PDA

View Full Version : Tournment Boats Warranty

TJW79
22-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi Guys

A good mate of mine just purchased a new 2000 Tournment Bluewater and when i was reading the fine print on the warranty i was amazed to really see just 6 months for workmanship 12 months for upholstery and 10 years for the outer layer of glass I was under the impression it was a lot more then this!!!! Has anyone had any warranty issues with their Tournment!!!

Any feed back much appreciated.

business class
22-02-2010, 02:33 PM
i believe the 6 months workman ship would be like fittings and so on, as you couldnt give much more as the ocean will distroy everything.... I would ask the question what outta layer of glass means, as does this include transome , under floor and so on? if so thats awesome.... And the 12 months for upholstery is also quite good i believe...... What are ur concerns?

Regards,
Matty

Assasin
22-02-2010, 11:59 PM
hey TJW79,

why the concern with the warranty now? Has something already gone wrong? did your mate not know what warranty was available befor buying?

A 2000 Tournament would have to be worth $80 000???????
6 months warranty on parts sounds like @%&* all to me.

finga
23-02-2010, 08:02 AM
A 2000 Tournament would have to be worth $80 000???????
6 months warranty on parts sounds like @%&* all to me.
Yep, sounds like crap and against the laws of the land.
It would be a good reason NOT to buy one if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right.
Honda's work in the same environments (if not worse then a hull) and they have 5 years.
If the boats do have 6 months for workmanship then that is a good indication of what they think of their own workmanship. They must think their boats are just dodgy....... simply put.

austmarine
23-02-2010, 03:09 PM
whats finga about??, i sell these boats & the warranty guidelines are printed in black & white, they state 10year structural warranty arising from defects in materials or workmanship. 6 months is for deck fittings which is standard
there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge, Tournament has had no returns or complaints on workmanship.
i think maybe finga should get some glasses so he can read before he opens his mouth, you seem to be commenting on alot on ausfish are you a professional boatbuilder?? or just got alot of spare time

Steeler
23-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Bit harsh,i reckon he probably based his statement on the information provided by the person who posted the thread.

Steve

mitch92
23-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Would seem a tad harsh. The way it was stated it seemed like 6 months was the warranty, not 10 years as you say.

austmarine
23-02-2010, 05:01 PM
not harsh at all, these guys that spend all there time on ausfish quoting on every post should think before they post, did they ever think that some people that read posts take this @#$% seriously which results in loss of sales for some dealerships that are trying real hard to sell quality boats??????????

enough said, have a wonderful day

PinHead
23-02-2010, 05:11 PM
whats finga about??, i sell these boats & the warranty guidelines are printed in black & white, they state 10year structural warranty arising from defects in materials or workmanship. 6 months is for deck fittings which is standard
there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge, Tournament has had no returns or complaints on workmanship.
i think maybe finga should get some glasses so he can read before he opens his mouth, you seem to be commenting on alot on ausfish are you a professional boatbuilder?? or just got alot of spare time

I hate to tell you but there are other brands that offer that warranty.

Steeler
23-02-2010, 05:46 PM
not harsh at all, these guys that spend all there time on ausfish quoting on every post should think before they post, did they ever think that some people that read posts take this @#$% seriously which results in loss of sales for some dealerships that are trying real hard to sell quality boats??????????

And i take it your comments are also directed to the starter of this thread or were they more selective.

Rather than debate that with you i'll let your posts speak for themselves.

I will have a wonderful day and also to you.

Regards

Steve

wrxhoon
23-02-2010, 07:41 PM
there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge,

I think before you jump and acuse someone you should get your facts right as well .
You sell boats and you don't know another barnd that offers 10 year structural warranty ??

Here is one axample , of course there plenty more.

http://www.trophyfishing.com/warranty.asp

wrxhoon
23-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Guys

A good mate of mine just purchased a new 2000 Tournment Bluewater and when i was reading the fine print on the warranty i was amazed to really see just 6 months for workmanship 12 months for upholstery and 10 years for the outer layer of glass I was under the impression it was a lot more then this!!!! Has anyone had any warranty issues with their Tournment!!!

Any feed back much appreciated.

Besides any warranty offered by anyone, you have consumer protection , the goods must be fit for the purpose they were sold and you expect a reasonable lifespan . It doesn't matter if they offer a warranty or not .

finga
24-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Yep, sounds like crap and against the laws of the land.
It would be a good reason NOT to buy one if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right.
Honda's work in the same environments (if not worse then a hull) and they have 5 years.
If the boats do have 6 months for workmanship then that is a good indication of what they think of their own workmanship. They must think their boats are just dodgy....... simply put.

Why don't you read my comments correctly before you go off.
I quite clearly stated if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right. I'll even underline it and put in a bold blue colour for you to see.

So who is mis-quoting who??
People will take your comments seriously.

It might have been better for yourself to politely state exactly what the warantee is. You could have even put a copy of the warantee up for all to read and make their own decisions about how good it may, or may not, be??
I still think 6 months warantee for deck fittings is rubbish whether it be an industry standard or not. That is an opinion of which I am entitled to have.
I personally believe that deck fittings should be designed and manufactured to be in a marine environment and should last more then 6 months.

You do not do yourself any favours by giving comments such as those above...

As a side note I do wear glasses. I actually have 2 pairs of glassses. One for close up work and one for watching telly. I had my eyes tested about 4 months ago so I know my eyesight is OK.
But thank you for your concern.

And I don't have to open my mouth to read or type. I don't even have to read aloud anymore. I'm all grown up now ::)
And as for my ability to comment....well I thought I could comment all I like or do I have to ask permission from my mum or yourselfor the owner of Ausfish to be able to do so???
But if I am wrong please tell me so. You are never too old to learn.
And am I a professional boatbuilder???
Read my profile. I'm a bludger. I am a professional nothing.
I am retired........as from the age of about 34 so I cannot know much at all.

TJW79
24-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the input!!

No he has not had any troubles with the boat. I am in the market for a new 6m boat and wondered about the warranty on these boats as he paid a tad over 90 k for it.
I thought the warranty may have been a little more on workmanship. I now know that Signiture offer 2 years on workmanship and 5 year structural and on all deck fittings. So Im now looking hard at the signiture 602F!!!
Austmarine may wanna do his home work on his competiters so he too can retire at 34 ;D

business class
24-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Have a look at Eden Craft 6m offshore if you are looking for a Good Sea Boat in the 6m, has plenty of storgae room and sleeping room for trips with the boys....... I would say they would be around the 80 to 90K mark Fully fitted out..... You wont be dissapointed thats for sure, as i have fished out of one and am very impressed, prob best mono hull ive been in........

Regards,
Matty

TJW79
25-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi buisnessclass

Looking at the website now, look awesome will give them a call thanks very much for the help.

Cheers

JB
25-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah just hope they dont pack up and move states like they did last time

finga
26-02-2010, 08:45 AM
No comments from Austmarine??
Pretty quick to up someone when they think someone has done wrong to them but offer no time to offer explanations, or heven forbid, an apology when the shoe is on the other foot??
I wonder if the same 'ideals' exists in the boat yard??

I wonder if anyone has attempted to have a warranty claim??

I have personally sold ,many boats, new & second hand for/to many buyers & sellers. Not ONE have complained!!

Looks like they're a good mob to deal with. Not ever had one problem or complaint that they know of....apparently.

To be honest if I walked into a yard selling anything and got the same treatment that has been exhibited on this forum I'd be off quicker then a bucket of prawns in summer on the equator.

Read other posts from Austmarine. Interesting reading to say the least.

TYW69...a question if I may??
What changed your mind about Tournament??
One day your asking about them and the next not considering them.
I'm just asking for couriosity sake. If you don't feel the need to say why then don't. Easy as that. :)

business class
26-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Yeah just hope they dont pack up and move states like they did last time

Yeah I hear ya JB loud and clear.... But still have to say its prob the best monohull 6m boat ive been in ANYWHERE IMO......;)

ric
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
No comments from Austmarine??
Pretty quick to up someone when they think someone has done wrong to them but offer no time to offer explanations, or heven forbid, an apology when the shoe is on the other foot??
I wonder if the same 'ideals' exists in the boat yard??

Finga,

I recently purchased a formosa from AUst marine center.
The first time i walked in there they did not take me serious. I ended up going direct to the formosa and spoke to duncan in capalaba who then had to make a call back to Aus marine center to let them know i was serious about making a purchase!!!
Not to mention the pre delivery of the boat was terrible as i found alloy shavings all over the floor and boat. Couldn't even put in the effort to vaccume the boat out for me after a $43000 purchase!

finga
02-03-2010, 06:18 PM
So your saying I've got buckley's of getting an explanation if you cannot get a clean boat after forking out $43,000.

I would have refused to buy off them if they did not take you seriously the first time.
That would be something any manufacturer would take seriously because if it happened to you it would have happened to others and that is one thing a manufacturer would definitely not want. Sales lost because a potential cashed up client wore a singlet, boardies and a pair of thongs to look at a boat and the agent did not take them seriously.

Please read that properly if your reading austmarine because I said IF!!

BOMBIE
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
As I have said many a time, its not IF you have a problem with your boat ? BUT WHEN !!:o Warranity is worth ---- all when the putogeather Wont honour there warranity .it doesnt really matter if its 1,2 or 10years because NO-ONE can make them do anything in Qld ,trust me Ive been there and T I R E D everything and everyone for 5+ years :'( . Its just simply on the class and professionalism of whoever decides to be honourable & just or not .We just have to let the good people know by word of mouth such as what we do here!!!!!. P S ..STILL hate my boat >:( !

nickstock
03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Finga,

Not to mention the pre delivery of the boat was terrible as i found alloy shavings all over the floor and boat. Couldn't even put in the effort to vaccume the boat out for me after a $43000 purchase!

I thought that was standard with the handover of a new boat?????????Was the same with mine also.

ric
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I thought that was standard with the handover of a new boat?????????Was the same with mine also.

and i forgot to mention the LEAKING PRIMER BULB WHICH WAS DRIPPING FUEL ONTO THE BATTERY LEADS!!!

It was installed with the wrong size fittings and clamped together with PLASTIC GARDEN IRRIGATION CLAMPS!!!!!!!
I am going to write up a full story for everyone to read.

and whats the point in taking it back to the dealer??? there is no reason why they won't be USELESS the second time around!!!

BOMBIE
04-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Mine too ,was also the same 7 weeks after 1st "fault" was found and the dealer lifted the floor, mig wire,shavings,STEEL rivet shafts,broken drill bits :o ,etc,etc all in hull & didnt even look like it was hosed out at 'factory'.dealer said sorry but putogeather said ????,still dealer dropped him after ours and others had 'problems! :D

Jarrah Jack
04-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Don't worry about it Finga. Austmarine is just a new member and doesn't understand the cooperative nature of the forum.

We have just learn't about the nature of Austmarine but..;D

kitty_cat
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
hey mate just done a trip in the 602f signature with gorden from the haines group and warren steptoe dont disguard this boat in a hurry the layout and build quility is awsome some of the new ideas are some of the most practical fishing features around , they have really put the serious fisherman in mind eg i think the dash will fit a 15 inch screen (had 12inch installed) unbelivable fishing space big side pockets ects anyway just my 2 cents worth only because you mentioned boat and id just been out in one thought some feedback would be appreciated.
wayne

BOMBIE
05-03-2010, 10:33 PM

Ausfish !!?? If quality is a problem with a product (spent enough time fighting them)>:( ,then when we who have been there and know what it takes to be 'looked ' after WE take this @#$% seriously, for the people who know, know better .And the best type of info is in these serious post !! E nuff SAID !! Bombie 8-) >:(

Paul007
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll tell you what Austmarine, I would rather deal with a dealer who has, say, a half a dozen people who are prepared to post on Ausfish that they were happy with them... (even if there are one or two who post that they aren't) than I would deal with some one who is blowing their own trumpet and making outrageous claims of "total customer satisfaction".
Not exactly your words but I am paraphrasing. Interesting that there has not been one of those happy customers who have posted a message about how good the service is... or maybe your customers are not allowed to post on Ausfish because of all the @#$%^& that is posted here?

If you are going to abuse me, you better do it here because I will never set foot in your establishment... not ever!!
Cheers,
Paul

TheRealAndy
05-03-2010, 11:14 PM

I was going to buy a tournament, had it singled out for a while, then I got talking to the salesman at AMC who managed to talk me out of it. Seems the attitude is shared with other staff too.

If you had a brain in your head you would have simply put the thruth out there, rather than attack an individual or company. The loss in sales can be attributed to the smug, bad mannered attitude of staff. Real shame actually, because it looks like a good product.

Knotpretty
06-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Nothing to do with the thread although we should all investigate a little more before making derogatory remarks about products (rumors hurt). I just like Pinheads souths pic could be in for a big year this year pinhead. mojo

BOMBIE
07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Nothing to do with the thread although we should all investigate a little more before making derogatory remarks about products (rumors hurt). I just like Pinheads souths pic could be in for a big year this year pinhead. mojo
SSMojo :If rumors hurt ?, then why would so many of us who have been ripped off in this industry :'( JUST put derogatory comments on something like these posts ? (its not for something to do!!!>:( )the truth WILL always surface & eventually with all investigations and experences that we have/do in this area it WILL prove who is what and how we are treated in this industry ,so that when someone IS having dramas with whoever in this industry ,they will know who is to be trusted or NOT !!!

TJW79
09-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Kitty Kat

I will be dropping into springwood marine again today to start going through the options list on the 602. Sounds like you had a good day out Ive heard that Gordon from the haines group is a bit of a worry!!!
;D

1lastcast
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM

austmarine - your comments are not conducive of making friends nor appealing to anyone looking to buy a new boat , you may well have lost a few new customers by your own arrogent comments to ( these ausfishers who spend all there time on ausfish quoting on every post ) , perhaps you should think before you post !

only my opinion not that its worth much !!