl
06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
looks like they got a lot more rain in the mondy catchment yesterday dam is at about 4.47m up from 5.01 yesterday lunch and rising

shane

BR65
06-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Whoa!

Well, we were wondering what it would be like full, bring it on baby, but just dont over flow!

robersl
06-03-2010, 08:52 AM
:P
Whoa!

Well, we were wondering what it would be like full, bring it on baby, but just dont over flow!
if she overflows we may have to fish the river below but a long way to go should be a few more shortcuts accross the dam now:P

Boomi Boy
06-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Now at 1.56 m from the top. Rising steadily at 1cm per hour. If that rate holds she starts to run about 8am Wed. I reckon it would need more rain to do that.

Magela
06-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Monduran now up over 8.3 metres since the 1st feb these photos taken Wednesday, has risen over .75meter since than.
Cheers Foxie

BR65
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Monduran now up over 8.3 metres since the 1st feb these photos taken Wednesday, has risen over .75meter since than.
Cheers Foxie

That should make reversing the trailer a bit easier!

robersl
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
thanks foxie looking at bom water has risen a lot since then as well it is a new playground but at least 3 weeks b4 i can get there

shane

darylive
06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Cheers Foxie

I expect those asking why the dirt ramp was not concrete now understand ::).

Whitto
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
I expect those asking why the dirt ramp was not concrete now understand ::).

Not that far to go before it's a Bitumen Ramp:o

Big_Ren
06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Should be able to fire a few casts straight from the cabins too Whitto::)

rc@hinze
06-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Pretty exciting stuff watching all these rises. One of the great things about modern technology is watching it basically live via graphs on the BOM site. Certainly is going to be mind blowing next time us less regular guys hit it again.

Foxie, theres quite a few trailers at the ramp. Are they catching fish? - Richard

Magela
07-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Richard,
It has been a bit, they are hard trolling a few up around the CAGE in the main basin and getting a few up in the dirty water casting. Monduran up another .483 last night and still raining. risen 1.011 metres since the photos on Wednesday.
Cheers Foxie

Peter4
07-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Hey Foxie,

Any chance of posting a few more pics from around the dam so we can get some idea of how daunting it has become?

Regs

Pete

snodger 08
07-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Just got back from 3 days at Mondy, and the dam rose 11% while we were there. Not a lot of turning room left at the dirt ramp. It was unreal to go out every day and check out the change in spots we had been the day before.
As foxie said, find the dirty water line and work it like crazy, thats where I got mine (my first);D. Thanks for the tip on the frogs Foxie ;).

Cheers

Steve

Magela
07-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Pepper Point? or just another tree

BR65
07-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Funny, I cant see that stub I used to hang the rope off - probably under 6 meters of water now. If that tree could talk, the fish that have come from there!

Youd have to think the 2 islands that Pepper has now turned into will be"interesting" once the weed edges get going again.

NAGG
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM

Hey Foxie

How is the water quality in South B now :-/

Chris

mylestom
07-03-2010, 02:45 PM
What is the highest level that Monduran has been and when.

Thanks

Trev

robersl
07-03-2010, 04:22 PM
not saying 67 percent or 3.82 and rising looking at bom

Whitto
07-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Judging by that photo there's a lot of tree under water:o

DEANO68
07-03-2010, 05:56 PM
thankx mr fox....long cast from there..:o

deano..8-)

Magela
07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Nagg,
Water was rotten up to the old fence line a couple of bays past pepper point when it was clear for a couple of klms, than dirty up the top of the creek under the power lines. Water quality in the bays have been changing daily at the monent depending on the amount of water flowing through. Jacks was rotten one day than after a lot of rain overnight was good clean water the next. The second little creek on the left up the top of jacks now about 100 meters wide.
100% 1992
Have fished it at 85% back in 2003 was a great lake an tops to fish back in those days was not uncommon to be only boat on the lake sometimes a bit scary.

Cheers Foxie

Magela
07-03-2010, 06:13 PM
photo 1 up the top of jacks
photo 2 old cattle yards and homestead site up the top of South B

mylestom
08-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Nagg,
Water was rotten up to the old fence line a couple of bays past pepper point when it was clear for a couple of klms, than dirty up the top of the creek under the power lines. Water quality in the bays have been changing daily at the monent depending on the amount of water flowing through. Jacks was rotten one day than after a lot of rain overnight was good clean water the next. The second little creek on the left up the top of jacks now about 100 meters wide.
100% 1992
Have fished it at 85% back in 2003 was a great lake an tops to fish back in those days was not uncommon to be only boat on the lake sometimes a bit scary.

Cheers Foxie

Foxie,

Thanks mate that 1992 figure was what I was chasing, lots of figures about water flows and river heights, but just me couldn't find that one.

Sounds like day by day adventure, will be interesting to have a good look around. Less than two weeks to go.

Your updates are very much appreciated.

Trev

Awoonga
08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Holy snapping ducks - Awoonga is now up 1m since the beginning of March (three days)!

Currently 84.48% of capacity - a massive 288,000ML of inflow since 1 Feb and still rising slowly...

I think (hope) its coming to an end now. The forecasts for the Gladstone/Calliope district are a bit worse than the Gin Gin/Monduran area forecast but they are talking showers rather than rain now...

Don't agree with you Trev, Mondy will get to 65% maybe even 70% (currently at 59% and rising slowly) but we will need significantly more heavy rain to get it to 85%...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Regs

Pete
So Pete wont get to 85% wanna bet ?

finding_time
08-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Trev

hows your dam looking at the moment, is it going to go over the top??

Ian

Ps it sure must be sight atm.

Obi _ Wan
08-03-2010, 02:11 PM

Hey Trev,

I'll have a bet mate, that it will exceed 85% LOL ;D

Seeing GAWB has posted today the latest level for Awoonga 89.49% :o

Also, Foxie says that Mondy is 71% but Sunwater have it listed today as being at 70% ;D

That's a lot of water in anyones language, so much water between the fish now.

It that don't beat all, my local dam has been overflowing for about a week now, i see in the estuary section that member Freedom, caught a 2kg Yellowbelly in his cast net while having a throw for prawns in the Pine River, well and truely in the salt section of the river.

Stay Dry,

John.

Peter4
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm not usually a gambling man, Trev, but I still think a max of 75% is as far as it will go. Would you like to put a beer on who is closest to the final outcome?

From below 75% to 80% I win, over 80% and the prize is yours....

See you there in April for the payout?

Regs

Pete

Peter4
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
This morning Monduran hit 72% and is still rising (though very slowly now)...

Awoonga has reached 90% and is also rising very slowly....now just a good sized barra from going over the spillway (1.16m)...

Looks like little or no rain for the next few days...

Bros
09-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Went up the Boyne today to the bush camp. It was good to see all the creeks running and all the green grass. All you barra hunters are going to have your work cut out as the water is backed up an awful long way.
Here are a few photo's. The first was taken in 2004 and I tried to get into the same place again but a campsite was in the road but you can see the background is the same except for the water.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/th_Boyne-5.jpg (http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/Boyne-5.jpg)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/th_IMG_3352.jpg (http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/IMG_3352.jpg)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/th_IMG_3353.jpg (http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/IMG_3353.jpg)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/th_IMG_3359.jpg (http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/Bros_photo/Boynedale/IMG_3359.jpg)

gladbream
09-03-2010, 09:32 PM
shoud be a good spike in the dam level tomorrow and the day after as the vaves have been shut on awoonga for 48 hours.

cheers
kh

Bros
09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
shoud be a good spike in the dam level tomorrow and the day after as the vaves have been shut on awoonga for 48 hours.

They were still open at 2 o'clock today with quite a lot of flow through Pikes crossing

Obi _ Wan
10-03-2010, 12:35 PM
And up it continues,

Sunwater are saying today that Mondy is now at 74%

And GAWB have posted today, Awoonga at 90.79%

Cheers,
John.

gladbream
10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
yesterday afternoon they were off

Big_Ren
10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
And up it continues,

Sunwater are saying today that Mondy is now at 74%

And GAWB have posted today, Awoonga at 90.79%

Cheers,
John.

Pete....you are a poofteenth from shouting Trev a beer (oops Diet Coke).

Shout him the beer and I'll drink it for him if I am there.;D

Cheers
Paul

Peter4
10-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Pete....you are a poofteenth from shouting Trev a beer (oops Diet Coke

Hey, hey, hey...go easy there Big Paul. By my calc there needs to be another 6.32% (35,500ML) of inflow into Mondy before it reaches 80% and Trev wins!

At less than 5,000ML per day now (and slowing) I'm still a chance! At the very worst, I have a week up my sleeve!
ATM the anti-rain dance is being performed by my tribe....;)

robersl
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey, hey, hey...go easy there Big Paul. By my calc there needs to be another 6.32% (35,500ML) of inflow into Mondy before it reaches 80% and Trev wins!

At less than 5,000ML per day now (and slowing) I'm still a chance! At the very worst, I have a week up my sleeve!

forcast is for rain at mondy on the weekend 40-60 mils that will be enough if that happens lol;D

Obi _ Wan
10-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Hi Peter, I just had a look at BOM's radar, guess what??

Storms across both Mondy and Awoonga at the moment mate.

Cheers,
John.

Peter4
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
forcast is for rain at mondy on the weekend 40-60 mils

I must be looking at the wrong sites. Forecast for Mondy this weekend is for little or no rain.....are you trying to gee me up?

Hi Peter, I just had a look at BOM's radar, guess what??

Storms across both Mondy and Awoonga at the moment mate

Don't care about Awoonga's rain mate, just Mondy. Reckon that tiny little storm will miss the catchment area anyway....!

Big_Ren
10-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Sorry Pete....you are correct....and I am suffering from a bad case of premature speculation;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

BR65
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Sorry Pete....you are correct....and I am suffering from a bad case of premature speculation;D ;D

Cheers
Paul

Theres a spray for that, so Ive been told! 8-)

Big_Ren
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Thought the cure was plenty of fluid brother, but then that other problem comes into play:o

Whitto
11-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Theres a spray for that, so Ive been told! 8-)

And the weird thing about that Brian (So Ive been told also) is you spray it up ya nose......funny place that needs to HTFU;D......Premature Speculation (Nasty affliction Paul):o

Obi _ Wan
23-03-2010, 01:08 PM
They are both still on the way up as of todays date,

Although they have slowed down a lot they are still edging up.

How far????

Mondy today--------76%

Awoonga today-----92.52%

Cheers,
John.

Peter4
23-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Quick update - Sunwater and BOM seem to have cleared the problems with their Monduran weather station and have now updated the dam stats.

ATM Monduran sits at 82% with 458,400ML - over 325,000ML more than two months ago!

Locals told us it was still filling slowly - they were right!

Regs

Pete

Awoonga
23-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Quick update - Sunwater and BOM seem to have cleared the problems with their Monduran weather station and have now updated the dam stats.

ATM Monduran sits at 82% with 458,400ML - over 325,000ML more than two months ago!

Locals told us it was still filling slowly - they were right!

Regs

Pete So you buy me a bottle of coke

Peter4
23-04-2010, 09:13 AM
So you buy me a bottle of coke

Knew you would pick up on this Trev!

You win, name your poison and I will shout in June at Mondy....

Regs

Pete