PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Mooloolaba Saturday

hookinin
16-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Headed of for a fish with the old man and a mate in my boat Saturday for its first decent outing in a long while. We headed of into a NE slop that slowed travelling down but was good to have the boat out of the shed. Had to move around alot and pick up a few fish here and there but ended up with a nice mixed bag. Sorry only took a pic before dad and i cleaned our fish and Mick had taken his share out with the better snapper and pearlies but nothing huge this time.
Cheers Gaven

Bazzawookooka
16-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Gaven,

Thanks for the post. I guess that debunks the myth that nothing bites in a northerly eh. Not that it matters really, for me it's just way too sloppy to get out in the nor-westers anyway.

Excuse my ignorance but what species of fish is the one in the front row, 4th from the left - the one with the yellow stripe???

Cheers,

Steve

Benno1
17-02-2010, 01:10 AM
decent feed there Gaven...very nice looking mixed bag. what sort of bait did you guys use??? Cheers for the report and the pic mate.

Hey Steve...Hussar...yellow stripe...good to eat and be eaten :P

Mrs Benno1
Sunny.

jarhead
17-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Nice mixed feed Gaven.

Wal

wags on the water
17-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Nice work Gaven. Great mixed bag.

kingie
17-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Good catch, be careful with photo's as they are evidence, all the parrot, hussar and maori cod must be laying with the pectoral clipped fin down in the picture, fisheries are hot on compliance, you might be lucky and get a written warning on one or two fish on a first offence, on a full bag it's a fine. Cut them as you catch them.

Cheers

Kingie:-*

-spiro-
17-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Nice bag of reefies there Gaven

Pistol_P
17-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Parrot,moses and snapper.....mmmmm

Pretty hard to beat that for a feed....Nice stuff Gaven.8-)

Pete

Vitamin Sea
17-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Gaven,

Thanks for the post. I guess that debunks the myth that nothing bites in a northerly eh. Not that it matters really, for me it's just way too sloppy to get out in the nor-westers anyway.

Excuse my ignorance but what species of fish is the one in the front row, 4th from the left - the one with the yellow stripe???

Cheers,

Steve

Hussar

Cheers

Nice catch

hookinin
17-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Mrs Benno1
We used Mullet, Pillies, Squid & Tuna. How life treating you guys over the other side of the world.

Kingie
Fins are all clipped, thats why the fish are facing diferent ways. I think they look better fin side up

indy
17-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Some nice parrot there gavin did you get them in your usual haunts.

cheers pete...

Mattg68
17-02-2010, 08:43 PM
good haul there Gaven, looks like the extra miles paid off.

matt

hookinin
17-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah Pete
Hopefully we'll catch up out there one day.

Matt
Had to do a few but no good staying where there are no fish. The breeze off the showers was making the drifts fast so had to travel back a fair way after each drift.
Gaven

aerordauto
20-02-2010, 09:46 AM
nice catch there gavin, it looks like the reefies are hungry.
cheers mark