PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Question

indy
20-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Gday guy's

I bought my new belco skid trailer a few months ago now and am finding it a bit of a struggle getting the boat off, i have tryed sinking it in the water deeper which helps a bit but with two guy's pushing it off its still pretty hard.

Is there anything i can put on the skids to make it easier to slid off that isn't going to polute the water.

Thanks in advance

cheers pete...

Redhunter
20-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi indy i have a swiftco skid trailer and had the same problem and I tried all that too but I found that a good amount of vassoline did the job and lasts for about a month then re-apply.
Regards Steve

Dean1
20-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Mate all it takes is someone in the car to reverse back a foot or so and hit the picks, it gets it slding straight away. Once she starts sliding and motor in reverse its a piece of cake. My last 2 boats have had teflon skid and youll love the maintenance free side of things ( no rollers to grease) You wont look back ;)

Cheers, Deano.

frankgrimes
20-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Lanox - works a treat

megafish71
20-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Silicone spray, much easier to apply than the vas and lasts about a month as well.

Angla
20-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Silicon spray after you launch and then rub it with a rag to remove the excess. Will be like glass for a while and then re do it when it starts to get sticky again.

Cheers
Chris

fez
20-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Indy,

Either silicon spray or lanox, with my poly and skids a quick squirt on the skids every 5 - 6 trips and she comes off easily. Helps winching on also (if I don't drive on).

fez

finga
21-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Are all the skids adjusted OK??
Skids binding on chines slows down the launch a lot.

indy
21-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Finga yeah they are all adjusted right to me a while but got there in the end.

Thanks for all the responses look like ill have to go to super cheap and get some silicon spray.

cheers pete...

peterbo3
21-02-2010, 10:40 AM
You can give the skids a quick spray with water & dishwashing liquid just before you launch. It works but you have to do it every time.

robothefisho
21-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Just incase, if your trailer has keel rollers these are what should be supporting the boats weight, the skids on the side are purely to stop it falling over so should only have a little bit of weight on them to stop the boat rocking on the trailer. As others have said if all is set up properly silicone spray and grease keel roller pins, if you have them.