PDA

View Full Version : Hand Held Gps Unit - To Suit Navonics Card ?

patrol50
17-02-2010, 12:53 PM
ok need a bit of help and advice please guys - my lowrance colour lcx 27 c is not picking up any satellites (and of course its is now out of bloody warranty) so maybe it can be fixed at $ resonably - the sounder still works ok though - was thinking maybe to to buy a hand held gps anyway to use in my 3.75 m car topper tinny from time to time and also maybe now in the quin 470 if the lowrance gps has crapped itself - so any recommendations about a good hand held gps that can also use my navonics card will be much appreciated guys - lets say budget of $500/600 :o
thanks and my best
rob ;D

SatNav
17-02-2010, 07:53 PM
1. Not in a handheld and not in that price range

frankgrimes
17-02-2010, 08:23 PM
In your price range, and hand held, I would be getting a Garmin (76Cx), and bluechart for your area...would come in ~$600

SatNav
17-02-2010, 09:13 PM
"so any recommendations about a good hand held gps that can also use my navonics card"

1. IF you have changed your stipulated pre-requiste then perhaps it might be a good idea to re-phase the question.

2. Has your pre-requiste requirements now changed?

patrol50
18-02-2010, 09:07 AM
thank frank - and sat nav yes ok i would prefer to get a good hand held that can use the navonics card obviulsly as paid approx $ 300 for the bloody card thing and now its looking like useless - but if not then will have to look at other options i guess - so hence the garmin hand held with a bluecharts or others will have a look at if need be and the budget $ is just a guide it will go up if need be

now would have to allege lowrance is just such crap - fine when they work ok but they continue to make crap that stuffs up either in or out of warranty and they seem to never want to fix it - it will be a furono or raymarine next time i buy a good quality combo unit
best rob