PDA

View Full Version : Stickface hoodo over

trueblue
21-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks to Smithy (SQCS) I had a bunch of firsts today

1. My first beakie boated
2. sons first beakie (15 yr old)
3. first fish tagged for me
4. first time my plaited doubles held together in anger...... (finally got them sorted out)

If that wasn't good enough, also got my PB wahoo which was a snodger, and then more beakies.

Learned heaps from Smithy (thanks very much), and now have validated my addiction these pointy nosed beasts

cheers

Mick

Horse
21-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Great stuff. Hopefully what you have learn't off Smithy will set you up for many more. Nice Hoo

Neil

trueblue
21-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Too right Neil

pretty much everyone who knows me knows that I have been collecting all the gear for quite a while now - time for beakies in my boat now

cheers

Mick

Jeremy
21-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Top stuff. Congrats on the firsts and PBs. That hoo looks over 20 kg to me, whad it go? Weather looks ordinary too.

jtpython
21-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Excellent stuff ..................... That is one snodger of a Hoo
JT

Angla
21-02-2010, 10:16 PM
That really is a good turnout considering the weather didn't look all that good today. I suppose the fish would have been hungry after the shortage of others out there feeding them.

Top Hoo

Cheers
Chris

Fish_gutz
22-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Awesome, thats a great Hoo, well done and congrats on the PB`s I bet the young fella is over the moon! Cheers Andrew

jeffo
22-02-2010, 05:42 AM
great stuff Mick. Couldnt have picked a betterday to go.

trueblue
22-02-2010, 08:21 AM
That hoo looks over 20 kg to me, whad it go?

the wahoo weighed in at 19.2 kg's this morning,

more than twice my previous best

all thanks to Smithy (SQCS) for putting me onto it

cheers

Mick

business class
22-02-2010, 08:55 AM
the wahoo weighed in at 19.2 kg's this morning,

more than twice my previous best

all thanks to Smithy (SQCS) for putting me onto it

cheers

Mick

Hey Mate how are You. I thought u nailed a few buy now mate? congrats to ur awesome day out, and well done to ur son as he would be over the moon about it.

Now smithy, can u do some little marlin dance and make them come down this way as i am missing the Little blacks dearly;) ;D . Great day mate and another very happy customer, well done on ANOTHER A1 preformance:thumbsup:

Cheers
Matty

trueblue
22-02-2010, 01:04 PM
I thought u nailed a few buy now mate?

nah mate, despite best efforts and lots of money spent and heaps of different charters in hot spots around the world, they had always eluded me.

Time to do it on my own now to really claim runs on the board, but thanks to all the coaching given by Smithy I am feeling very confident now. I can see now where I was making some pretty silly mistakes before.

cheers

Mick

Spectre
22-02-2010, 01:31 PM
G'day Mick

Well done on all those firsts & PB....would have been very satisfying indeed, esp having young fella hookin up as well.;D
Good pics to.
Always good to get a few tips from the boys in the know.
Been tryin to boat one of these speedsters recently but no joy yet.:(
We managed to hook a marlin near the Cape recently but no Hoos

What did the most damage on the Hoo ...livies ??

Cheers
Phil

business class
22-02-2010, 01:40 PM
bye the look of it you guys are still live baiting for them?

finding_time
22-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Nicely done Mick!!

trueblue
22-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Nicely done Mick!!

all I did was do as I was told and wind them in - all the credit needs to go to Smithy. Fantastic learning experience.

(But it is great to have the monkey off my back)

cheers

Mick

-spiro-
22-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Good one Mick. Awesome effort

trueblue
22-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Good one Mick. Awesome effort

all credit directly due to Rob Smith - SQCS

cheers

Mick

Sandman
24-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Mick thats a beuty Whoo well done on the Marlin , i may have to go on smithys charter ive been high and dry :(
Regards Mick

vertico
26-02-2010, 01:11 PM
good work mick its good to get that monkey off your back....now for some big reds :P

bugman
27-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Mick,

Congrats on the first. The first is the first no matter how they come.

I wonder how many virgins Rob has blooded now. Sorry for the bad analogy but he really is making dreams come true for a lot of people.

Brett