PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS555 query

scroman
22-02-2010, 07:48 AM
G'day folks - not sure if I am reading the destructions correctly or if they were'nt written in idiot proof font but I have a query regarding Breadcrumb trails on this unit. I don't seem to be able to erase the trails - I just seem to have an option to hide or show. If I select Hide then that is exactly what happens so I can't see my new drift line in present time or any previous drifts. It HIDES them altogether or SHOWS the whole lot which is getting rather cluttered from numerous trips to a particular patch of reef.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:'(

dreemon
22-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I think I know what you mean, it has to do with clearing the active track, also with the active track if you really want to save it you have the option, if you have never cleared the active track it'll make your screen look like a spagettii factory.

hopefully someone else can comfirm this or correct me,
I have a 451s so they are similar

BaitThrower
22-02-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/3292_OwnersManual.pdf

Look up page 27 for deleting tracks.

scroman
23-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks guys - that was exactly what I was looking for. My manual was certainly not as detailed as the the link you gave me BaitThrower;)
I will go out and play soon and see how we go, thanks again guys:D

johndeere
23-02-2010, 05:11 PM
To reduce the amount of track laid down and improve the quality of the track you may be able to reduce the number of seconds or the distance it takes to record a "crumb".