PDA

View Full Version : Cure Needed for Bad Fishing Juju

megafish71
24-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Over the past few trips I seem to be suffering from some bad fishing juju, now don't get me wrong I understand we all have some bad trips from time to time, but the results of the last couple of trip have been disastrous for me. From my last 4 trips I have managed 3 eatable keepers (don't laugh).:P It’s not like the others onboard haven't been catching quality fish, there has been plenty of decent size fingermark, large mouth nanny’s, spangles, trout etc all been caught, while I keep catching stinking sharks, slatey bream and chinamen and all sorts of other crap.:'( :'( The tern human banana has been thrown around a bit lately.;D ;D I was hoping somebody may know of some crazy ritual that may help shrug off the bad juju or at least make peace with the fish gods. Hay if somebody comes up with good ideas I might even video me doing it for a laugh, but with the way things are going I have to do something or I will have a new name, possibly B1.

Somebody help me
Cheers Ron AKA the human banana

Daisy Burnett
24-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Only one cure for the bad Juju. NUDE FISHING. Now for this you have to pick your day (sunburn), boating partners (obvious) and location (also obvious). I have tried this and the missus finally got fed up enough to give it a go as well. Ten minutes after she disrobed she hooked onto a 7 kg snapper at 100ft and the day took off.

Trust me would I lie to you????

Cheers
Daisy

ifishcq1
24-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a mate Roger who we all called vermin king who had the same dilema
he suffered riddicule for years until one day he said today I'll catch the baits and you guys can fish hard
he caught heaps alright but the little mongrel never caught anything small enough for bait
we reckon it is the smell of confidence like when you have a girl it seems easier to get another one
he knew he could get bait so he gave off the smell of confidence pheromones
probably crap but it worked for him

cheers

Moffy
24-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Only one cure for the bad Juju. NUDE FISHING.
Trust me would I lie to you????

Cheers
Daisy

geez Ron - if you take this one up - please let me know before I put my hand up to crew next time........... And i think you might want to reconsider the video.......

BTW - at least you didn't catch a dirty big flapper last trip:-X

Cheers,

Moffy

Member101
24-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

You're not alone megafish. Im going through a bit of a drought at the moment. But only in my tinnie. I can go out in other people boats to the same place and catch fish, but in mine, nothing but sharks and catfish.

I peeled the old name stickers off a while ago. anyone reckon this may be an issue?

Cheers
Steve

smashed crabs
25-02-2010, 08:43 AM
You need at least four really hot strippers on board mate :P

Chuck em in the boat and head out where everyone else is fishing , park it right in the middle of the crowd and get em to rip there gear off and do a really hot dance for every one to see , the other boats should then start to get alot closer to you, at the end of the dance get the girls to hold up a 200 liter ice box and then stand back and watch it get filled up , oh and if someone tries to slip in a shit fish throw it back at them, quality strippers demand premium fish so don't be fooled into accepting inferior product .

This also works very well if you need a feed of prawns, just target commercial prawn trawlers ;D ;)

HOT CHICKS the best bait knowing to man 8-)

Crunchy
25-02-2010, 11:24 AM
B1, where have you been, I've been missing you.

Regards
B2

groverwa
26-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Requirements for catching fish -

Turn your back to rod or

Have a pi$$ or

Start eating your lunch or

Open a beer or

Use the 9 litre dunny or

Make up some rigs or

Tighten up the drag too much - you wont boat the fish but just about guaranteed that something large will come along and break your line ;D

wilcara
26-02-2010, 10:29 AM
maaaate... I know the juju.... guy I knew had it, we used to take him trout fishing, his nick name was "perchboy."

He gave up in the end.

I too have the banana affliction right now. I too am thinking of giving up. Maybe we could have a really great tackle sale together? I think perchboy smashed his stuff but I could ask him?

sleepygreg
26-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Member 101........You did WHAT???????

Now you have to go through the rituals that appease the great King Neptune. You cant just "change the name of your boat" without duly performing the rites that must accompany such a serious decision!!!!!!!!!!

Your mission...should you choose to accept it....is to look it up on the net and perform all such acts that are necessary to rid your boat of this fecund afflication you have bestowed upon it by ripping off the old name stickers.

Otherwise there will be no fish for you in future!!!

Yours in Trepidation
Greg

Member101
27-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Lol, technically, i haven't changed it. Just unnamed it. It was a pretty lame sticker though. almost embarrassing i would say.

I'll do the research and see what i come up with.

Cheers
Steve

samsnap
01-03-2010, 02:54 PM
You can Hire a B1 costume at the local costume hire shop - might not break the drought but would be bloody funny :) Sammy xx

major-defect
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
My drought has been going for ages now,I'm getting very disheartened.Havn't been bothered going out much lately.Flat as out the front today,I thought I should go out then thought whats the use and walked back home and turned the aircon on and came on here.Recently while camping I fished for 2 days for some sooty grunter with only a couple of tiny tiddlers caught when a friends daughter walks up with half a grape of all things on for bait and catches the biggest sooty I'd ever seen caught there on her first cast.The other kids caught plenty of fish as well just not me

megafish71
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Well after reading everybodies replies I don't feel so bad, I'm not the only one having a bad run. Planning on trying my luck again this week end, might even try that nude fishing thing;D ;D . So who wants to be crew???:o

Cheers Ron

darylive
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
If that's you in the avatar pic I'm in!

TheGurn
04-03-2010, 08:22 AM
darylive, how about you take a number and get to the back of the line

greenie.77
04-03-2010, 08:07 PM
my brothers theory is if you play with your 'tackle' the morning of a trip, you get nothing!!!! so get your hand off it, and just go fishing!!

megafish71
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Well I seem to have found a possible cure for my bad fishing juju. I think I may have passed it on to somebody else, possibly even two people, thanks Daz(wahoo) and Shane. Went out on Saturday night to drown a few baits, was a quiet nights fishing but I did manage 5 good quality large mouth nanny's while Daz and Shane got SFA, very disapointing for the other guys but maybe I have shaken off the bad juju, hopefully it doesn't haunt the others for too long.

Cheers Ron

BTW, Nanny's ranged from 4kg to nearly 7kg.

juju
09-03-2010, 12:25 PM
i suffer that bad thats what i called my boat !!